ADVERTISEMENT

Page 17 of Bob Woodward's book, Rage

The Dems are preparing for a Trump victory. There will be Rage, but in the form of riots and looting. I do not deny that the Russians are trying to influence our elections in favor of Trump. But I also do not deny that China is trying to influence in favor of Biden.

The Dems are preparing for a Trump victory. There will be Rage, but in the form of riots and looting. I do not deny that the Russians are trying to influence our elections in favor of Trump. But I also do not deny that China is trying to influence in favor of Biden.
All good with this known election interference and the GOP blocking election security funding in 2020? There is no middle ground here. Trump calls for welcomes and enables Russian interference, period. Nothing remotely like this is occurring in the Biden campaign. There is no whataboutisms here.

Last edited:

I would be interested in what part you disagree with?

I guarantee you if Trump wins, cities will burn.

If you don’t think China is trying to influence you need to open your eyes.

The Dems have already stated what they will do if Trump wins. They are planning a strategy already.

Eye roll all you want. The above statements are true.

• Haha
Reactions: naturalmwa
McDonnell's Senate doesn't give 2 shits about it in 2020. THAT is a big problem.

But was Obama and Co. worried about it enough to take action?

This from the Senate Intel Committee:

Statement from Chairman Burr:

“After discovering the existence, if not the full scope, of Russia’s election interference efforts in late-2016, the Obama Administration struggled to determine the appropriate response. Frozen by ‘paralysis of analysis,’ hamstrung by constraints both real and perceived, Obama officials debated courses of action without truly taking one. Many of their concerns were understandable, including the fear that warning the public of the election threat would only alarm the American people and accomplish Russia’s goal of undermining faith in our democratic institutions. In navigating those valid concerns, however, Obama officials made decisions that limited their options, including preventing internal information-sharing and siloing cyber and geopolitical threats.

But was Obama and Co. worried about it enough to take action?

This from the Senate Intel Committee:

Statement from Chairman Burr:

“After discovering the existence, if not the full scope, of Russia’s election interference efforts in late-2016, the Obama Administration struggled to determine the appropriate response. Frozen by ‘paralysis of analysis,’ hamstrung by constraints both real and perceived, Obama officials debated courses of action without truly taking one. Many of their concerns were understandable, including the fear that warning the public of the election threat would only alarm the American people and accomplish Russia’s goal of undermining faith in our democratic institutions. In navigating those valid concerns, however, Obama officials made decisions that limited their options, including preventing internal information-sharing and siloing cyber and geopolitical threats.
Once again, the even more amplified knowing of this is not being addressed AT ALL by McDonnell's Senate.

Reactions: Tom Paris
So whose vote tabulation software is on-line so that it could be hacked?

Why does it need to be "online"?

They demonstrated easily at one of the Hacker-Fairs how simple it was to gain access into the machines. And if you have any access into the companies making the machines or writing the software, you can insert your malware.

Stuxnet was a "thing", and the Iranians didn't have their centrifuges "online".
This is, again, why PAPER ballots and MAIL-IN voting are something the Russians do NOT want because they are eminently more difficult to hack w/o traceability.

Your recourse to China interfering in the election is that a special prosecutor can be appointed that Biden can fire. They will then create a report for Congress. Then, if they want, it can proceed to impeachment and a Senate trial with no witnesses. Good luck.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Once again, the even more amplified knowing of this is not being addressed AT ALL by McDonnell's Senate.

Point being though that it is an AMERICAN issue, not a R or D issue like you might be trying to paint it as. Something that will always be here to some degree as long as we are a prosperous and envied nation.

Point being though that it is an AMERICAN issue, not a R or D issue like you might be trying to paint it

It became an "R or D" issue the minute Mitch McConnel decided to block any funding and support to combat it.

If Mitch would jump onboard the train to actively take on the Russian measures, then it'd be non-partisan. But that ain't where we've been for the past 4 years.

I would be interested in what part you disagree with?

I guarantee you if Trump wins, cities will burn.

If you don’t think China is trying to influence you need to open your eyes.

The Dems have already stated what they will do if Trump wins. They are planning a strategy already.

Eye roll all you want. The above statements are true.

Could you walk us through the statements? Because some aren't verifiable or don't make sense as a true/false.

For the first one: Is it that you're making a guarantee that is true?

Is it the need to open eyes the part that is true? That China is trying to influence something is true?

Who are the Dems? What is it that they will do if Trump wins? What are you even claiming here? It's hard to decipher.

You should work on writing clarity. This is a message board, so there's no expectation that people are writing high school essays, but the messages should at least make sense.

Point being though that it is an AMERICAN issue, not a R or D issue like you might be trying to paint it as. Something that will always be here to some degree as long as we are a prosperous and envied nation.
Yes I agree with you and the ones benefiting from it are the GOP cronies once we remove all these traitors then I look forward to working together as Americans. We can't until the cancerous tumor of the Republic is removed.

Reactions: Torg
Russia has been meddling with USA elections and operations for the last 100 years. How is that strictly a R problem? Do you really think we don't
Successfully? Obviously, not. I'm not sure why that's relevant anyway. We need to protect our elections, otherwise we don't live in a democratic republic.

What is China doing to affect the outcome of the election? We know Russia is employing bots and trolls to promote Donald Trump and denigrate Joe Biden as well as sowing overall division via social media. We also know they're actively trying to hack our digital voting machines.

Really interested in hearing what China's up to.

What is China doing to affect the outcome of the election? We know Russia is employing bots and trolls to promote Donald Trump and denigrate Joe Biden as well as sowing overall division via social media. We also know they're actively trying to hack our digital voting machines.

Really interested in hearing what China's up to.
WHERE IS HUNTER!!! Lol

The Cons are preparing for a Biden victory. There will be Rage, but in the form of riots and looting. I do not deny that the Russians are trying to influence our elections in favor of Trump. But I also do not deny that China is trying to influence in favor of Biden.
Fify

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Huh?

There's clear documentation, and even Wray had stated OUTRIGHT that the Russians are trying to get Trump re-elected. He's the gift that keeps on giving for them.

So if Russia went all in to help Biden get elected, would that change your vote, or does what Russia wants not factor in how you vote?

So if Russia went all in to help Biden get elected, would that change your vote, or does what Russia wants not factor in how you vote?

I think it would. I would wonder to myself (that's a thing where you re-evaluate your feelings on something through reflection if anyone wants to try it) what clearly evil, corrupt, and oppressive authoritarian Vladimir Putin sees in Biden that he likes or thinks he can work with. Does he think Biden is a weak pushover? That's not a good quality to have in a leader. Does he think Biden will weaken Nato and withdraw troops that have kept the peace between two of the world's super powers for decades so generations could grow up not scared to death of nuclear war? I sure don't want THAT in a leader. Does he think that Biden is as greedy and corrupt as him and he'll make Americans even bigger marks than we already are for kleptocrats and oligarchs? I hate the thought of that.

So yeah, it definitely would.

Trump says the burning, looting, and rioting will happen if Biden is elected. Are you saying he is wrong?

Yes. I think he is wrong. You all are confusing me with Trump supporters. If I’m a Trump supporter, then why have I decided to vote for Biden?

My feeling on the Nov election. Trump wins and riots/looting will happen in most major cities. I predict absolute chaos. Biden wins, protests, riots and looting will all come to a close. The protests, riots and looting has been the biggest temper tantrum I’ve seen from one political party in my lifetime.

I will definitely comeback here and eat crow if we see Republicans riot and loot of Biden wins. Do I think Trump will have a melt down? Yes. But those that voted for him will go to work the next day, and then they will go home to their families at night.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Yes. I think he is wrong. You all are confusing me with Trump supporters. If I’m a Trump supporter, then why have I decided to vote for Biden?

My feeling on the Nov election. Trump wins and riots/looting will happen in most major cities. I predict absolute chaos. Biden wins, protests, riots and looting will all come to a close. The protests, riots and looting has been the biggest temper tantrum I’ve seen from one political party in my lifetime.
You think the protests that led to some extremists rioting and looting were the result of a Democratic Party temper tantrum?

You seem oddly at peace with Russian interference in your family’s lifestyle. GTFO.

Reactions: Moral
All good with this known election interference and the GOP blocking election security funding in 2020? There is no middle ground here. Trump calls for welcomes and enables Russian interference, period. Nothing remotely like this is occurring in the Biden campaign. There is no whataboutisms here.
What makes you think China doesn’t want Trump to win?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT