ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UNI gets 3 in-state kids

UNI has done well with headliner kids, it’s the supporting players that have been bad the past few years plus Lohaus has been hurt.

Lohaus, Green, and Pickford should be best guards in the valley. Phyfe should be solid, just not on the level of guys like Tuttle. It’s the development of guys like McCloud, McDonnell, and Brown plus having to roll with the Hunter Rhodes of the world that has sucked.

It’s true. Uni really can’t recruit much out of state. Iowa should be recruiting nationally more than they do.

It hurts uni.
You are probably right. What the hell was Fran thinking taking a kid from Muscatine?

You are probably right. What the hell was Fran thinking taking a kid from Muscatine?
I don't think he's talking about Joe. More kids like Kreiner and Pemsl. If Fran had been more successful when they were recruited, he might have recruited over them, leaving them for MidMajor type schools. Even now, they have somewhat been recruited over and will struggle for playing time compared to if they were in a MVC or G5 school.

I don't think he's talking about Joe. More kids like Kreiner and Pemsl. If Fran had been more successful when they were recruited, he might have recruited over them, leaving them for MidMajor type schools. Even now, they have somewhat been recruited over and will struggle for playing time compared to if they were in a MVC or G5 school.

You think they would have taken a midmajor UNI offer over the P5 offers they had?

How pissed would our fans have been if Pemsl had chosen Crieghton over Iowa or Kriener had chosen Minnesota over Iowa?

Iowa should be looking at this kid. He is originally from Waukee. Blew up over the summer. Being recruited by Minnesota, Ole Miss, Utah and some others. Now at Sunrise Academy.

You think they would have taken a midmajor UNI offer over the P5 offers they had?

How pissed would our fans have been if Pemsl had chosen Crieghton over Iowa or Kriener had chosen Minnesota over Iowa?
I cannot answer regarding what they might have been thinking had things been different. Both those guys might bleed Black and gold and hate UNI.
My point is that there is a level of badness (e.g., pre-Fran) that makes UNI a good choice for a 2-3 star player who wants to stay near home. And there’s a level of goodness (what people hoped Fran would do) that makes UNI the only choice for a 2-3 star player who wants to play near home - because they won’t even get an Iowa offer.
Then there’s a level of mediocrity where Fran doesn’t go all over the country and get whoever he really wants, so he settles.

Right. He is being offered by Schools with better records than Iowa last year. He is at a top 10 prep school playing with top players. But yeah you are right.

Yeah I mean he didn’t grow up in my town or anything and I haven’t seen him play a few dozen times.

I've seen Johnson play several times at Waukee, and he is not a HM basketball player. He's only 6-7 and doesn't possess guard skills.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT