ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Very cool way to give a scholship

Regardless of how fans may feel about their particular football program's direction, it is an undeniably happy moment when a walk-on receives a scholarship.

I agree with this, but these staged events are dumb and not about the student. I think it is rather shameful.

I agree with this, but these staged events are dumb and not about the student. I think it is rather shameful.

I disagree. I think programs have been doing stunts like this even before cell phone cameras, youtube, and go pro videos pushed them into the public view.

I disagree. I think programs have been doing stunts like this even before cell phone cameras, youtube, and go pro videos pushed them into the public view.

Yes, they have, and some still do. These groups are specifically doing it, imo, for the publicity. As a comparison, some people still do romantic gestures in asking a person to marry them....but the people who elaborately videotape it all and viralize it aren't doing it for the romance, they are doing it because they want the attention.

Or do you think someone just randomly happened to film that Western Michigan one? Some random player with his cell phone.

Yes, they have, and some still do. These groups are specifically doing it, imo, for the publicity. As a comparison, some people still do romantic gestures in asking a person to marry them....but the people who elaborately videotape it all and viralize it aren't doing it for the romance, they are doing it because they want the attention.

Or do you think someone just randomly happened to film that Western Michigan one? Some random player with his cell phone.
I suggest you watch it again. This time, try to unpucker a little.

Reactions: rillo 62
meh, kind of stupid if you ask me. Just give him the scholarship don't make it so cheesy.

Wow, some people will hate on anything.

Obviously not about the student, which explains his tears of joy and being so emotional he couldn't read. Obviously not about the team, which is why they all participated in the ploy and rushed in gleefully to lift him on their shoulders. Him reading the paper which mentioned his tireless work, bleeding, and sacrifice to be a Bronco for life, to the cheers of the entire team, soo stupid.

And the coach! What gall to mention the kids 4.0 grade average, he has no conception of the true value of collegiate athletics. Staging an event to honor a kid that at 5'9" walked on to participate as a running back in FCS, is an exemplary student, works hard, models the characteristics you want the team to have, and ends up a contributor on all your special teams - the horror!

Thanks for the link OP.

Are you wanting to go on record with the assertion that NCAA football programs do NOT regularly film practices? This is why you think this is a publicity stunt?

jack-sparrow-quotes.jpg

Are you wanting to go on record with the assertion that NCAA football programs do NOT regularly film practices? This is why you think this is a publicity stunt?

Right, eye roll, we'll both pretend that it wasn't released for publicity purposes.

Anything to make you feel better.

Some of you are selfish, needing and wanting to take part in everybody else's joyful moments.

Lol you're on a football message board, talking about other people's accomplishments, and you're telling people to stop taking part in other people's joy.

Hilarious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT