ADVERTISEMENT

Our nationwide Police force is nearly beyond reform

This is why civilian infrastructure needs to oversee police.

Dude should have gotten a choice of 30 days in jail, or 6 months suspension, w/o pay AND a demotion.
Along with civil penalty to pay the motorist.

Hold them accountable, and you'll see reform.

If (as I'd suggested before) EVERY OFFICER'S pension is tied to payout for this kind of crap, and he had to pay $10k or $50k to settle for his behavior (costing every officer some $$), they would basically kick him off the force. No one would want to work with someone costing them all retirement money.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
This is why civilian infrastructure needs to oversee police.

Dude should have gotten a choice of 30 days in jail, or 6 months suspension, w/o pay AND a demotion.
Along with civil penalty to pay the motorist.

Hold them accountable, and you'll see reform.

If (as I'd suggested before) EVERY OFFICER'S pension is tied to payout for this kind of crap, and he had to pay $10k or $50k to settle for his behavior (costing every officer some $$), they would basically kick him off the force. No one would want to work with someone costing them all retirement money.
Wtf.
Where is this ever done?
Penalize a group of workers for a bad decision of one?

Those damned LEOs who step into harm's way each and every day/night....they must be nicer to their clients. This mofo should have never made it to the station breathing:

Wtf.
Where is this ever done?
Everywhere.

Major companies dish out bonuses based on a top-level goal being met. So, even though some folks within the company do gangbusters work in meeting their portion of the goal, just ONE critical path element being missed means no one gets the key bonus (this was the case at 2 past F500 companies I worked for; metric not met means no one got a bonus).

So, even "slackers" got bonuses, just because a goal got met.

Similar concept here. Root out the bad apples, because the group as a whole can clearly identify who they are; if their bonus/retirement depends on it, they will rat out/root out those employees, and only want to work with folks who will NOT risk their own retirement money on it.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
Everywhere.

Major companies dish out bonuses based on a top-level goal being met. So, even though some folks within the company do gangbusters work in meeting their portion of the goal, just ONE critical path element being missed means no one gets the key bonus (this was the case at 2 past F500 companies I worked for; metric not met means no one got a bonus).

So, even "slackers" got bonuses, just because a goal got met.

Similar concept here. Root out the bad apples, because the group as a whole can clearly identify who they are; if their bonus/retirement depends on it, they will rat out/root out those employees, and only want to work with folks who will NOT risk their own retirement money on it.
Pensions?
Get a clue

You can't speak logic with mental illness.
Dude that runs this board can’t figure out why no one signs up to pay. I’m sure I’m not the only one who won’t buy a premium subscription as long as this liberal puzzle factory is open.

Pensions?
Yes

And pay/bonuses.

Take penalties for police misconduct out of their paychecks, and they will actively clean up the loose cannons in their ranks. And 'up' their pay by 25-50% they will get to keep if their officers don't engage in misconduct.

Yes

And pay/bonuses.

Take penalties for police misconduct out of their paychecks, and they will actively clean up the loose cannons in their ranks. And 'up' their pay by 25-50% they will get to keep if their officers don't engage in misconduct.
Again- where is this done in the public sector elsewhere?

Again- where is this done in the public sector elsewhere?
I'm explaining to you that it NEEDS to be done.

Because every police force will eject the racists and hotheads like a volcano, to maximize their paychecks and retirements. Provide them the carrot-and-stick approach, and you will get real police reform.

Carrot: 25-50% pay raises and more retirement $$
Stick: Every time someone on your force violates the rights of a citizen, you ALL lose some of your money.

I'm explaining to you that it NEEDS to be done.

Because every police force will eject the racists and hotheads like a volcano, to maximize their paychecks and retirements. Provide them the carrot-and-stick approach, and you will get real police reform.

Carrot: 25-50% pay raises and more retirement $$
Stick: Every time someone on your force violates the rights of a citizen, you ALL lose some of your money.
Got it.
You ok with teachers getting their pensions cut?

They engaging in the kinds of misconduct typical police forces are?
Typical police forces.
But yes many teachers are terrible and do criminal activity.
Time to cut into the teachers pensions in that school? District? State?

Typical police forces.
But yes many teachers are terrible and do criminal activity.
Not remotely close to police departments, where they maintain a 'code of silence' in telling on other officers' misconduct.

Flip that equation, by taking money from ALL of them when one or two engage in criminal misconduct.
There is no analogue here in "teachers" organizations.

I remember something similar in Baltimore

Homeless Florida man paralyzed and legs amputated after arrest and police transport ride

Michigan gypsy cop and a lot of bad police chiefs

How a troubled Michigan cop moved from department to department, leaving scandal in his wake

Last edited:
BAU for Tampa PD

‘Little B*tch Boy’: Florida Cop Taunts and Curses at Bystanders, Brags About ‘Flying Knee’ Kick

Slap on the wrist, of course

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT