ADVERTISEMENT

Owen Freeman Highlights & Updates (2023 Commit). His Nickname is "The Big O."

especially now, as we struggle to land a quality big for this coming season
The issue I'd have with that is that recent history we see 17 year olds really struggle to compete in their first year in college. This past year there were quite a few 17 year olds who reclassified and were thought to be sure fire first round NBA picks this past year and then struggled mightily. I'd much rather Owen get 4 years where his body is fully developed rather than a throw-away 17 year old year. Maybe Owen is different--but if 5* guys struggle with it, Owen likely would as well.

The issue I'd have with that is that recent history we see 17 year olds really struggle to compete in their first year in college. This past year there were quite a few 17 year olds who reclassified and were thought to be sure fire first round NBA picks this past year and then struggled mightily. I'd much rather Owen get 4 years where his body is fully developed rather than a throw-away 17 year old year. Maybe Owen is different--but if 5* guys struggle with it, Owen likely would as well.

yeah, you are right; we are just going to have to be patient and hope Fran lands a big in the portal for this season

LOL

Seriously, what is wrong with you? Do you look in the mirror? You are the definition of pot calling kettle black.

You’re the one who can’t handle someone else creating a new thread. Everyone see’s what you’re doing. You must have a mental disorder. It’s either that or you’re a complete @$$. But even an @$$ doesn’t. do what you’re doing.

Reactions: skydog0784
Everyone see’s what you’re doing. You bumped the duplicate thread by literally typing "bump." And why did you do that? Because you are an ass, because you were behaving like a child, and because you literally had nothing to add to that thread. Only a child or a person with a mental disorder would do something like that.

The bump was to allow you to show your true colors and post in your own thread and you responded as expected. I guess you are a complete ass and have a mental disorder. You have to be living in your parents basement. No way you can hold down a real job with the way you interact with people.

The bump was to allow you to show your true colors and post in your own thread and you responded as expected. I guess you are a complete ass and have a mental disorder. You have to be living in your parents basement. No way you can hold down a real job with the way you interact with people.

Thanks for telling everyone that you are nothing more than a worthless troll.

And actually, contrary to what you wrote, it is clear that it is actually you who is a complete ass and must have a mental disorder.

And the old "parents basement" thing. Good lord, how old are you? You are just embarrassing yourself.

Pretty high praise.

Class of 2023 Top 10 players for Illinois, Volume 3!!!!!​

This is a loaded class in Illinois; just think what it would be if JJ Taylor, Matas Buzelis, Jeremy Fears Jr, and Kylan Boswell did not leave the state? It would be a historic class, but it is hard to come up with a Top 10.

I'm going to add a few players on the cusp that could move in if others fall off with their game. Some guys have made major strides in their game this Spring.

I've seen these players at NY2LA (Milwaukee,WI) Nike EYBL (Indianapolis), Bill Hensley Spiece Run N Slam (Fort Wayne,IN) and Grassroots Roundball Showcase (Waukegan,IL). Look for more movement this Summer going into the Fall.

Here we go:

#1 Owen Freeman, Bradley Bourbonnais (6'10" forward)- Iowa commit has been dominant on every stop this Spring for Midwest Pro Academy. He's showing his step out three point shot this Spring, as well as his fundamental footwork on the interior. Nice spin moves and powerful finishes on the interior. Becoming a better rim protector at the basket, and pulling in a lot of defensive rebounds. Can post up in the paint and on the mid post, turning over either shoulder and scoring. Does not get rushed getting shots up in the paint. Solid in this spot. Ranked 138th nationally by 247 sports which is way too low for his abilities.

Reactions: Ree4
Love we have Freeman, like the feeds from Brock Harding too . He in the clips seems to get the ball in the hands where Owen can do something with it. My concern with Brock getting a schollie is on the defensive end. In the B1G he’ll get posted up often. But don’t think it would be much worse than JoeT or JBo. I generally like bigger guards in the 6’3” to 6’5”. Oh like Bowen and Dix . Time will tell but Brock seems like he could be quite productive on the offensive end.

Fran will have more opportunities to watch both Owen & Brock in Moline (if the rumors are true)

would that make Moline the best team in the state of Illinois?
The problem with that scenario is that Moline has been lumped in Illinois highest class of basketball because of school enrollment. Being the only class 6 team in the area close to the Quad Cities, Moline is always shuffled to either the talent rich Chicago suburbs, the Peoria area, or Southern Illinois. Not very favorable for advancing to the State finals with a team that hasn't had a talented big man since the late 80's. Moline had one of the best teams it has had in years last year but suffered from the lack of height.
One bright spot is that Moline does return a number of players that logged a ton of minutes last year and if the rumors are indeed true that Owen is transferring to Moline it will be indeed raise the bar and elevate Moline to contender status. Fun to watch but Moline's highest finish in the State tournament was 2nd place back in 1952 and hasn't been back there in the elite eight since 1965 with the great Steve Kuberski, unless someone else can update my memory....
Long odds to overcome!

Last edited:
The problem with that scenario is that Moline has been lumped in Illinois highest class of basketball because of school enrollment. Being the only class 6 team in the area close to the Quad Cities, Moline is always shuffled to either the talent rich Chicago suburbs, the Peoria area, or Southern Illinois. Not very favorable for advancing to the State finals with a team that hasn't had a talented big man since the late 80's. Moline had one of the best teams it has had in years last year but suffered from the lack of height.
One bright spot is that Moline does return a number of players that logged a ton of minutes last year and if the rumors are indeed true that Owen is transferring to Moline it will be indeed raise the bar and elevate Moline to contender status. Fun to watch but Moline's highest finish in the State tournament was 2nd place back in 1952 and hasn't been back there in the elite eight since 1965 with the great Steve Kuberski, unless someone else can update my memory....
Long odds to overcome!

Interesting. I hope the rumors are true and hopefully with Brock Harding playing with Owen, good things happen for Brock (and he gets that high major offer).

Owen received an invite to the Pangos All American Camp, which will be held next month.

This camp is exclusive, invite only, and has been around for 20 years. You have to be one of the best basketball players in the country to be invited.

FTt3-GYWYAkiIRJ

It's official.

Owen is teaming up with Brock Harding at Moline High School for their senior year.

Note that Owen's brother, Braeden Freeman, will be a sophomore on this team.

He's supposed to be pretty good.

I'm just amused today that news we reported two weeks ago is being reported like it was breaking news.

The discussion on the free board of Owen transferring to Moline started on May 13. However, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe yesterday (May 27) was the first time Owen and his dad publicly confirmed that the transfer was indeed happening.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
If Iowa needs to spend a scholarship on Brock to cement Freeman's determination to attend Iowa, then, by all means, do so. It's not like we are just throwing one away on a guy with no talent. The way players are moving around now, we may have a couple more open scholarships than we planned anyway.

Reactions: iabcuda
Isaac is a National Editor & Director of Operations at NY2LA Sports, a national grassroots basketball platform, web magazine, and recruiting information provider.

This is from today's play.

ADVERTISEMENT