ADVERTISEMENT

Outbreak of anti-police violence in Kenosha, Wisc.

This cop showed restraint, gave clear verbal commands, and followed training. She only shot him when she absolutely had to and only until the threat was eliminated. Despite popular belief, cops can retreat position for safety and to avoid killing someone. The perpetrator was also a white dude in khaki shorts outside a Bed Bath and Beyond which is way less scary to police than a black guy with his back turned.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
The shooting with the female police officer backing around her car happened about a month or so ago here in Phoenix. I think she let that go on a bit longer than she should have but it all worked out. I can imagine the current state of affairs caused her to hesitate.

In most jurisdictions an unlawful citizen’s arrest is considered false imprisonment.

Just adding...

In California a citizen may make an arrest for (1) a misdemeanor committed in their presence, (2) a felony not committed in their presence (3) when in fact a felony has been committed.

Reactions: Fluffles
With headphones on, it certainly sounds like the cops are telling him to drop the knife. The still frame photos look like he has one of those ka-bar knives that cops use.
71YS1hCJO4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Some reports, (taken off of Twitter) say Blake took the knife off one of the cop’s belts in the struggle on the ground prior to Blake walking around the vehicle.
I saw a photo online of him holding a knife....no clue if it was photoshopped though.

This cop showed restraint, gave clear verbal commands, and followed training. She only shot him when she absolutely had to and only until the threat was eliminated. Despite popular belief, cops can retreat position for safety and to avoid killing someone. The perpetrator was also a white dude in khaki shorts outside a Bed Bath and Beyond which is way less scary to police than a black guy with his back turned.
I take it the black cops are scared of those non cop blacks too?

Best haircut and shave I've ever had was in Kenosha. Old school Barber. I'm sure he's long gone by now.

Anger builds on itself and these incidents like these are gasoline poured on the fire. You would think police forces would take precautions to avoid these situations. Race relations are in bad shape, with a president using it as a playing card in his reelection campaign, the nation lapping it up with the wing nuts finding a cause, whites only, and Sunday afternoon lynchings only a generation removed.

There’s plenty of rumors going around online regarding that photo potentially being altered. Don’t know if those rumors are true or not though.

Take the original video frame by frame through the :07 second mark. I’m thinking the rumors are false. If anything, the colors may have been adjusted slightly to make the object more apparent, but what I see matches the photo.

There’s plenty of rumors going around online regarding that photo potentially being altered. Don’t know if those rumors are true or not though.

I can't make much of it to begin with aside from it seeming to be some object...

Best haircut and shave I've ever had was in Kenosha. Old school Barber. I'm sure he's long gone by now.

You should take some chances with this alt. Clearly not a winner. Give it breast implants or something. What've you to lose?

There are a lot of (mostly) dudes out on the streets -- both sides -- that enjoy playing war. Let things go far enough and they'll really be playing war. (see the kid mentioned above)

Yes, the guy who was jogging. I'm not saying he was wrong in resisting arrest by two racist rednecks who were attempting an unlawful arrest. However it does not change the fact that they thought they were within the bounds of the law and were attempting to arrest him.

If Ahmaud stops and waits for the real police we never know who he is other than a story about a man who was wrongfully accused of crimes he didn't commit and after a few years wins a wrongful treatment civil suit against racists.

It also doesn't change the fact that he was on probation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrest

Arrest

An arrest is the act of apprehending and taking a person into custody (legal protection or control), usually because the person has been suspected of or observed committing a crime. After being taken into custody, the person can be questioned further and/or charged. An arrest is a procedure in a criminal justice system.
Putting Arbery on this list is asinine. And your account of that incident indicates a tremendous bias. The rednecks had no standing to "arrest" Arbery nor to demand that he stop and talk to them while they are brandishing guns. Arbery was not on probation at the time, he was put on 5 years probation in high school and was 25 at the time of his murder. But that has no relevance anyway - these men simply ambushed him. Suggesting he did something wrong to contribute to his own death is absurd.

Shot 3 minutes after police arrived. Seems like things escalated upon their arrival.

Good video breakdown of what the kid did. May have been responsible for the parking lot shot. Which would seem to be the offense that could get him in trouble. Could easily argue self defense on the street incidents immediately following.

Slow motion below. The kid obviously knew how to use a gun and showed some restraint. I have no idea what people were doing trying to engage him

Slow motion below. The kid obviously knew how to use a gun and showed some restraint. I have no idea what people were doing trying to engage him

Reports are he shot people at the car dealership and then was running down the street when the video started. He stumbled and those near him tried to get the gun away when he opened fire again. He then got up and ran down the street to the police who ignored him.

There's also reports that the police told him and other vigilantes "thanks for being here" (or something along those lines) and tossed bottles of water to them.

I imagine the emergence of warring in the streets, a burgeoning civil-war in the US, would look something like an escalation of these sorts of scenarios. More conflicts with more armed persons. Pretty soon lines are drawns, factions are formed, throw rationality out the window.

Reports are he shot people at the car dealership and then was running down the street when the video started. He stumbled and those near him tried to get the gun away when he opened fire again. He then got up and ran down the street to the police who ignored him.

There's also reports that the police told him and other vigilantes "thanks for being here" (or something along those lines) and tossed bottles of water to them.

Video above has the entire street scenario. He fell down and had people coming at him so they won't get him there. But I'm not sure about the parking lot incident.

Obviously showing up armed with agitated people about is a recipe for disaster.

States and cities need to get out ahead further on stuff like this.

Video above has the entire street scenario. He fell down and had people coming at him so they won't get him there. But I'm not sure about the parking lot incident.

Kid is from Illnois brings his gun to Wisconsin. I'm sure his online history will be combed for intent.

He was being chased into the parking lot and had a fire bomb or something thrown at him. He then shot a guy and how that unfolded I am not sure is clear and then was chased again running down the street when he fell and was confronted by others, one of which also had a gun. (The guy with part of his arm that got blown away?

ADVERTISEMENT