ADVERTISEMENT

Our recruits in the new MatScouts Rankings (March 2)

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

Reactions: Gobblin
I'd be shocked to find two 220lbers better than Kueter. Kid moves like a lightweight with strength of a heavyweight.

Ben Kueter

Class of 2023

City High HS, Iowa

#23 P4P

#3 at 220 lbs.

I'd be shocked to find two 220lbers better than Kueter. Kid moves like a lightweight with strength of a heavyweight.

Ben Kueter

Class of 2023

City High HS, Iowa

#23 P4P

#3 at 220 lbs.

Carroll is a monster and is rightfully #1 at the weight. Kueter has a win against him, but the last meeting was all Carroll.

I don't know anything about #2 Casale, other than he's heading to Rutgers.

Ben Kueter

Class of 2023

City High HS, Iowa

#23 P4P

#3 at 220 lbs.

In-state results aren't a great measuring stick for these things. Both Casale and Carroll beat Kueter last time they wrestled, both in 2021. So I guess be at least a little shocked--the Casale match was close and Kueter has beaten Carroll before.

Reactions: OmaHawk1213
Brief note regarding former University of Iowa standout Alex Tsirtsis. Alex is the current Mount Carmel (Illinois) wrestling coach. The Caravan of Mount Carmel recently won the Illinois High School wrestling team championship. Mount Carmel had also had four state champions crowned during the individual wrestling championships. Several of Alex’s state champions were underclassmen, and in my opinion did impress. Would not be surprise if several of these kids will have an interest in the University of Iowa.

This seems worth noting as Mount Carmel High School has a long tradition with the University of Iowa wrestling program. Recall the Williams brothers (Joe and TJ), both wrestlers were Caravan graduates. Long time dues paying members will remember wrestling Hall-of-Famer Bill Weick, former Mount Carmel coach who was Dan Gable’s corner during the 1972 Olympics. Go C-2!
orig_photo657332_10507808.jpg

Do either of the William brothers have boys and do they wrestle?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT