ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Way too early top 25

iahawkeyes17

HR Heisman
Apr 22, 2014
Less than hour after title game is done and already see articles like this. Always interesting to see who is coming and leaving for various teams especially with guys having free Covid year still. I know doesn’t mean much but kind of shows where teams might start around next year. For those wondering Iowa sneaks in at 25.

I am guessing they figure that Matt C. will be coaching at Michigan or some other Blue Blood school.
Covid year Mirage
then 7-6 with greatest team in Cyclone history
topped off with a last place finish.
That kind of coaching trajectory should land him a nice spot somewhere.
Iowa State still lost more games than Iowa in the Covid year mirage.

Iowa's home schedule is not all that exciting. Will they sell out like they did last season?

Iowa's 2023 Schedule:

Sep 2 vs Utah State

Sep 9 at Iowa State
Sep 16 Western Michigan
Sep 23 at Penn State
Sep 30 vs Michigan State
Oct 7 vs Purdue

Oct 14 at Wisconsin
Oct 21 vs Minnesota
Oct 28 Bye
Nov 4 at Northwestern
Nov 11 vs Rutgers
Nov 18 vs Illinois

Nov 24 at Nebraska
Dec 2 B1G Championship game

In the good ole days top teams would drop back a bit when they lost top players to graduation/NFL.
Now they just plug their holes with experienced star players from lesser programs and roll on with top ranked recruiting classes they have purchased with cash.
The top heavy nature of college football is being made even more pronounced with NIL and transfer free agency.
Thanks SCOTUS!

Iowa's home schedule is not all that exciting. Will they sell out like they did last season?

Iowa's 2023 Schedule:

Sep 2 vs Utah State

Sep 9 at Iowa State
Sep 16 Western Michigan
Sep 23 at Penn State
Sep 30 vs Michigan State
Oct 7 vs Purdue

Oct 14 at Wisconsin
Oct 21 vs Minnesota
Oct 28 Bye
Nov 4 at Northwestern
Nov 11 vs Rutgers
Nov 18 vs Illinois

Nov 24 at Nebraska
Dec 2 B1G Championship game
Bet they do. Mich State, Purdue, Minnesota, Illiniois are all solid home games. Cade coming in. Bet ranked preseason. May not sell out as fast as we did this year. Hope they can make that first game a 6 or 7pm kick. Can't see season ticket sales dropping much with the big reshuffle coming for 2024 if one wants to maintain their seats.

In the good ole days top teams would drop back a bit when they lost top players to graduation/NFL.
Now they just plug their holes with experienced star players from lesser programs and roll on with top ranked recruiting classes they have purchased with cash.
The top heavy nature of college football is being made even more pronounced with NIL and transfer free agency.
Thanks SCOTUS!
That freshman DT for Georgia was just havoc in the middle.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeFakeID
Less than hour after title game is done and already see articles like this. Always interesting to see who is coming and leaving for various teams especially with guys having free Covid year still. I know doesn’t mean much but kind of shows where teams might start around next year. For those wondering Iowa sneaks in at 25.

No Nebbie? I guess we have to wait another year before Big Red becomes relevant again and the rest of the Big Ten has to adjust to them.

Will be interesting to see how it goes with NIL and the portal and expanded playoff. See if that impacts things. Saban will die someday. There are plenty of other southern teams that aren't great, so it's not just a north versus south thing either.

Interesting topic would be how do you get more parity so its not just the same 6 to 8 teams every single year. Players union and draft with 4 year employment contracts for athletes. Who knows.

So friggin stupid that Saban is even there and part of the discussion!! Why does he get more screen time on topics that he has no business weighing in on with obvious conflicts of interest all over the place. So dumb.

Side note, really need to take advantage of the home schedule and win ‘em all!

Number 25 is doable, as bad as the offense was especially in scoring points, the best metric, the hawks were a fumble away etc from beating ISU, a fumble recovery or one TD away from beating Illinois, and of course rather easily taking care of Nebby without playing 5th string cornerbacks and scoring early and more often.

So the hawks could have easily been 10-2 in 2022, probably loses in the title game, and maybe in a bowl, so a repeat of 2021.

So I can see the hawks being top 15 to top 25 if the offense can just score 14-17 more points per game and move the chains.

I also saw a USA Today Too Early poll which has Iowa at #13, which could be a little high. But I dont think we play both Mich and OSU in 2023 but at PSU looks like a probable loss but not a certainty by any means

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeFakeID
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT