ADVERTISEMENT

OUCH!!! Honest and accurate look at Citrus Bowl matchup...

Hawkman34

HR All-American
Mar 17, 2002
.....from the Kentucky "Locked On" podcast.

I always try and listen to some podcast from our next opponents side of things. Now, this dude was complimentary of our defense....but WOW!!!! Our offense is....well....we all know. But, it still is hard to hear it from people outside the fanbase. He says game won't be close (yes, I know he could very well be right). I know the Cats are decent...could they be THAT much better?

Man, I hope we find some magic to get some fun during this game.

I always try and listen to some podcast from our next opponents side of things. Now, this dude was complimentary of our defense....but WOW!!!! Our offense is....well....we all know. But, it still is hard to hear it from people outside the fanbase. He says game won't be close (yes, I know he could very well be right). I know the Cats are decent...could they be THAT much better?

Sounds like Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart

We could be in for another entertaining post-game SEC broadcaster meltdown.

"I cannot believe Mississippi State lost to that football team. The slowest, whitest Big Ten team there is... I can't believe that MIssissippi State lost to that piece of crap football team...I can't believe that Mississippi state lost to that team --- THAT team? Its unbelievable...."

"I cannot believe Mississippi State lost to that football team. The slowest, whitest Big Ten team there is... I can't believe that MIssissippi State lost to that piece of crap football team...I can't believe that Mississippi state lost to that team --- THAT team? Its unbelievable...."

There are few sounds so sweet as those cowbell-ringing, toenail-chewing, cousin-fvcking hillbillies crying over their loss to a far superior team!

I remember the lead up the 2010 Orange Bowl...Georgia Tech fans were on this board talking about how GT was going to run up 49 points so fast it was going to make our heads spin. Their high powered offense with speed to burn would make the slow white guys look silly.

What GT fan failed to realize is that there were 9 guys on that defense that got a look in the league and several that made great careers for themselves. I just remember Adrian Clayborn manhandling guys on the edge. Norm was the master...and a one dimensional offense was never going anywhere against a Norm coached defense with that kind of talent. Ah...the memories...Fun night.

Thanks, OP. I can’t argue with a lot of what he said…the truth hurts at times. I like how he was complimentary on several aspects, but definitely dogged the offense. 😂

Reactions: Hawkman34

Been hearing that about teams facing Iowa for a long time. Yawn.

I remember the lead up the 2010 Orange Bowl...Georgia Tech fans were on this board talking about how GT was going to run up 49 points so fast it was going to make our heads spin. Their high powered offense with speed to burn would make the slow white guys look silly.

What GT fan failed to realize is that there were 9 guys on that defense that got a look in the league and several that made great careers for themselves. I just remember Adrian Clayborn manhandling guys on the edge. Norm was the master...and a one dimensional offense was never going anywhere against a Norm coached defense with that kind of talent. Ah...the memories...Fun night.
Iowa drew the perfect opponent. Had a month to prepare for an offense that doesn't throw.

That 2009 defense was loaded. That was a great matchup for the Hawks.

One heck of a cold night that night, but Hawkeye hearts were warmed with that W. The late Demaryius Thomas was a dynamite WR on that GA Tech team.

One heck of a cold night that night, but Hawkeye hearts were warmed with that W. The late Demaryius Thomas was a dynamite WR on that GA Tech team.
...but he never caught a pass against the Hawks. They were 2-9 passing. Iowa dominated the game year the score was closer than the game. Stanzi's pick 6 kept them in it in the first half plus the failed fake FG...

Reactions: amahawk and haightt
Iowa's offense is objectively bad. It's an easy target and fair to acknowledge. But it's also pretty lazy to focus only on that. Maybe spend a little more time on how a team can manage to win 10 games despite not having even a mediocre offense. Because if they won 10 anyway they might be able to scratch out number 11.

If Iowa protects their QB at all (big if), we should win easily. UK pass D is not good.

They do have a very good power run game. Rodriguez is similar to Haskins, and Levis is a good athlete.

I think we win convincingly, especially if the turnover numbers hold true. I don't think they can score on us.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
...but he never caught a pass against the Hawks. They were 2-9 passing. Iowa dominated the game year the score was closer than the game. Stanzi's pick 6 kept them in it in the first half plus the failed fake FG...
I was there, froze my ass off. Lol
Wegher, fast , to seal the game, once he broke free the GT D backs were left in the dust.

Last edited:

LOL, they will be just another fan base (in a long list of them, especially from the SEC) that will be dumbfounded by how they lost to Iowa.

I think UK will have the Turnover bug and Iowa will cash in. Iowa will slow down their running game and wait for them to crack like most average teams will eventually do ... This Lance Dawe dude has no clue, so let him babble on. He loves his stat sheet.

We beat them quite. No doubt. But Always love a Stoops... love to have a Stoops here asap 1 or all.. Real Hawks! Go Very tough hawk players.

Some how that loser whose name is Brandon walker parlayed his gig into a good job with barstool sports and does a lot with college football on their site.

Lol. Iowa isn’t getting blown out by phvcking Kentucky. Just another homer who thinks his mediocre team is god’s gift to earth because they play in the SEC.

Kentucky has played 3 FBS teams with a winning record this year and lost to each of them.

Iowa is 4-3 in the same type of matchup.

I'm not saying we'll blow the doors off of them, but I think Iowa should win.
This right here. Looking at their schedule and who they beat and lost to. Best wins were against a couple of 6-6 teams. We may lose but this team has no where near the talent that LSU team had when we played them 15 years ago. Also the qb will Levis former psu qb who got benched 2nd half vs us last year and never got the job back from Clifford.

Reactions: haightt

Where's the woke crowd on that statement?

KY is turnover prone, if we can continue that trend we will beat them (our defense will put us in FG range). If we are unable to get TO's and our offense continues it's normal routine, we will lose.

Go Hawks!

ADVERTISEMENT