ADVERTISEMENT

Owen Freeman Highlights & Updates (2023 Commit). His Nickname is "The Big O."

Owen is considered one of the top players in the state of Illinois, obviously.

Check out the comments on him below.

All-State First Team​

Braden Huff, Senior
Ty Rodgers, Senior
Jaden Schutt, Senior
Nick Martinelli, Senior
Ben VanderWal, Senior
Jackson Munro, Senior
Trey Pettigrew, Senior
AJ Casey, Senior
Justin Mullins, Senior
Robbie Avila, Senior

All-State Second Team​

Owen Freeman (Jr. C, Bradley Bourbonnais)

Stats: 19 ppg, 10 rpg, 5 apg

Sometimes the game looks too easy for Freeman against opposing bigs. He’s just so smooth and decisive with the ball, that sometimes it’s hard to believe that he’s only a junior. The Iowa commit has welcomed doing the “boring stuff” like running the floor, boxing out, and rotating extremely well. That is worth noting because his skill set for a 6-foot-10 player is hard to find. If you don’t believe me, just ask his opponents.

I assume All Area is the entire Chicagoland area? If so, even 6th team isn't too bad.

Reminder, there are a couple hundred HS in the Chicagoland area, most of them comparable to Class 3A/4A Iowa schools.

Honestly, I think the entire Chicago area, public/private, City/suburb, is way more than 200. IIRC, CPL has something like 80 HS (I don't know how many play basketball, just talking member schools). Then add in private schools, probably 125-130 just in Chicago. The suburbs are bigger than Chicago.

This was posted today, Feb 27, 2022.

Here are Owen's Junior Season Highlights.

Nice handle for a big man. Crafty around the basket. Nice midrange game. Can hit the 3. Plays defense. Blocks shots. Rim protector. Great passer. Runs the floor well.

Oh, and he likes to rebound!

Perfect fit for Fran's system.

Watch:

Nice handle for a big man. Crafty around the basket. Nice midrange game. Can hit the 3. Plays defense. Blocks shots. Rim protector. Great passer. Runs the floor well.

Watch:

He's got a huge wingspan. I have a feeling he'll be blocking a lot of shots.

Watch:

@1:54 already does a pretty good Garza impression

Yeah, this kid is going to be a nice addition. Runs well for his size, has good post moves can actually put it on the floor and dribble and can shoot a bit, and is a decent passer already. Hard to tell how good of a defender he is, but he will be an immediate contributor, nothing against Mulvey or JO, but they aren't as good as a fit as this kid seems.

Me too. I think that is the perfect compliment to the 2022 class. Throw in Payton and i think you have most of your starters for 2024.

for the 2023-2024 season (assuming Keegan & Kris are gone):

FRESHMEN: 2 players

6"10" C Owen Freeman
6'8" F Pryce Sandfort

SOPHOMORES: 2 players

6'3" PG Dasonte Bowen
6'5" SG Josh Dix

JUNIORS: 2 players

6'7" F Payton Sandfort
6'11" C Riley Mulvey

SENIORS: 4 players

6'11" C Josh Ogundele
6'4" G Tony Perkins
6'2" G Ahron Ulis
6'9" SF Patrick McCaffery

Watch:

I see in the other Owen Freeman thread from today that someone posted his junior season highlights. I posted those highlights a month ago, on Feb 27.

Those highlights, again:

Story from HawkCentral

Some excerpts:

Owen Freeman​

Junior | Power forward | Bradley-Bourbonnais (Illinois)

The Hawkeyes already secured a commitment in the 2023 class from Freeman, and Iowa is getting a solid all-around player from Illinois.

He led the Boilers to their first-ever Red Division Conference championship with an 8-0 record and helped Bradley-Bourbonnais to its best record (23-8) in the past 20-plus seasons.

Freeman was unanimously named Red Division Player of the Year and First Team All-State after averaging a double-double as a junior.

2021-22 stats: 17.9 points and 10.1 rebounds per game

ADVERTISEMENT