ADVERTISEMENT

OT: St. John's loses exhibition to D2 school by 32

#1 in D2. Most likely better than the Coppin State's and Tennessee Tech's we get later in the non-con.

I think fans will enjoy watching Dan Jansen bang with Woody in the paint. Jansen is a kind of a wild man, plays aggressive. These guys were teammates in AAU years ago.

Casey Schilling is one of the best shooters in D11 - of he gets hot he can go for 20+.but he has off nights as well so he is kind of a wild card.

Jordan Spencer was the surprise freshman player in the Northern Sun last year. He is an English lad who came on strong toward the endof last year to help Augie make the finals; made a couple freshman D!! AA teams IIRC

Iowa has better talent and is much deeper of course but I wouldn't take the Vikings to lightly coach Billiter will have them ready to play.

I think Iowa will likely win double digits ...something like mid/high 70s (IA) to lower/mid 60s )AUG) ...... but it could be tight if Iowa is loose with the ball and Augie is hitting there long balls.

Reactions: Legend12
Thanks for the info on Augustana, I knew nothing other than they were highly rated DivII. I am coming down from Chicago to catch the game and see what if anything has progressed from last Friday. I'll be looking to see if rotations have changed and defensively the switches have improved. I want to see a bit more ball movement and slightly better shot selection by the newbies but liked that they weren't afraid to shoot it when they were open. Like most games this year team will just need to keep improving and take it up a notch against better competition. Sounds like that needs to start tomorrow.

Thanks for the info on Augustana, I knew nothing other than they were highly rated DivII. I am coming down from Chicago to catch the game and see what if anything has progressed from last Friday. I'll be looking to see if rotations have changed and defensively the switches have improved. I want to see a bit more ball movement and slightly better shot selection by the newbies but liked that they weren't afraid to shoot it when they were open. Like most games this year team will just need to keep improving and take it up a notch against better competition. Sounds like that needs to start tomorrow.

Interested to read your observations and thoughts after the game.

Might have to throw down the $10 for btn plus. I hate to do it. Not because of how much it is but because. Because it pisses me off. Shouldn't have to pay extra for most of these games.

I generally am pretty stubborn and stick to my guns on most things. (Like not clicking click bait sites or giving attention to attention whores etc.)

Grr....hate giving in!

Some of these DII schools are very good.

I think you are seeing a shift because now if players want to transfer they have to sit out a year. So if I leave for another FBS school I have to sit out an entire year, which can suck. Its not like football where a player transfer from FBS to FCS, they get to play right away. Am I correct if a player transfers down a division they are immediately eligible? I thought i remember seeing guys who played Div 1 one year and going down to Div 2 and playing right away.

Regardless the parody in college basketball is starting to sneak across divisions.

Reactions: DanL53
I think you are seeing a shift because now if players want to transfer they have to sit out a year. So if I leave for another FBS school I have to sit out an entire year, which can suck. Its not like football where a player transfer from FBS to FCS, they get to play right away. Am I correct if a player transfers down a division they are immediately eligible? I thought i remember seeing guys who played Div 1 one year and going down to Div 2 and playing right away.

Regardless the parody in college basketball is starting to sneak across divisions.

I'm pretty sure you are right. Transferring down to Div 2 or 3 does not require a player to sit a year.

1. Yes you are correct. I follow Drake as well and they had some transfers down to D2 that were immediately eligible last year.

2. Massive WOB unless intentional

Also fun fact, the St. Thomas Aquinas coach (the team who beat St John's) is from Truro, IA and went to I-35. Small world.

This is all true. But, for the record, Augie has no transfers on its roster. All recruited out of high school. Very uncommon with the higher level D2 teams these days due to the circumstances you're describing in this post.

oh_noes_cat_plz_by_ohnoescatplz-d5crycw.png

Reactions: Bill_Callahan2.0
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT