ADVERTISEMENT

Over 90% of us believe in God and half don't believe in . . .

HoundedHawk

HR Legend
Oct 2, 2001
theory of evolution. And amazingly, even a third of college graduates believe humans were made in their present form about 10,000 years ago.

It demonstrates how weak macro evolution really is. After all the programming in grade school, middle school, high school, and college by this pseudo science, and the constant exposure to this dogmatic faith through the gigantic media (TV shows, news, movies, etc.) every week, hundreds of millions of us still don't believe it. And the list of scientists who don't is growing every year. And no wonder. It's just not logical. It's like believing a hard drive randomly corrupting could eventually mutate Microsoft Windows, without ever crashing in the meantime.

If it were an obvious fact it would have been accepted by the vast majority long, long ago like other scientific laws. For so many to fight off the constant propaganda of it, it probably proves the opposite. I wish I could be around to see the theory's eventual demise in a hundred years or so. But at least my significant number of progeny will.
This post was edited on 3/31 11:01 PM by HoundedHawkif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Link

The only thing it proves is that even the "educated" ones, aren't all that smart(especially in the science department). Over half of Americans don't know that the Earth revolves around the Sun and takes a year to do it.

That and most people are brainwashed from birth. Before you ever start school, you're being taught about Adam and Eve.

Reactions: ConvenientParking
Originally posted by fsu1jreed:
The only thing it proves is that even the "educated" ones, aren't all that smart(especially in the science department).
"Smart" has nothing to do with it.

Over half of Americans don't know that the Earth revolves around the Sun and takes a year to do it.
Over half don't know the Earth revolves around the Sun? I would like to see a link for that.

That and most people are brainwashed from birth. Before you ever start school, you're being taught about Adam and Eve.
Most of the brainwashing takes place in science classes when they revert to pseudo science. Kids are exposed far more to evolution before school, than the other. It's everywhere, even on their cereal boxes.

Creationist know all about pseudo-science, because without it they haven't a leg to stand on. The most important part of that link.

The study found that 64 percent of Americans have no understanding of the nature of scientific inquiry. About 34 percent understand some elements of how experiments work. But just 2 percent understand what a scientific theory is: an explanation of a phenomenon based on testable, repeatable and generally accepted observations.
This post was edited on 3/31 1:52 PM by fsu1jreedif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Americans Flunk Science Basics

And hundreds of years ago, everyone thought for sure that the Sun revoled around the Earth and that Black Death was punishment from God, or came from demons.

Just because half of the people believe something really means nothing as to its truth.

As Ralph Waldo Emerson put it: 'The mass are animal, in state of pupilage, and nearer the chimpanzee.'

Originally posted by HoundedHawk:
theory of evolution. And amazingly, even a third of college graduates believe humans were made in their present form about 10,000 years ago.

It demonstrates how weak macro evolution really is. After all the programming in grade school, middle school, high school, and college by this pseudo science, and the constant exposure to this dogmatic faith through the gigantic media (TV shows, news, movies, etc.) every week, hundreds of millions of us still don't believe it. And the list of scientists who don't is growing every year. And no wonder. It's just not logical. It's like believing a hard drive randomly corrupting could eventually mutate Microsoft Windows, without every crashing in the meantime.

If it were an obvious fact it would have been accepted by the vast majority long, long ago like other scientific laws. For so many to fight off the constant propaganda of it, it probably proves the opposite. I wish I could be around to see the theory's eventual demise in a hundred years or so. But at least my significant number of progeny will.

This post was edited on 3/31 1:24 PM by HoundedHawk
if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

A significant numer of Americans do not even know who the Unted States fought in WW II. So that is a reflection of the educational system, not truth.

Even your example of a hard drive mutuating into a computer operating system shows a lack of understanding of evolution. That or you are being dishonest.

"theory of evolution. And amazingly, even a third of college graduates believe humans were made in their present form about 10,000 years ago.

It demonstrates how weak macro evolution really is. After all the programming in grade school, middle school, high school, and college by this pseudo science, and the constant exposure to this dogmatic faith through the gigantic media (TV shows, news, movies, etc.) every week, hundreds of millions of us still don't believe it. And the list of scientists who don't is growing every year. And no wonder. It's just not logical. It's like believing a hard drive randomly corrupting could eventually mutate Microsoft Windows, without every crashing in the meantime."

LOL the old "well a lot of people believe it so it must be true." Really Hounded, you are desperate. Beyond that, you proceed to call it illogical and then compare evolution to a hard drive mutating into windows, which is a pretty illogical comparison. The only growing number of "scientists" who doubt evolution is coming from your crazy camp, which I'm sad to inform you, doesn't deal with science at all.

"If it were an obvious fact it would have been accepted by the vast majority long, long ago like other scientific laws. For so many to fight off the constant propaganda of it, it probably proves the opposite. I wish I could be around to see the theory's eventual demise in a hundred years or so. But at least my significant number of progeny will."

LOL again, reaching for something thats not there. Hey, if the Theory of Relativity is so obvious today(just look at the sun) why didn't we figure it out thousands of years ago? Again, you make an idiotic comment and pass it off as something intelligent. You truly are clueless about evolution(if you want to destroy it, maybe you should understand it better, because you obviously don't), and just about everything else scientific. You choose to accept the products of science in some areas, yet refuse it in others for no solid reason at all. Truly a clueless man.
This post was edited on 3/31 2:27 PM by iowahawkeyes1986if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

"Even your example of a hard drive mutuating into a computer operating system shows a lack of understanding of evolution. That or you are being dishonest."

It's the former. He was aruging the irreducible complexity crap with me a couple weeks ago although thats been thoroughly blown out of the waters.

Hounded, are you among those who believe humans were created in their present form about 10,000 years ago? I'm curious.

As for the rest of your talk. I had to laugh at you saying its just not logical about the hard drive thing. So having a virgin give birth is logical? Having a serpant talk is logical? Having people that live 800 years is logical? Resurrecting from the dead after a couple days is logical? Walking on water is logical? Parting a sea is logical? I'd say that if you are trying to prove a point that what Christians believe is true, you might want to stick with the faith argument rather than the logical one.

Originally posted by FMHoosier:
Just a reminder as this thread moves forward, Hounded does not represent all Christians.

who DOES represent all christians?

These sort of mass stupidity polls are meaningless when it comes to determining what side of an issue is "correct". They do, however, say a great deal about how dumb the average American is.

Originally posted by uiowa08:
Just a reminder as this thread moves forward, Hounded does not represent all Christians.

...I meant "on this board"

And to answer your question: Joseph and Hyrum Smith?

And hundreds of years ago, everyone thought for sure that the Sun revoled around the Earth and that Black Death was punishment from God, or came from demons.

Just because half of the people believe something really means nothing as to its truth.

As Ralph Waldo Emerson put it: 'The mass are animal, in state of pupilage, and nearer the chimpanzee.'

stop it uiowa08. you know darn well the earth is flat. one would be a fool to explore other possibilites.

Ahh....the typical 'bring up Mormons' response from FM.

Ahh....the typical 'bring up Mormons' response from FM.

Oh, the irony.

From the guy that sticks his nose into every religion thread.

Originally posted by ricflair4LIFE:
Does that mean nothing has evolved?
Almost everything has evolved. It's in the design by God.
This may be a stupid question, but I have never had it explained to me by someone who believes it. Why would god design evolution? Why would he not just create something perfect, just the way he wanted it?

Reactions: fsu1jreed
The fact that Hounded would think that polling on this subject is an appropriate means of providing evidence for the correctness of his viewpoints vis a vis evolution should tell you something about the quality (or lack thereof) of his reasoning and logic skills.

This is evidence primarily of grasping at straws and/or other thinking deficiencies, and I would say that anyone who isn't able to quickly see that is in the same leaky boat as Hounded.
This post was edited on 3/31 3:04 PM by pjhawkif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Not that many years ago, the enlightened college elite described the fetus as just a mass of tissue. No need for concern for its humanity.

Originally posted by DianaMoonGlampers:
Originally posted by ricflair4LIFE:
Does that mean nothing has evolved?
Almost everything has evolved. It's in the design by God.
This may be a stupid question, but I have never had it explained to me by someone who believes it. Why would god design evolution? Why would he not just create something perfect, just the way he wanted it?

god is testing us. duh. figure it out.

I think the bottom line is that you can't really trust religious people for any matter concering science. We would still be living in the stone age worshipping the sun if religion had its way.

Originally posted by iowahawkeyes1986:
"Even your example of a hard drive mutuating into a computer operating system shows a lack of understanding of evolution. That or you are being dishonest."

It's the former. He was aruging the irreducible complexity crap with me a couple weeks ago although thats been thoroughly blown out of the waters.

It was not even a good analogy. Mutations are only one aspect of evolution. If the Jesusites really want to come up with an argument for irreducible complexity, at least us an appropriate example and don't distort evolution.

Most of the brainwashing takes place in science classes when they revert to pseudo science. Kids are exposed far more to evolution before school, than the other. It's everywhere, even on their cereal boxes.

Maybe the reason the Christian/Satanism brainwashing is more effective is because it has serious penalties for the unbelievers. Science doesn't comdemn you to never ending torment and pain if you don't truely believe it, but Christianity and Satanism do.

These "believers" are probably just believers not becuase they really believe, but because they're weighing the potential penalties of believing in their answers.

The first and only brainwashing I have personally recieved was at the hands of Christians when I was a young and naive child. They actually tried to make me believe that a book written by men thousands of years ago was the word of God. I've come to realize that these were very evil people, they tried to hide the true nature of God from me and substitute the word of mortal men.

This post was edited on 3/31 4:19 PM by PhilHartmanif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

That dog don't hunt.

The Creationist/ID school of thought never produced any meaningful contribution to science and medicine and human achievement. It's just a conversation piece for people wandering aimlessly outside the circle of accomplishment.

If it helps you get through the day, great. Believe it. Just be smart about how you go about trying to "educate" people.

Originally posted by PhilHartman:
Science doesn't comdemn you to never ending torment and pain if you don't truely believe it, but Christianity and Satanism do.
By Jove, I think you've hit upon the answer! Disbelief in science needs strong penalties. And none of this waiting around until after you're dead, either.

If we want to end this seemingly endless scourge of idiocy - especially now that so many of the idiots have control of serious weapons - we should probably eradicate entire bloodlines at the first indication of genetic weakness - i.e., all who fail to grasp evolution.

If we work fast, in a generation or two we should have pretty much eliminated the defective genetic material from the gene pool.

Unfortunately, clearing the human gene pool of the genetic substrate for accepting and violently defending unsubstantiated belief would probably require exterminating the whole species. Irrational behavior and belief has obviously been selected for over millions of years of evolution. Just because we've reached a stage when those genes and that behavior no longer confer survival advantages, doesn't mean we aren't still driven by those evolved predispositions.

That's a good point. I like Hounded, and have questioned my own faith on this board in the past. But just when I think I've come to a point where I feel pretty good about what I believe, one of these threads come around and casts a shadow over me.

Hounded often does more to harm his cause than help it.

LOL. Its hilarious to see a dude who used Christs name in vain in a link putting disclaimers on a real Christian.

Originally posted by nolookpass:

LOL. Its hilarious to see a dude who used Christs name in vain in a link putting disclaimers on a real Christian.

Isn't God the "decider" as to who is a real Christian and who is not? Assuming every man sins, how can you argue that someone is more authentic than someone else?

Of course not. But when something it told you to every single week, and it's constantly rammed down your throat and you still don't believe it, then that says something too.

Originally posted by jrotten666:
A significant numer of Americans do not even know who the Unted States fought in WW II. So that is a reflection of the educational system, not truth.
Significant? What %? I'll bet over 90% don't believe we didn't fought in WWII.

Originally posted by DavidHawk324:
Hounded, are you among those who believe humans were created in their present form about 10,000 years ago? I'm curious.
That depends what you mean by "form." A dog can take quite a variance in form.

Originally posted by DavidHawk324:
As for the rest of your talk. I had to laugh at you saying its just not logical about the hard drive thing. So having a virgin give birth is logical? Having a serpant talk is logical? Having people that live 800 years is logical? Resurrecting from the dead after a couple days is logical? Walking on water is logical? Parting a sea is logical? I'd say that if you are trying to prove a point that what Christians believe is true, you might want to stick with the faith argument rather than the logical one.
Yes, it's purely logical, if one first forms a premise that there is a God and He's unlimited in power. Logic would dictate He could easily do those things.

Of course not. But when something it told you to every single week, and it's constantly rammed down your throat and you still don't believe it, then that says something too.

Where are you getting this idea that it is rammed down our throats every week?? Evolution is more prevalent in our media/society than religion?

I don't know where you went to school, but I was never exposed that hard to evolution until I took Human Origins at Iowa. It was touched on in high school, but never studied too indepthly. I have been indoctrinated with religion exponentially more often than I have with the science of evolution.

Do you watch tv? Drive a car? Use electricity? A toilet? running water? The internet? A microwave? The same process and procedures used to develop these technologies is also responsible for the theory of evolution. The problem with you religious folks is that you cherry pick what science to believe based on how it meshes with your religious beliefs.
This post was edited on 3/31 5:21 PM by uiowa08if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Originally posted by jrotten666:
Even your example of a hard drive mutuating into a computer operating system shows a lack of understanding of evolution. That or you are being dishonest.
Or, three, that's my honest assessment of it, after reading countless things about it.

No, I certainly do not. But then again, there are people who claim it is alright to sodomize a young boy and call themselves Christians. I'm glad I don't represent them.

Originally posted by EddieHaskell:
These sort of mass stupidity polls are meaningless when it comes to determining what side of an issue is "correct". They do, however, say a great deal about how dumb the average American is.
Or it tells how brainwashed one side is. I believe that is plain.

ADVERTISEMENT