ADVERTISEMENT

OT: whose the toughest Hawkeye FB player of all time?

tenor.gif

IDK, but one fine New Year's Eve, my buddies and I were partying at the Fieldhouse. Rusk was there, of course, and heard some guy ask him, "Whatcha doin' Tommy?"

Answer - "Lookin' for some c*unt".
Probably on his second 12 and second pack of cigarettes.

Not saying he’s the winner, but didn’t Gallery rip someone’s face mask off their helmet in practice?

Sanders has to be the winner by far. Kirk said that when he showed up at Iowa it was like having your big brother show up at an alley fight when you were getting picked on. KF said by the middle of his freshman year they didn't have him practice anymore because he kept injuring players. I remember an all American tight end from Ohio State say he hadn't ever been hit that hard. He caught a pass over the middle and sanders hit him so hard in the thy that he had to leave the game for ten minutes.The weird thing about Bob is he wouldn't have been called for targeting because he hit very low. I remember the first game he played for the hawks was against Kansas St and I believe he broke the kick returners leg on the opening kick off.
My second pick would be Andre Tippett followed by the Tama Tornado

IDK, but one fine New Year's Eve, my buddies and I were partying at the Fieldhouse. Rusk was there, of course, and heard some guy ask him, "Whatcha doin' Tommy?"

Answer - "Lookin' for some c*unt".
My buddy recalled this story about Rusk.

Tom Rusk was with some players at a place called Woodfields. He was celebrating his birthday and was hammered. The DJ announced “It’s last call.” Rusk stood up and screamed “The **** it is!!!”. A fight ensued between some players and the bouncers and a female cop was punched in the face. My dad showed me the article in the Des Moines Register and said “things are turning around at Iowa.”

Reactions: Hawksofly101789
My buddy recalled this story about Rusk.

Tom Rusk was with some players at a place called Woodfields. He was celebrating his birthday and was hammered. The DJ announced “It’s last call.” Rusk stood up and screamed “The **** it is!!!”. A fight ensued between some players and the bouncers and a female cop was punched in the face. My dad showed me the article in the Des Moines Register and said “things are turning around at Iowa.”

Sooo...a female cop got punched in the face? I love a badass, but that's some low stuff there.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Sooo...a female cop got punched in the face? I love a badass, but that's some low stuff there.
I don’t think it was him who did it, and likely a fist flying from her breaking up a fight, not intended for her. Just a part of the story from the Register in probably 1979.

Sanders has to be the winner by far. Kirk said that when he showed up at Iowa it was like having your big brother show up at an alley fight when you were getting picked on. KF said by the middle of his freshman year they didn't have him practice anymore because he kept injuring players. I remember an all American tight end from Ohio State say he hadn't ever been hit that hard. He caught a pass over the middle and sanders hit him so hard in the thy that he had to leave the game for ten minutes.The weird thing about Bob is he wouldn't have been called for targeting because he hit very low. I remember the first game he played for the hawks was against Kansas St and I believe he broke the kick returners leg on the opening kick off.
My second pick would be Andre Tippett followed by the Tama Tornado
Trouble was that Sander's often hurt himself in the process.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Many good nominees from Tom Rusk onward. Those are guys you could depend on walking down a dark alley after the bars close.

Some of them may have actually wanted to walk down dark alleys behind bars. That is Marshal Yanda territory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT