ADVERTISEMENT

OT: TE-U

Hkfan23

HR MVP
Nov 12, 2019
On Golic and Wingo they went off on Kittle. And then Wingo said “no question Iowa is Tight End U.” And both Golics agreed. Pretty sweet. Like having national people without any bias say it. I know we didn’t get the kid today but we are stacked. LaPorta is the next Mackey.

On Golic and Wingo they went off on Kittle. And then Wingo said “no question Iowa is Tight End U.” And both Golics agreed. Pretty sweet. Like having national people without any bias say it. I know we didn’t get the kid today but we are stacked. LaPorta is the next Mackey.
There are 2 studs coming in as well at the position in SWARM 2020, we are more than fine.

So, I thought ESPN hated Iowa. Do you think Golic/Wingo will get in trouble? ;)

Time for Thomas Fidone (CB Lewis Central, IA) to commit to Iowa. 4 stars 247/ 4 stars Rivals. Having a high caliber corps that can block and catch and wear down defense with mismatches is what Iowa needs to do, since more high caliber wide receivers are found in SEC hotbeds or California.

I doubt LaPorte wins the next Mackey, nominated ... yes, maybe. Next year, the B1G will promote Wisky's Ferguson(Barry's grandson) and PSU's Freiermuth.

https://247sports.com/player/thomas-fidone-46086515/

Reactions: tdstick

Top 100 TE Theo Johnson does not seem to agree..... :)

Haha or he just saw the the talent coming in and in front of him and was scared he wasn’t gonna see the field right away....

Johnson didn't seem to mind that PSU has a returning starter, Freiermuth, that is a projected NFL draft choice and was All-B10. Johnson is the #3 rated TE in the 2020 class so you are kidding yourself with that theory.

Johnson didn't seem to mind that PSU has a returning starter, Freiermuth, that is a projected NFL draft choice and was All-B10. Johnson is the #3 rated TE in the 2020 class so you are kidding yourself with that theory.
You guys only play 1 TE a year?

BTW that kid will be gone in a year, right?

I would think that if two TE first round draft picks and an NFL pro bowler TE doesn’t swing a recruit nothing will. Theo was looking for something else. What else can we do... still a lot of talent out there and we will develop to maximum potential. I put my faith in the coaching staff and the kids who work hard every day.

The bold makes it even more true, thank you for clarifying.

Reactions: pacnorthhawkeye
Want to take a bet on whether he gets drafted ahead of Iowa's TE?

Isn't Georgia the new TE U? After all the Bulldogs have the best TE in the country this year and another probable 1st or 2nd round draft pick. Plus 3 more good tight ends, 4 if you count Arik Gilbert.

Actually, I have no idea who the real TE U is. I do know that Georgia has had some good tight ends the last 22 years. Probably is Iowa, but a fun topic to research once the season is over. Now good looking women................

Isn't Georgia the new TE U? After all the Bulldogs have the best TE in the country this year and another probable 1st or 2nd round draft pick. Plus 3 more good tight ends, 4 if you count Arik Gilbert.

Actually, I have no idea who the real TE U is. I do know that Georgia has had some good tight ends the last 22 years. Probably is Iowa, but a fun topic to research once the season is over. Now good looking women................
How did you find this board?

Your main guy this year is a beast, I will give you that. But we have had both successful college TE's and very good NFL tight ends over the past 20 years.

Dallas Clark (5,700 yards, 53 TD's, Super Bowl Winner)
Tony Moeaki
Scott Chandler
Brandon Myers
CJ Fiedorowicz
George Kittle (All Time Single Season Yardage for TE)
Noah Fant (Seattle starter, Top 20 Draft Pick, same draft as TJH)
TJ Hockenson (Vikings Starter, Top 10 Draft Pick)
Sam Laporta (Senior)
Luke Lachey (Soph)

Bowers is a great player but really is not a a TE. He is just a big slot receiver. I have watched a number of your games and I never see him assigned to block anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT