ADVERTISEMENT

Ott

Alum-Ni

HB Legend
Aug 29, 2004
Just read online that you've lost Ott for the year to injury. That's a damn shame.....he's a great player and fun to watch. Have followed him since high school. Tough break for him

Just read online that you've lost Ott for the year to injury. That's a damn shame.....he's a great player and fun to watch. Have followed him since high school. Tough break for him

Try posting that on the nebby board.

Those thin skinned mods have disabled posting again, and I haven't posted there for several days.

Our mods should do the same thing here for neb posters.

Haven't been on the home board much this afternoon....but there has been a TON of trolling by Hawkeye fans so I'm not surprised the mods did something.

Anyway...point remains. Sorry to hear about Ott. Always hate to see any player have their year cut short by injury

Those thin skinned mods have disabled posting again, and I haven't posted there for several days.

Totally agree. Ridiculous what gets people banned over there. Let's face it, their program is dog crap and that's the undeniable truth. If you speak the truth over there, you're banned. We need to start doing the same to Neb fans here.

Yeah. It sucks. A lot.

Parker Hesse is undersized and will be a significant drop-off from Ott. We might not see it against rushing teams (thank God that is all we are going to play in B10), but it will show against passing teams. He might develop into a great player, but he's not there yet.

Personally...while I have been eager to question the Riley hire, I also realize that a) it was going to be a sea change there much like Callahan was - so they would be nowhere near "Program equilibrium" for a while this year, but also b) he might very well be able to turn the ship around at some point yet this year.

Nothing earth shattering mind you...but they plainly cannot lose every game the rest of this year in this fashion. That's umpossible.

I wouldn't kick dirt on them quite yet. But it does certainly have a dumpster fire quality to it right now.

Look at it this way...they aren't USC dumpster fire defcon levels at this point...

Haven't been on the home board much this afternoon....but there has been a TON of trolling by Hawkeye fans so I'm not surprised the mods did something.

Anyway...point remains. Sorry to hear about Ott. Always hate to see any player have their year cut short by injury

Thanks, that is nice of you. I really feel bad for Ott. All teams have their ups and down seasons and I am sure Nebraska will be up again sooner rather than later.

Nice post, Ni. Yes, it's a bummer that Drew's career is over, just when he was poised to have a great season as a springboard to an NFL career. Hopefully he rehabs and makes it in the League despite the injury.

Just saw a tweet: Extent of Ott's injury is unknown. MRI Monday. This is supposedly per Ferentz

Reactions: CAS1949
Imagine if the MRI shows it's not an ACL after all and that he's back in a few weeks. . . .

Seems unlikely, but man, would that be some awesome news for Drew and for the Hawks.

He had an MRI today, but apparently the extent of the injury isn't certain yet, prob due to swelling. They're gonna repeat in a couple of days. The word is that med-redshirt is not possible.

Thanks
Best post you've ever made over here.
One a separate note I hate to see Tommy A go thru the crap he has at Nebby.

Thanks and for what it's worth: Sorry about the dickwad Kacenzski

Reactions: Alum-Ni
He had an MRI today, but apparently the extent of the injury isn't certain yet, prob due to swelling. They're gonna repeat in a couple of days. The word is that med-redshirt is not possible.

Yeah he has played too much for a medical redshirt. Man, it would be beyond great if it turns out to be a sprain instead of a tear.

There's apparently some hope among the coaching staff that he could be back by B1G championships, with a bunch of caveats (assuming it's an ACL tear, assuming it's partial tear). I'd love him back, that's for sure.

Alum ni is a pretty level headed poster. I believe he is being sincere. He is certainly no flamer.

Wouldn't have been possible if he hadn't played in the Illinois game at all. He's way past any possibility of it. If he's done this year, sadly he is done at Iowa. Even 4 games is over the 30% threshold.

Personally...while I have been eager to question the Riley hire, I also realize that a) it was going to be a sea change there much like Callahan was - so they would be nowhere near "Program equilibrium" for a while this year, but also b) he might very well be able to turn the ship around at some point yet this year.

Nothing earth shattering mind you...but they plainly cannot lose every game the rest of this year in this fashion. That's umpossible.

I wouldn't kick dirt on them quite yet. But it does certainly have a dumpster fire quality to it right now.

Look at it this way...they aren't USC dumpster fire defcon levels at this point...
I smile every time I hear the word "NEBRASKA". Funniest thing I've seen in years.

One of the writers said they saw Ott leaving football facility on crutches and knee in a wrap. No brace.
not sure the significance of wrap vs. brace

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT