ADVERTISEMENT

Owen Freeman Highlights & Updates (2023 Commit). His Nickname is "The Big O."

And when people bitch and say Fran can't recruit just remember he visited Iowa on Oct 8 and committed 3 days later.

And Fran beat out these schools for Owen:

Illinois (home state school)
Purdue
Michigan State
Ohio State
Indiana
Wisconsin
Notre Dame
Northwestern (home state school)
Marquette
Butler
Wake Forest

The transition defense by the maroon team at the 1:50 mark. The stuff that makes coaches quit

Rim wrecker.

He pulled the bolts out of the wall!

FJ6pon0XMAACer6

FJ6pon1XIAA2Y2z

Here are Owen's highlights from last weekend at the Metamora Round-Ball Classic. Owen made the All Tournament team. Owen had 21 pts and 6 rebounds in the championship game (his team fell to 15-7 with a 51-66 loss to Metamora).

He has a nice handle for a big man. Crafty around the basket. Nice midrange game. Can hit the 3. Plays defense. Rebounds, blocks shots. Rim protector. Great passer. Runs the floor well.

Perfect fit for Fran's system.

Watch here:

FJv3H1eXIAMcpT2

Last edited:
Reactions: perryhawk
This kid will start from day one. He could help this year. Terrific talent.
Just thinking ahead a bit ...

I believe the plan is for Rebraca to stay one more year. Assuming Rebraca keeps his starting spot in 22-23, then graduates, the center position will be "open" in the fall of 2023 when Freeman arrives as a freshman. Freeman's competition for the spot will be senior Josh Ogundele and junior Riley Mulvey (and/or anyone else that transfers in.)

So, yeah ... I think there's a good chance Freeman could start from Day 1.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Boy, I would like to see Filip add some good muscle and bulk up a little bit. This would help him immensely in the B1G. He is tough to handle inside right now and if he is a little stronger it will only pay dividends.

Boy, I would like to see Filip add some good muscle and bulk up a little bit. This would help him immensely in the B1G. He is tough to handle inside right now and if he is a little stronger it will only pay dividends.
I'd like to see Rebraca move to the 4 next year. If he has any designs on playing professionally, anywhere, it's not going to be at the 5. It's my guess that the highest-level bigs from Purdue, Michigan, and Illinois will be moving on after this year, so it's not unreasonable to expect Mulvey & Ogundele to adequately staff the 5 spot (assuming development). Our 22-23 lineup could look pretty solid- Kris at the 3, JoeT/Ulis/Perkins/Bowen rotating at the guard spots, Sandfort at the 2/3 backup, Patrick at the 3/4 backup. Who am I forgetting.. 7th year for JBo?

Yea, he could be like the Purdue center back in the Gene Keady days. About 6’8” and 260 pounds, built like a linebacker.

Reactions: perryhawk
ADVERTISEMENT