ADVERTISEMENT

Owen Freeman

drh1150

HR MVP
Jan 11, 2003
I know virtually nothing about Owen Freeman, but this I do know.

1st team all-state, 4A , large schools.
His offer list is impressive. 8 B10 schools including Iowa offered.

Sure he's a ways off but you've got to look ahead.

Good height, good skills, pretty athletic.......he's all in with being Hawkeye (committed) and he hasn't even started his senior year yet. I think he's listed on this site as a center, but I think he's more of a stretch 4.

Reactions: Hawkeyesgonewild
The kid certainly looks like a solid recruit.

I'll admit, I have a really hard time evaluating a HS basketball player, especially the big guys. Are they good simply because they are 5 inches taller than everyone else on the floor.

And how will he develop? Could he be a Luka Garza? Or a Filip Rebraca? (NOT a knock on Rebraca - he's a very good player).

The kid certainly looks like a solid recruit.

I'll admit, I have a really hard time evaluating a HS basketball player, especially the big guys. Are they good simply because they are 5 inches taller than everyone else on the floor.

And how will he develop? Could he be a Luka Garza? Or a Filip Rebraca? (NOT a knock on Rebraca - he's a very good player).
I think you’re thought process is right….very hard to tell, especially with big guys.

I look at bigs and try to judge quickness, athleticism, and coordination from a physical standpoint…. And aggressiveness or assertiveness from a mental standpoint….understanding this kids film is from his junior year of HS….so a lot of growth and maturation over the next couple years.

If Mulvey can move forward over the next year or two, Hawks could have a nice inside combination with the new Big O. Dix and Bowen give us nice potential outside. I hope Fran can land an athletic physical 3/4 type to the mix.

I think you’re thought process is right….very hard to tell, especially with big guys.

I look at bigs and try to judge quickness, athleticism, and coordination from a physical standpoint…. And aggressiveness or assertiveness from a mental standpoint….understanding this kids film is from his junior year of HS….so a lot of growth and maturation over the next couple years.
Yep.

I have always said - how they develop AFTER they sign on is way more important than what they look like on signing day. Basketball and football.

So, you have to find guys, like Garza, with a burning desire to get better.

Iowa isn't going to be able to sign 5 star guys - they have to MAKE them.

I know virtually nothing about Owen Freeman, but this I do know.

1st team all-state, 4A , large schools.
His offer list is impressive. 8 B10 schools including Iowa offered.

Sure he's a ways off but you've got to look ahead.
This kid looks good... great feet and agility for his size...great hands. Check out the steal at :32 ...baseline drive and reverse dunk at 1:26... a little quicker version of Garza

Last edited:
Freeman needs to work on the weights and explosion.
He has the tools and moves but could really explode if he was quicker off the floor with 20-25% more elevation.
Keegan is long but his quick hops and quicker 2nd hop puts him heads above the others.

ADVERTISEMENT