ADVERTISEMENT

OTT Attendance

Pretty much this^.
You'd think the place would be full considering the many current/former Nits wrestling. Also, from a geographic perspective it makes sense, considering all the PA athletes competing but sadly the attendance doesn't reflect it.

Just more publicity for the current juggernaut. The announcers on USA Network hyping the PSU program made me a little sick to my stomach last night. It is, what it is...

Pretty much this^.
You'd think the place would be full considering the many current/former Nits wrestling. Also, from a geographic perspective it makes sense, considering all the PA athletes competing but sadly the attendance doesn't reflect it.

Just more publicity from the current juggernaut. The announcers on USA Network hyping the PSU program made me a little sick to my stomach last night. It is, what it is...
One thought is my scenerio. Its got great coverage on TV and free. I was planned to go but the tickets were limited snd pricy. Also, if it was just freestyle, I think they’d capture more people. I was discouraged from going because I didn’t want to sit through Gro and women’s.

Well then we’d miss out on having American legends boo’d and heckled at their own team trials. Good character builder maybe?

Reactions: Grip220
One thought is my scenerio. Its got great coverage on TV and free. I was planned to go but the tickets were limited snd pricy. Also, if it was just freestyle, I think they’d capture more people. I was discouraged from going because I didn’t want to sit through Gro and women’s.
Free coverage?

Reactions: GlenHawk
Lol how'd you manage to get a Peacock subscription for free?

Free coverage?

I think free refers only for the finals on TV (USA network, if you have that)

Peacock was the only way you could watch live streaming yesterday and this morning's session, and that required a monthly or yearly subscription.

Reactions: el dub
Discouraged from watching women's matches that are usually more entertaining than the men's? Also discouraged from supporting the large amount of women's Hawkeye wrestlers competing?

Dude. Stfu.

I think free refers only for the finals on TV (USA network, if you have that)

Peacock was the only way you could watch live streaming yesterday and this morning's session, and that required a monthly or yearly subscription.

It's free via computer on NBC.com but does require a TV subscription and login. Wifey(no pics) handles these types of technical things at our house...:rolleyes:

Crowd today was pretty good in person. Not packed out, but fullish. If any of you are in happy Valley, I’m headed down town between sessions.

Crowd today was pretty good in person. Not packed out, but fullish. If any of you are in happy Valley, I’m headed down town between sessions.

I really, really should have been there. A friend of mine is friggin team leader for the USA men's team, so I could have had VIP access. But in all honesty I was too nervous to watch Spencer in person.

I really, really should have been there. A friend of mine is friggin team leader for the USA men's team, so I could have had VIP access. But in all honesty I was too nervous to watch Spencer in person.
You should have went, I have been telling you guys Spencer is almost back to top form should be close by Paris

Lifelong resident of PA here. Wrestling is very much a niche sport in this state. To the degree that there is interest, it is mostly at the high school level. When I was a student at the school whose name is not spoken here back in the 80s, the teams were good but not great and there was very little excitement for them. Almost no PA residents have any knowledge of who the stars of the sport are and it does not surprise me at all that attendance at the OTT would be far lower than it would be in a place where wrestling really is a part of the culture such as Iowa.

Lifelong resident of PA here. Wrestling is very much a niche sport in this state. To the degree that there is interest, it is mostly at the high school level. When I was a student at the school whose name is not spoken here back in the 80s, the teams were good but not great and there was very little excitement for them. Almost no PA residents have any knowledge of who the stars of the sport are and it does not surprise me at all that attendance at the OTT would be far lower than it would be in a place where wrestling really is a part of the culture such as Iowa.
Hence the joke PSU fans think wrestling was invented 15 years ago:/

Hence the joke PSU fans think wrestling was invented 15 years ago:/
I don't know any PSU wrestling fans. From what I've seen here, I don't like the majority of them any more than you all do. I can easily believe that many/most of them are bandwagon, fair-weather fans who know very little about the sport. As for me, I followed Spencer(whom I've watched since he was in the 9th grade) to this place and have just been hanging around ever since.

I have peacock and I don’t pay for it either. Maybe it comes with my YouTubetv deal.
They are two separate services. To the best of my knowledge YouTubeTV does not have a Peacock channel, nor can you purchase it as an add on to YouTubeTV.

Cracks in the castle? That's wishful thinking, but delusional.
Agree. The only cracks are one PSU guy getting beat by another, e.g. Brooks over Taylor.

Given the PSU recruits who looked good at OTTs (Lilledahl, Mirasola), as well as other young PSU collegiate stars doing well (Bartlett, Facundo, Mesinbrink), plus unbelievable recruit classes coming in the next 2 years - 7 are top 20 p4p (8 if Blaze commits to PSU), PSU will be loaded for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: anon_0pi0cv8t1ggvb
Agree. The only cracks are one PSU guy getting beat by another, e.g. Brooks over Taylor.

Given the PSU recruits who looked good at OTTs (Lilledahl, Mirasola), as well as other young PSU collegiate stars doing well (Bartlett, Facundo, Mesinbrink), plus unbelievable recruit classes coming in the next 2 years - 7 are top 20 p4p (8 if Blaze commits to PSU), PSU will be loaded for the foreseeable future.
How can you afford to have 60 guys in your wrestling room and another 50 in your wrestling club?

Reactions: evashevsky58
Lol how'd you manage to get a Peacock subscription for free?
The Friday and Saturday morning sessions were streamed free on NBC Sports. Each individual mat and the quad view on Friday. Saturday, for some reason there was no quad view.

Shane Sparks did the PBP on the quad view Friday, and he did a hell of a job. He was much better than the broadcast team.

Reactions: vhsalum and hlstone
They are two separate services. To the best of my knowledge YouTubeTV does not have a Peacock channel, nor can you purchase it as an add on to YouTubeTV.
Okay I'll take your word for it but I didn't pay for Peacock. I mentioned Youtubetv because the only thing that was required to log into the channel was to confirm my provider with an activation code. I try not to look the gift horse in the mouth.

Edit to add that I don't know how your name got replaced LIV4God

How can you afford to have 60 guys in your wrestling room and another 50 in your wrestling club?
I believe PSU or Cael sets a limit on the number of guys on the roster. I think it's 37 or 38 but someone more knowledgeable will chime in otherwise.

The NLWC active roster is something like 15 or 16 guys.

I had a choice between great tickets for the big tens for $50 each and stayed at my sisters house. And that was a two day ticket price.

Compare that to a price tag of I think $275 and two nights at a hotel? And we have a family member who isn’t doing well.

And add in next year the NCAAs are in Philly, so for me personally, I rolled out the Olympic trials.

Wrestling is a niche sport everywhere . Football , basketball , hockey , baseball , nascar will all garner a lot more viewers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT