ADVERTISEMENT

Our recruits in the new MatScouts Rankings (Feb 23)

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

Got hurt and took a couple losses. Kinda a thing that doesn’t matter. He’s a guy that is the real deal and college material. The losses are reflected in a ranking, but as a prospect he’s still at the top. .

I expect he will rise up the rankings again over the summer and into next season.

I think Kueter is underrated.

We have no reason not to be high on him but he's about where he should be based on national offseason results. In season local results don't move the needle much, if at all. We will see what he can do this offseason to improve that ranking.

Starocci was a weird one. Most of the time, people with his credentials (2 big school state titles, Fargo title) from PA are overrated, not underrated. The entire country slept on him imo. not only did he have the credentials, but he had the work ethic, style, and passed the eyeball test. to this day idk why he wasn't more highly regarded.

Starocci was a weird one. Most of the time, people with his credentials (2 big school state titles, Fargo title) from PA are overrated, not underrated. The entire country slept on him imo. not only did he have the credentials, but he had the work ethic, style, and passed the eyeball test. to this day idk why he wasn't more highly regarded.
How do we feel about your 2020 rankings nearly 2 years in?

I feel pretty good about it.

i don't think i missed anyone of consequence. Ragusin (#73) and Terukina (#102) are probably the ones i wish I had had a little higher.

In retrospect, looks like i believed too much in Saunders.

1AJ Ferrari
2Dustin Plott
3Braxton Amos
4Patrick Kennedy
5Keegan O'Toole
6Hunter Catka
7Beau Bartlett
8Josh Saunders
9Rocky Elam
10Gerrit Nijenhuis
11Lachlan McNeil
12Dominick Serrano
13Andrew Cerniglia
14Chase Saldate
15Silas Allred
16John Poznanski
17Ryan Jack
18Ed Scott
19Robert Howard
20Jesse Vasquez

i like to think it's more than an educated guess. i get out, watch them in person. see their style, work ethic, body language. talk to their coaches. etc.

i work my ass off to get it right. that being said, i'm fallible. i get some wrong.
How would you of rated Aaron Brooks coming into college?

Was that before or after his stash year in Colorado? 😏

Not many 3x Fargo Champs are sleepers, that's for certain.

Also throw in his Cadet World title and Junior World silver.

IIRC, he was a huge name but then people seemed to cool on him because of a few folk style losses. Than he started knocking off his freestyle accolades and that was that.

this was my 2018 Big Board
RankName
1Gable Steveson
2Aaron Brooks
3Mason Parris
4Sammy Sasso
5David Carr
6Travis Wittlake
7Joey Silva
8Jacori Teemer
9Brock Hardy
10Gavin Hoffman
11Michael Beard
12Roman Bravo-Young
13Brayton Lee
14Anthony Cassioppi
15Quinn Kinner
16Gavin Teasdale
17Patrick Glory
18Trent Hidlay
19Shane Griffith
20Joe Lee

Pretty impressive smalls103, although you still need to answer for Barzini and Tataglia . . . I mean, Teasdale and Joe Lee.

Reactions: smalls103
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT