ADVERTISEMENT

Outside of my Christmas Vacation movie, what are your "must-see" holiday movies?

Rustys Dad

HB Heisman
Jun 19, 2015
Des Moines
  • Four Christmases with Vince Vaughn (Vince's interactions with his two brothers is good stuff)
  • Bad Santa has grown on me
  • Elf
  • Christmas Story
  • Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (maybe not specifically a holiday movie - good stuff)

80888f00-e98a-4955-a32d-75dd32828c43.jpg

Reactions: Rustys Dad
A Christmas Carol - the 1951 version with Alastair Sim
It's a Wonderful Life
A Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation

A Christmas Carol (Alastair Sim version)

Miracle on 34 Street (the original)

House Without a Christmas Tree

Christmas Story (not "A Christmas Story"...I'm referring to a Finnish movie that tells the story of Santa Claus)

I also watch Polar Express, Scrooge (1935), and the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol.

There are only 3 "must" Christmas movies.

1. "Miracle on 34th Street" (the original B&W version, NOT the colorized one and ABSOLUTELY NOT the remakes).

2. "A Christmas Story."

3. "Die Hard."

There are any number of other movies that are OK to watch at that time of year. Chief among them, of course, is "It's a Wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Carol" with Alistair Sim. Less classic are "The Lemon Drop Kid," "Holiday Inn," and some others.

White Christmas
Christmas in Connecticut (original)
Christmas Carol - 1938 MGM version with 3 of the Lockhart family playing the Cratchits.
It Happened on 5th Avenue
Remember the Night - needs to be seen more - an absolutely wonderful film written by Preston Sturgess.
Miracle on 34th Street
Holiday Inn

6480288641_0b801d0d7d_o.jpg

Remember the Night

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT