ADVERTISEMENT

Other schools message boards ?

Abro1975

HR Heisman
Nov 21, 2009
I'm a Rutgers fan , and besides our board , I look at the Iowa board for wrestling (HR) as well as the Penn St board on Rivals (The Wrestling Room). I can't seem to find message boards for the other Big10 teams , as well as teams like Ok St, Lehigh, Cornell, ASU etc.

Do you guys have any good links ?

If you want to engage with other Ohio state fans instead of look at what's being said on OWN this is the board the rest of us are usually on rarely are there outside fans on the board though

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Board/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-Wrestling-Message-Board-Forum-101483
I read both tOSU sites. I find the .net board to be the much more informative and wrestling in general as well as tOSU discussion, whereas the 247 site is more fandom and tOSU focused.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
I read both tOSU sites. I find the .net board to be the much more informative and wrestling in general as well as tOSU discussion, whereas the 247 site is more fandom and tOSU focused.
The net site definitely has a lot more guys who are plugged into the program in one way or another

I would practically give a nut for the Huskers to have a wrestling board like this one. I frequent our football board, where wrestling gets discussed a little, especially when Burroughs and Green continue to have success post college, but with regard to recruiting, and development, or info from an insider coming out of the wrestling room,there isn't a lot coming out of Lincoln. I appreciate you guys letting me kick the dirt around here a little bit. There are some numb nuts on our football board who continue to troll most wrestling discussions, and it gets old pretty quick.

Last edited:
Themat used to be a pretty good board until a few years ago. They lost a few key older guys who passed away, and then the moderation, if there even is any anymore, has really been poor. They have allowed a bunch of children, (or chimpanzees) with banter and trolling, to ruin it for any real discussion about wrestling.

Another commonly used for tOSU wrestling is yappi.com, even though it's mostly a HS sports forum.

Themat used to be a pretty good board until a few years ago. They lost a few key older guys who passed away, and then the moderation, if there even is any anymore, has really been poor. They have allowed a bunch of children, (or chimpanzees) with banter and trolling, to ruin it for any real discussion about wrestling.

Once PSU "fans" joined in, they ruined it. The loss of Kentucky Mudflap, LIMarty, and a few others really added on to it. I hated Marty but he was always hilarious. Now it's just a PSU love fest who are now talking about how Carl shouldn't give Suriano a release.

Once PSU "fans" joined in, they ruined it. The loss of Kentucky Mudflap, LIMarty, and a few others really added on to it. I hated Marty but he was always hilarious. Now it's just a PSU love fest who are now talking about how Carl shouldn't give Suriano a release.
Sounds like Marty is just banned from every board

I would practically give a nut for the Huskers to have a wrestling board like this one. I frequent our football board, where wrestling gets discussed a little, especially when Burroughs and Green continue to have success post college, but with regard to recruiting, and development, or info from an insider coming out of the wrestling room,there isn't a lot coming out of Lincoln. I appreciate you guys letting me kick the dirt around here a little bit. There are some numb nuts on our football board who continue to troll most wrestling discussions, and it gets old pretty quick.
Hank you're not alone the trolls on RSS piss me off and for good info HR beats the heck out of bwi

Here's my impression of a typical discussion on themat forum.:rolleyes:

TBar = Martin Short?
giphy.gif

Reactions: rider976
The net site definitely has a lot more guys who are plugged into the program in one way or another
I agree but the only problem with .net is once you join it, they feel entitled to know everything about you. If you have an issue with Tom Ryan, program or provide insight, you'll get the 3rd degree treatment. Everyone is not a blind fan.

Bob Preusse is well contacted along with a couple of others that have info about the program. RodMac seems to be connected on the 247 site. I'm sure there's others but I just joined the 247 form a couple of weeks ago and still learning who's connected.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Since we are on the subject, why do you think 34 and counting is a ghost town? I would expect more fans to be following a top 3 program. Or has the internet not reached Oklahoma yet?
most of the posts there are actual discussion, and we don't feel the need to repeat everything over and over, or to spread every rumor known. Because of that, the trolls mostly stay away:confused:

Reactions: Wrassler17

Agree. For years I regularly read and sometimes posted on themat forums. LiMarty was colorful. Mudflap was great. Ditto DF. But over time it deteriorated, overrun with hyenas, mostly PSU fans. A few seemed to make op-research against Iowa their purpose.

Ugly, distorted, and personal attacks on Metcalf, DSJ, Slaton, McD, Evans, Ramos, Gilman, coach Brands, fans, and even Dan Gable. Even the university was fair game. Sadly, the forum turned into a playpen for haters and trolls, e.g. hurricane, cletus, mopar, lemonpie, et al.

Not worth reading, imo.

I agree but the only problem with .net is once you join it, they feel entitled to know everything about you. If you have an issue with Tom Ryan, program or provide insight, you'll get the 3rd degree treatment. Everyone is not a blind fan.

Bob Preusse is well contacted along with a couple of others that have info about the program. RodMac seems to be connected on the 247 site. I'm sure there's others but I just joined the 247 form a couple of weeks ago and still learning who's connected.
Steelwood radio is a former member of the team so he is definitely connected. Other than that the rest of the guy on there are fans like I am except most of them can probably hit a Buckeye home match when ever they choose to

Since we are on the subject, why do you think 34 and counting is a ghost town? I would expect more fans to be following a top 3 program. Or has the internet not reached Oklahoma yet?

OSU fan here. I do wish our forum was more active, but those who do post are very knowledgeable about wrestling and its history. This site definitely has the most information. I try to read it, along with the PSU and OSU boards at least a few times per week.

Very impressed by the changes you guys have been making with your RTC and recruiting. I'm hoping my Cowboys start doing the same soon.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
OSU fan here. I do wish our forum was more active, but those who do post are very knowledgeable about wrestling and its history. This site definitely has the most information. I try to read it, along with the PSU and OSU boards at least a few times per week.

Very impressed by the changes you guys have been making with your RTC and recruiting. I'm hoping my Cowboys start doing the same soon.

With the grass roots fund raising, better recruiting and bringing Perry in, Iowa is definitely stepping up their game too. Adapt or die.

Reactions: Wrassler17

See the quote below from BWI for what i was talking about; and that is one of 5 or 6 Suriano threads, with no actual information presented. Not to say it isn't fun entertainment, but here in Stillwater, we actually have other forms of entertainment (don't tell my wife though! :cool:)

GOLDBANGER said:
Six full pages of total speculation. Zero verified information. Sounds about right in this day and age.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT