ADVERTISEMENT

OT Riley Lefever

Is it? Couldn't place at Midlands. I wonder if he is getting the same standard NLWC package being promised to this new crop of recruits.

Last edited:
He was a great D3 wrestler, may have been a fringe D1 AA. Had some good wins, beat Studebaker at Harold Nichols, teched Wilcke in freestyle. He wants to keep wrestling, good for him. I'm always intersted to see how the D3 guys stack up.

Similar to Eric Thompson going to NLWC after his time at Grand View. He did ok but didn't set the world on fire. I anticipate similar results for Lefever. He was a beast at D3 but will be pretty average on the senior level circuit. Good for both of them though. Great opportunity to experience some things few have the chance to.

I know Nazar Kulchytskyy from UW Oshkosh has had some solid senior level results the last few years. Who are some other non-D1 guys (in the past or recently) who have had freestyle success at the senior level?

I know Nazar Kulchytskyy from UW Oshkosh has had some solid senior level results the last few years. Who are some other non-D1 guys (in the past or recently) who have had freestyle success at the senior level?

Tervel Dlagnev is the obvious recent one.

Jon McGovern, IIAC D3 National Champion(2x) in early 90s, had some Senior success

Breaded guy that wrestlers heavyweight in Greco. His name slips my mind he never attended college

He's a good wrestler but he's not a needle changer. He will likely break top 10 domestically because its our weakest weight but otherwise, that's it.

You all are discounting the power of Cael. Just look at what he has done for DT.
If the shoe was on the other foot, you and I both know that PSU fans over on BWI would be laughing at the insignificance of this move. Hell, they start gossip threads just to slap eachother on the ass and make fun of us talking about the possibility of transfers, or potential recruits we could be in on.

Just because the scenario of IMAR transferring in was plausible, suddenly we were all giddy about benching Marinelli.. and so on. You need look no further than the "Did i miss breaking news???" thread, most of the usual bottom dwellers came out.

But, I wish Lefever well. Got to watch him compete in person quite a few times at various D3 events, including his first NCAA title in Iowa for D3 NCAAs in 2014. The talent level was apparent, regardless of his division.

Side note: Wilcke was beating him for most of their match at Midlands, and I believe lost on a late TD 5-4.

If the shoe was on the other foot, you and I both know that PSU fans over on BWI would be laughing at the insignificance of this move. Hell, they start gossip threads just to slap eachother on the ass and make fun of us talking about the possibility of transfers, or potential recruits we could be in on.

Just because the scenario of IMAR transferring in was plausible, suddenly we were all giddy about benching Marinelli.. and so on. You need look no further than the "Did i miss breaking news???" thread, most of the usual bottom dwellers came out.

But, I wish Lefever well. Got to watch him compete in person quite a few times at various D3 events, including his first NCAA title in Iowa for D3 NCAAs in 2014. The talent level was apparent, regardless of his division.

Side note: Wilcke was beating him for most of their match at Midlands, and I believe lost on a late TD 5-4.

Saw that...then they were all "it would be even sweeter if IMar were a Hawk and Cenzo could pin him again." Now one of them is trying to to discredit Gable. Lucky for them that they have Roar and El Jefe who calls them out on their B.S.

Don't discount Riley. I have met him and watched him wrestle several times. With good coaching and exemplary workout partners he is very likely to improve considerably.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT