ADVERTISEMENT

Our Punting Savior Has Made it to IC

28 hours?!?! Did he turn around half way to check if he shut the garage door and then came on up? Christ on a moped, that's slow

Tempe to Iowa City is a 23 hour drive straight through according to Google maps. I'm sure he stopped at least once or twice along the way...:rolleyes:

28 hours?!?! Did he turn around half way to check if he shut the garage door and then came on up? Christ on a moped, that's slow

In addition to your poor choice of language, that's actually how long it takes. I drive from the Phoenix area to NE Iowa twice a year, and no matter what route you take, 28 hours is about as fast as it gets. If you push it, maybe 24 hours at best, but speed limits do exist, and the interstates are often not the best choices, so driving through a myriad of tiny towns in west Texas and Kansas, often on old-fashioned, two-lane US highways, isn't exactly the way to set a land speed record. FWIW.

Reactions: OpenHawkSurgery
I did 1,900 from San Fran in 27 hours
p2981_p_v8_aa.jpg

In addition to your poor choice of language, that's actually how long it takes. I drive from the Phoenix area to NE Iowa twice a year, and no matter what route you take, 28 hours is about as fast as it gets. If you push it, maybe 24 hours at best, but speed limits do exist, and the interstates are often not the best choices, so driving through a myriad of tiny towns in west Texas and Kansas, often on old-fashioned, two-lane US highways, isn't exactly the way to set a land speed record. FWIW.

What poor choice of words?

And yes, that is a legitimate time for driving. Got stuck in CT after a business trip and would have had to stay an extra 3 days to get another flight. Drove straight through with a 2 hour nap in a rest stop, and it was 24 hours. Tempe likely about the same.

Reactions: Niko13
What poor choice of words?

And yes, that is a legitimate time for driving. Got stuck in CT after a business trip and would have had to stay an extra 3 days to get another flight. Drove straight through with a 2 hour nap in a rest stop, and it was 24 hours. Tempe likely about the same.

Connecticut to Iowa City? Just under 1,100 miles mostly all straight through on I80 and about 16 hours according to Google. CT to Western IA is only about 1,300 miles still.

Tempe to Iowa City? 1,500 miles mostly on two highways (I40 for 550 miles, I35 for 900 miles give or take) and about 23 hours according to Google.

5 of my friends and I drove in a rented minivan from Norwalk, Iowa to Tuscon, Arizona in 22 hours. We drove down there to 105 degree heat to watch Stanzi and Clayborn get beat in a night game. It was a long drive home

Reactions: Harbinger273
It was a joke. Yeah know, things people used to laugh at? I've made it in just over 23 hours and that's coming from the western side of the Quad Cities.

Straight thru from Quad Cities is around 1680 miles, so with no stops for gas, etc the average is 73mph. Used to be speed limits of 75 and everyone drove 80, but many places the limit is down to 65 or so. So naughty, naughty!:D

He probably had no one to split the driving with and had enough sense to get sufficient rest to not endanger himself or other drivers.

I’m not saying I haven’t done stupid road trips like Rockford to New York to drop off my son’s stuff at school (stopping to unload) and then heading straight back. IT WAS DUMB! I’ve buried enough friends from auto accidents to know better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT