ADVERTISEMENT

pads for furniture

L. Wade Childress

HR Legend
Oct 9, 2001
I have wood floors and therefore like to use pads on my hairs, table, and living room furniture to prevent scratching. however I hate the felt pads because they don't stay on and in the absence of a rug the furniture slides around easily. they also attract duct and pet hair.

is there a better solution, model or brand I should be using?

Ive never seen anything other than the felt ones. We use those, and every other week a nice lady comes in and cleans my floors to take care of the duct and pet hair.

My mom uses these rubber cups under her living room furniture.
3191871.jpg

Reactions: artradley
Originally posted by swagsurfer02:
Originally posted by Kinnick 4 Prez:
Originally posted by SF HAWKEYE:
ec

My mom (no pic) has about 200 of those rubber cups in her house.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

And plastic on the furniture!
You were allowed on the furniture?

Originally posted by HawkFantastic:

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:
Originally posted by Kinnick 4 Prez:
Originally posted by SF HAWKEYE:
ec

My mom (no pic) has about 200 of those rubber cups in her house.

And plastic on the furniture!
You were allowed on the furniture?

My people have never been allowed on the furniture..

The people who installed and service our wood floors say the slider pads do as much harm as good.

I have wood floors and therefore like to use pads on my hairs, table, and living room furniture to prevent scratching. however I hate the felt pads because they don't stay on and in the absence of a rug the furniture slides around easily. they also attract duct and pet hair.

Update?

Reactions: Pepperman
After the felt pads continued to fail I found some small round plastic sliders that stay on and are pretty durable. They’ll only work on wooden furniture as they have to be screwed into the bottom of the legs.

I've like to use area rugs,... combine these with pads for furniture feet that are off rug and you've got the best overall solution....

We have wood floors and use the self-stick felt pads. If you're concerned about them staying on, add a little glue when you place them.

Reactions: B1GDeal
We have wood floors and use the self-stick felt pads. If you're concerned about them staying on, add a little glue when you place them.

we buy the pads like they’re a hot IPO. Then again our whole house (ex tiled areas in laundry and baths) is wood floors.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT