ADVERTISEMENT

Owen Freeman

Does Moline have their schedule for this winter done? A road trip to watch might be a fun thing.
It's like the college schedules at this time, you know that they play at East Moline, in Rock Island against Rock Island High School and Alleman, Quincy, Sterling, Geneseo. and Galesburg. And at home against those same schools. A Thanksgiving tournament, a Christmas tournament, a game against a Iowa school at Augustina College in Rock Island in December and other games against Illinois teams sprinkled into the schedule but no dates set yet. Usually 31 games.

Not only does he keep bumping his own, he takes posts out of other threads and responds in his thread. He must be autistic in some way because what he does isn’t normal.
Ummm my son is autistic. I prefer to think of it as a gift because he is remarkable. DO NOT equate autism with not normal or somehow less. I understand your point but it was a shitty way to say it.

Ummm my son is autistic. I prefer to think of it as a gift because he is remarkable. DO NOT equate autism with not normal or somehow less. I understand your point but it was a shitty way to say it.
I could have left off the "because what he does isn’t normal" in reference to autistic because I certainly don't mean someone is "less", including Fran. That said, I don't believe I implied that Fran was less than anyone, I was just trying to understand his thought process for what he does. I want you to know that I wasn't using the word autistic as a negative or insult to Fran. It was more about trying to understand Fran's behavior.

When I use the word normal, I'm strictly using it as a comparison to others. No single person is normal in every way. I have a reading issue so I tell others I don't read like a normal person. Being "not normal" can be a good thing or a bad thing. Just look at Fran, some posters love him because he provides so much information, while others don't like him because of his tactics.

Reactions: BBHawk

Since my original reply I've had some time to think about it. There was nothing wrong with my original statement and if you have a problem with it, that's on you. I never said or implied that someone who's autistic is less of a person. That was in your head, not mine. Regarding "normal", you've said you son is autistic. Obviously there's a reason you had your son checked out and why YOU'VE used the label autistic for him. Something was obviously different or not normal so you did the right thing and had your son checked out. My comments about Fran were the same thing, I felt his actions were different than normal posters and the way he posts felt to me he might be autistic. As I said in my other post, I wasn't using autistic in a negative way but instead more of a positive way as it might justify his behavior. To be honest, I think your response to me was pretty shitty.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: HFan1981
Since my original reply I've had some time to think about it. There was nothing wrong with my original statement and if you have a problem with it, that's on you. I never said or implied that someone who's autistic is less of a person. That was in your head, not mine. Regarding "normal", you've said you son is autistic. Obviously there's a reason you had your son checked out and why YOU'VE used the label autistic for him. Something was obviously different or not normal so you did the right thing and had your son checked out. My comments about Fran were the same thing, I felt his actions were different than normal posters and the way he posts felt to me he might be autistic. As I said in my other post, I wasn't using autistic in a negative way but instead more of a positive way as it might justify his behavior. To be honest, I think your response to me was pretty shitty.
You implied that everyone who isn’t normal is autistic. It was used as a slur. It’s like saying everyone with an anger problem must be a red head. No one thinks you meant harm by the comment, but it was hurtful.

You implied that everyone who isn’t normal is autistic. It was used as a slur. It’s like saying everyone with an anger problem must be a red head. No one thinks you meant harm by the comment, but it was hurtful.

I don't believe I did and I certainly wasn't saying that. It certainly wasn't used as a slur at all. Fran has shown to do "different" things that normal posters don't do. He has this drive always have his threads at the top. He wants to be the provider of all information. He complains to the mods when someone else posts something similar or starts a different thread. In the beginning I thought maybe Fran's just an "@$$" but after seeing how he responds to people, how he has some obsession with things, I felt there was maybe something different going on. Maybe Fran has autism that makes him act the way he does. That isn't a slur at all but rather an explanation as to why Fran does what he does. It's funny because I used autism to explain someone, you and the other poster saw the word autism and jumped to the conclusion of it being a slur.

Still shitty. Now you seem even shittier. Thanks. I can happily ignore you now. You self reflected (good thing) and somehow came to this conclusion? Wow, at least your justifications seem to entertain you. They are simplistic and very simple minded at best. Insultingly narcissistic and shallow at worst? And shut your mouth about my son. "something was different or not normal". Just to try to prove a dumb point and bring Fran into this. IDGAF about Fran. "He must be autistic in some way because what he does isn’t normal." You are the one to equate autistic with "isn't normal". YOU. Again for the slow person. YOU did it. You can now bang your head on the wall arguing with yourself because I'm out and hopefully don't ever have to read any of your other "clearly thought out", self aggrandizing opinions. D I C K H E A D

Another thing, we’re not talking about everyone (as you stated), we’re talking about one person, Fran. Also it’s been well documented in threads about what fran does so when I say not normal I’m referring to what fran does. You again applied what I said to everyone. So please don’t take a statement about one situation or one person and apply it to everything or everyone.

Still shitty. Now you seem even shittier. Thanks. I can happily ignore you now. You self reflected (good thing) and somehow came to this conclusion? Wow, at least your justifications seem to entertain you. They are simplistic and very simple minded at best. Insultingly narcissistic and shallow at worst? And shut your mouth about my son. "something was different or not normal". Just to try to prove a dumb point and bring Fran into this. IDGAF about Fran. "He must be autistic in some way because what he does isn’t normal." You are the one to equate autistic with "isn't normal". YOU. Again for the slow person. YOU did it. You can now bang your head on the wall arguing with yourself because I'm out and hopefully don't ever have to read any of your other "clearly thought out", self aggrandizing opinions. D I C K H E A D

FYI, the whole conversation was about Fran. Maybe you should understand the topic that’s being discussed, which was fran, not your son. You brought your son into the topic, not me. As I said in the other post, we’re talking strictly about Fran and his behavior. About his behavior isn’t what a normal poster does. The fact that you read into the post that I was referring to everyone in the world, that’s on you, not me. If you don’t care about fran then stay the hell out if the conversation.

FYI, the whole conversation was about Fran. Maybe you should understand the topic that’s being discussed, which was fran, not your son. You brought your son into the topic, not me. As I said in the other post, we’re talking strictly about Fran and his behavior. About his behavior isn’t what a normal poster does. The fact that you read into the post that I was referring to everyone in the world, that’s on you, not me. If you don’t care about fran then stay the hell out if the conversation.
You're fighting a losing battle. Just say the literal tendency instead of an often misunderstood term. FIDM is annoying because he posts ad nauseum, he tries to overwhelm with volume, and he can be obnoxious when he doesn't think he is getting his way. End of story, no one insulted unfairly.

Reactions: SB_SB
Another thing, we’re not talking about everyone (as you stated), we’re talking about one person, Fran. Also it’s been well documented in threads about what fran does so when I say not normal I’m referring to what fran does. You again applied what I said to everyone. So please don’t take a statement about one situation or one person and apply it to everything or everyone.

And now we are all talking about you.

And what a jerk you are.

• Haha
Reactions: topherchris20

The whole conversation is now about you.

• Haha
Reactions: topherchris20
FIFY

and we all agree.

I agree, you are an ass. Here's an oldie but a goodie:

Posted by Mike Zierath:

@Franisdaman, I feel like you shouldn't worry all that much about duplicate threads or who started what topic of conversation 10 months ago and who didn't. Quit wasting my, Tom and Blairs time with your petty complaints. You obviously haven't seen the message I sent you earlier today, even though you are on here 24/7, have over 54,000 posts and can't seem to not keep your thoughts and comments out of other threads. Do not send in another report about someone starting a duplicate thread because you have already started the same thread. Got it?

And, yes, I did put this here, in public, because I know you will see it. Grow the hell up and stop acting like a 3 year old!

Mike

I agree, you are an ass. Here's an oldie but a goodie:

Posted by Mike Zierath:

@Franisdaman, I feel like you shouldn't worry all that much about duplicate threads or who started what topic of conversation 10 months ago and who didn't. Quit wasting my, Tom and Blairs time with your petty complaints. You obviously haven't seen the message I sent you earlier today, even though you are on here 24/7, have over 54,000 posts and can't seem to not keep your thoughts and comments out of other threads. Do not send in another report about someone starting a duplicate thread because you have already started the same thread. Got it?

And, yes, I did put this here, in public, because I know you will see it. Grow the hell up and stop acting like a 3 year old!

Mike

Lol

You are a clown and an ass.

It's nice to see that people are calling you out for it in this thread

Lol

You are a clown and an ass.

It's nice to see that people are calling you out for it in this thread

Posted by Mike Zierath:

Mike

Posted by Mike Zierath:

Mike

Provide a link to where this was supposedly posted.

You call ME a spammer?

🤣

Spammer.
Another one of the 2022 terms for "I disagree with your opinion, but will use this hipster word instead of just saying I disagree"

Great. You disagree.
I won't sleep tonight due to the intense mental anguish this is causing me.

Sigh

Spammer.
Another one of the 2022 terms for "I disagree with your opinion, but will use this hipster word instead of just saying I disagree"

Great. You disagree.
I won't sleep tonight due to the intense mental anguish this is causing me.

Sigh
You do know what spam posting is, right? Just in case you don't, it's repeatedly posting something that is either redundant or marginally related, and doing so in large, overwhelming quantities. Usually lots of graphics (PICTURES).

Is this bickering between posters really necessary? I come on here to see information about a recruit or about the basketball program, not to listen to posters calling each other out for multiple posts that may or may not be duplicates. Who cares if they are, it's not the end of the world for gods sake!

You do know what spam posting is, right? Just in case you don't, it's repeatedly posting something that is either redundant or marginally related, and doing so in large, overwhelming quantities. Usually lots of graphics (PICTURES).

I'm pretty sure I haven't posted a picture. But good effort, Sherlock.

Go Hawks

• Haha
Is this bickering between posters really necessary? I come on here to see information about a recruit or about the basketball program, not to listen to posters calling each other out for multiple posts that may or may not be duplicates. Who cares if they are, it's not the end of the world for gods sake!
What? Owen who.... LOL..... o_O

It's more often than not instigated by a certain,
**** OFFICIAL Hawkeye Report wannabe mod/journalist****

Its more of a running gag now and i find it irrationally hilarious

I know many people who are on the spectrum, many of them successful in different ways and walks of life, including professionally, and we need more neurodiversity, much less groupthink in this country. I couldn't agree with you more in calling out the all-too-common middle-school level insults and insensitivity (and not a little racism) on these boards.

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
Holy shit that highlight!

Damn this kid is something special. He has First Team All Big Ten, and maybe more, kinda potential. Haven't been as stoked for an incoming recruit since we brought in the five-star Sharm Scheuerman and his Fabulous Five in 1956, a team that was easily top five in the country. The HR boards back then were genteel and the president was calling for single-payer healthcare and promoting big social programs and railing against the military industrial complex, and he was a five-star general and an esteemed, actually patriotic republican named Dwight D. Eisenhower, and back then, CEO pay was only on average 20 times that of the lowest-paid worker, the top tax bracket was almost 90%, and today, CEO pay is 670 times that of the lowest paid worker.

We need Owen Freeman and we need President Eisenhower!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT