ADVERTISEMENT

Other games.

HawkBall23

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2001
Duke/Kansas on now, following MSU's 2OT winner over Kentucky.

Ryan Young, former NW Wildcat, a starter for Duke.

So far, the most memorable thing about this game, is the incessant "Gradey Dick" name drops.

I get to watch some late morning and early afternoon hoops tomorrow, with a couple preseason tourneys starting up action.

yeah-yes-sir.gif

I really enjoyed watching Texas take apart Gonzaga. Their coach may regret scheduling up during the non-conference. They may not be able to take 30 wins into the tournament.

Former ISU star tyrese Hunter lit it up for the Horns...26 pts on 9 of 14 from the field...3 of 5 from the arc.
Marcus Carr(ex-minny) and Hunter is a dynamic guard duo to go with the rest of the uber-athletes...#4 FROSH MITCHELL was jumping out of the gym with thunder dunks.
Zags suffer worst loss in a decade

I know it was on Texas' home floor - crowd/noise was amazing all game long - but the Zags were never in that game after the 2nd media timeout in the first half.

Man the Big East stinks.

Nebraska is up 7 at halftime, AT St John's.

(fun fact: Andre Curbelo, formerly played at Illinois, now plays @ SJU)

Reactions: BustingNarratives
So who's gonna be up at 4a (CDT) tomorrow morning to watch the Rider vs Stetson game, played in Dublin, Ireland??

I can tell you who isn't. This guy.

Arizona St woodshedding Michigan, currently.

Up 20, with 1:40 left in the 1st half.

Juwan Howard is kinda turning into diet Fran.

Pretty poor defensively after losing those NBA guys his second year. Likes to switch to a 1-2-2 press and zone like Fran does. Offensively, he’s a former big man so he wants to play through the post.

The only slight difference is the NBA influence on offense where the ball screen is a bigger part of what they do.

Their new PG always has a wide eyed look about him.

Juwan Howard is kinda turning into diet Fran.

Pretty poor defensively after losing those NBA guys his second year. Likes to switch to a 1-2-2 press and zone like Fran does. Offensively, he’s a former big man so he wants to play through the post.

The only slight difference is the NBA influence on offense where the ball screen is a bigger part of what they do.

Their new PG always has a wide eyed look about him.
I have not been impressed with their transfer PG at all. They tried to get Shannon Jr in the portal and Llewellyn was their backup plan. 0-11 from 3 and not that impactful off the drive is not a recipe for success. I'd guess their freshman Dug McDaniel ends up starting soon.

Lots of good Big Ten games tonight:
Temple is beating Rutgers late in the first half on ESPNU currently
Indiana @ Xavier at 5 on FS1
Nova @ Mich St at 7 on FS1
Illinois v UCLA in Vegas at 8:30 on ESPNU

Reactions: HawkBall23
Does anyone else's video freeze up for a few seconds occasionally on FS1?

Hope its not an issue - or worse - tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
I misspoke about tomorrow, because the football game is on FOX, but point still stands.

When watching a fast-paced game like bball, numerous and continual screen freezes are the fricking worst.

#16 UVa beats #5 Baylor in the first semifinal game of the Continental Tire Main Event.

Illinois takes on UCLA in the 2nd game in about 25 to 30 minutes from now, on ESPNU.

(GO UCLA!)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT