ADVERTISEMENT

Over 30% of Chicago Public Schools teachers now send their own kids to a private school.

Dec 31, 2014
“Chicago Teachers Union President Stacy Davis Gates enrolled her son into a Catholic school while killing a state school choice program for poor kids.”

Didn’t see that coming with the public/private school debate that has been raging here in Iowa.

Everyone can get free public education. Why should teachers not be able to send their kids to private school if they wish?

Why would 30% of public school teachers think it's better to pay out of pocket for private school than free public school?

Can you think of a reason they'd think that was a good idea?

Are they racists? Is it maybe something else?

Why would 30% of public school teachers think it's better to pay out of pocket for private school than free public school?

Or maybe it's because private schools don't have the lower IQ magats that tend to disrupt classes and take up more than their share of classroom resources.

In my district…to escape middle school behavior issues, but mostly athletics at the local Catholic school and wealthier districts next to us. Almost exclusively those 2 reasons. Behavior and athletics. Not the educational offerings.

In my district…to escape middle school behavior issues, but mostly athletics at the local Catholic school and wealthier districts next to us. Almost exclusively those 2 reasons. Behavior and athletics. Not the educational offerings.

Might it have anything to do with the Federal Government suing local schools and districts on flimsy grounds paralyzing teachers and administrators from ensuring order in the classrooms?

Can’t wait to see your reply.

Behavior has no effect on the educational offerings?
Nope. Because the kids that want to learn aren’t around the knuckleheads after freshman year. Those kids start taking AP or college classes that students who have never cared about learning aren’t in.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
Might it have anything to do with the Federal Government suing local schools and districts on flimsy grounds paralyzing teachers and administrators from ensuring order in the classrooms?

Can’t wait to see your reply.
I’m honestly not aware of what you’re talking about. Lawsuits by parents are what keep our district from enforcing school board policies.

Reactions: HawkNester
Behavior problems affect the education of the whole. Public schools have shown that they are unwilling to deal with behavior issues effectively leaving teachers and other students at risk.

Behavior problems affect the education of the whole. Public schools have shown that they are unwilling to deal with behavior issues effectively leaving teachers and other students at risk.
I love it when people who don’t work in a profession try to correct others that do. We need better laws written. I was hoping the party of discipline would actually do it, since they have all the power, but nope. Districts need to be protected from lawsuits by crazy people who shouldn’t have kids.

Reactions: HawkNester
I love it when people who don’t work in a profession try to correct others that do. We need better laws written. I was hoping the party of discipline would actually do it, since they have all the power, but nope. Districts need to be protected from lawsuits by crazy people who shouldn’t have kids.
Wait, you don't know what I do for a living. I know a lot more about this topic than you might think.

1000%

You can only get sued by the Biden DOJ so many times before you comply with their inane and backward rules.

lol…I know my sarcasm meter is sometimes off, but I think perhaps what you’re getting at is that the quality of public education is generally not up to par with those of private schools?

lol…I know my sarcasm meter is sometimes off, but I think perhaps what you’re getting at is that the quality of public education is generally not up to par with those of private schools?
If someone worked at a restaurant and told you they would rather pay somewhere else than eat there for free, would you eat there?

Those unopposed to letting poor people have vouchers to decide where and what food to buy for some reason don’t think those same people would be able to use vouchers to buy childcare and education.

Our higher education is driven by consumer competition, and people come from all over the world for it.

Your stupidity meter is off the charts, but then you are maga scum.

• Sad
Reactions: Pinehawk
I think the point is that folks that have the money to send their kids to private school do....

We see that with our politicians all the time.

The same folks rail against school vouchers and such...seems hypocritical.
Let him keep goin. This is all MAGAs fault. Clearly. Urban Chicago schools just littered with all these hillbilly disruptor racist MAGA types driving off this good, well-meaning administrator who is trying to save the schools by pulling her kids out of them and keeping the socioeconomic segregation going.

Last edited:
Reactions: hexumhawk
IMO, education is all about the parents first. If the parents care about their childs education, backs the school's policies and actually handle any and all discipline problems quickly the teachers will be able to teach. The same teachers that are being vilified will suddenly be world class.

Here's an example: I sent my three children to Catholic School for K - 8. Back to school nights, parent-teacher conferences, and any/all school activities were jam-packed. Every parent was in attendance. When my oldest started 9th grade in Public School, I went to back-to-school night and was shocked. At back-to-school night you follow your childs schedule from class to class (same format at Catholic School) except there were only about 5 parents total in each class my son was scheduled to take. By his senior year many times I was the only parent in the classroom and certainly the only one having any dialogue.

It's about the parents. I think it's a very complicated problem to fix, but the first step of problem solving is to understand the problem.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT