ADVERTISEMENT

Overnight Drone Attack Targets US Troops Occupying Syria

seminole97

HB Legend
Jun 14, 2005
American troops occupying northeast Syria have come under overnight attack by a drone, which some reports say was sent by 'pro-Iran' militants.

US officials did not indicate that there were any initial casualties, in what is the second such attack on a US base in less than a week. "Initial reports do not indicate any injuries, however medical evaluations are ongoing. We are currently conducting a damage assessment," a defense official told Reuters.

But it's not just Iran-linked militants who have upped the pressure on the US occupation of late - Arab tribes have been attacking US-backed Kurdish positions in the oil and gas rich eastern region as well.

“A drone attack on US forces at Kharab al-Jir base in Syria resulted in a massive explosion and destroyed at least one building a few hours ago. An individual told me “I’ve never been so terrified in my life dude. That shit was way too close. Once we heard the actual drone there was only a few seconds until impact. Fire was ****ing bad and way bigger explosion than the others I’ve seen. I dunno if that’s just because it hit a building or if it had a bigger payload.”Troops on Kharab al-Jir have been on high alert for several days (read quoted post below). Every time we get attacked, I’m going to post about it, because it pisses me off that our politicians leave our troops in the Middle East with no clear purpose or direction and bait Iran into killing them to gather support for more war.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT