ADVERTISEMENT

Page 17 of Bob Woodward's book, Rage

Successfully? Obviously, not. I'm not sure why that's relevant anyway. We need to protect our elections, otherwise we don't live in a democratic republic.
How about ousting Evo Morales in Bolivia in 11/19? Honduras in '09? Uribe in Colombia? Mossadegh in '53? How about Yeltsin in '96? And near 80 other events.

If Biden were actively working with them?
Absolutely that'd be a factor.

So you wouldn’t want him to be President to do the things you think he will do if you found out the Russians wanted him as President?
How would it matter to you?

But was Obama and Co. worried about it enough to take action?

This from the Senate Intel Committee:

Statement from Chairman Burr:

“After discovering the existence, if not the full scope, of Russia’s election interference efforts in late-2016, the Obama Administration struggled to determine the appropriate response. Frozen by ‘paralysis of analysis,’ hamstrung by constraints both real and perceived, Obama officials debated courses of action without truly taking one. Many of their concerns were understandable, including the fear that warning the public of the election threat would only alarm the American people and accomplish Russia’s goal of undermining faith in our democratic institutions. In navigating those valid concerns, however, Obama officials made decisions that limited their options, including preventing internal information-sharing and siloing cyber and geopolitical threats.

I don't disagree with this analysis. Obama's biggest mistakes while in office was not being more proactive in the ramp up to the election in 2016 and now, not being able to convince RGB that she needed to retire before the end of his second term. That may be more of a failure than a mistake and I'm not saying anybody could have gotten a different result (you can't force them to retire, after all), but we will all be paying for it.

Obama's biggest mistakes while in office was not being more proactive in the ramp up to the election in 2016 and now, not being able to convince RGB that she needed to retire before the end of his second term.
Warren retired before LBJ left office. LBJ failed to replace him. Nixon got to replace the Chief Justice and 3 more Justices. That ended the Court's concern with civil rights, the poor, and democracy.

Warren retired before LBJ left office. LBJ failed to replace him. Nixon got to replace the Chief Justice and 3 more Justices. That ended the Court's concern with civil rights, the poor, and democracy.

That's before my time but that's unfortunate as well. Why wasn't he able to get a nominee? Was he blocked by a Republican Senate like Obama was?

I would be interested in what part you disagree with?

I guarantee you if Trump wins, cities will burn.

If you don’t think China is trying to influence you need to open your eyes.

The Dems have already stated what they will do if Trump wins. They are planning a strategy already.

Eye roll all you want. The above statements are true.
No it’s already been proven that China and Iran as well as Russia are attacking Biden. All our enemies want the Buffoon to remain in power tearing us apart. Open your eyes and see the long game.

What is China doing to affect the outcome of the election? We know Russia is employing bots and trolls to promote Donald Trump and denigrate Joe Biden as well as sowing overall division via social media. We also know they're actively trying to hack our digital voting machines.

Really interested in hearing what China's up to.
They are cyber attacking Biden.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
That's before my time but that's unfortunate as well. Why wasn't he able to get a nominee? Was he blocked by a Republican Senate like Obama was?
He nominated Fortas, who was already on the Court, to move into the Chief Justice spot. But the GOP smeared Fortas. It got so nasty that Fortas not only didn't become Chief, he ended up resigning. Making 2 immediate openings (Warren and Fortas) for Nixon to fill with fascists.

Shortly thereafter, Black resigned. And a few years later, Nixon got to replace Douglas. Although Black had gotten a bit conservative toward the end, Nixon basically got to wipe out the liberal wing of the Court - replacing all with hard-right conservatives.

That's what Trump is trying to do with SCOTUS, although he already started with a conservative Court. So far, he's replaced an arch conservative and right-leaning moderate with Justices who are more reliably conservative.

Meanwhile, McConnell is trying to achieve the same sort of coup across the nation with lower level judges.

Even if Biden wins, these changes in the judiciary will make it hard to fix what the GOP broke.

Correction: the 4th Justice replaced by Nixon was Harlan, not Douglas. Ford replaced Douglas.

Last edited:
He nominated Fortas, who was already on the Court, to move into the Chief Justice spot. But the GOP smeared Fortas. It got so nasty that Fortas not only didn't become Chief, he ended up resigning. Making 2 immediate openings (Warren and Fortas) for Nixon to fill with fascists.

Shortly thereafter, Black resigned. And a few years later, Nixon got to replace Douglas. Although Black had gotten a bit conservative toward the end, Nixon basically got to wipe out the liberal wing of the Court - replacing all with hard-right conservatives.

That's what Trump is trying to do with SCOTUS, although he already started with a conservative Court. So far, he's replaced an arch conservative and right-leaning moderate with Justices who are more reliably conservative.

Meanwhile, McConnell is trying to achieve the same sort of coup across the nation with lower level judges.

Even if Biden wins, these changes in the judiciary will make it hard to fix what the GOP broke.

Correction: the 4th Justice replaced by Nixon was Harlan, not Douglas. Ford replaced Douglas.

I've heard people saying that if Democrats get both houses of Congress and the Presidency then they will pack the courts to try and fix what Trump and McConnell had screwed up. I don't like this idea, but I don't see how there are really any other options. When the GOP is so willing to smash norms and then be blatantly hypocritical on the same issue, that demands a response. The GOP are using nukes and you can't fight back with swords.

And now he gets to replace RBG.

If McConnell gets to replace RBG with another Gorsuch, Alito or Kavanaugh, Roe v Wade is toast.

Among many, many other things. Any hope of campaign finance reform or anti-gerrymandering laws are gone. The only avenue that will exist is through a Constitutional amendment and that will never happen either. Too many states will vote no simply because of who created it and not on the merits of the amendment itself.

You think the protests that led to some extremists rioting and looting were the result of a Democratic Party temper tantrum?

The giant temper tantrum started when Trump won In 16. It escalated in 2020 and the Democrats encourage it.

So you wouldn’t want him to be President to do the things you think he will do if you found out the Russians wanted him as President?
What?

I made my point entirely clear: If a candidate is WORKING WITH and ACCEPTING THE HELP of another nation, particularly an adversary, he/she is unfit to lead this country. He/she is supposed to work for Americans, not be indebted to foreign adversaries.

There is literally ONE individual who has done this, in the history of America. One. And you know who he is. And you're going to vote for him, because he says things you like to hear, while grifting America out of millions to line his own pockets.

What?

I made my point entirely clear: If a candidate is WORKING WITH and ACCEPTING THE HELP of another nation, particularly an adversary, he/she is unfit to lead this country. He/she is supposed to work for Americans, not be indebted to foreign adversaries.

I explicitly said in his case Biden is going to do what you expect him to do, but you learn that Russia wants him to be President, does it change your vote?
We can safely assume Biden is going to ‘work for Americans’, but if Russia approves of it what does that actually change for you?

I explicitly said in his case Biden is going to do what you expect him to do, but you learn that Russia wants him to be President, does it change your vote?
There is a DIFFERENCE between foreign countries having a PREFERENCE in an American election, vs. FACILITATING it and directly interfering in it. As well as an American candidate actively supporting that facilitation.

What aspect of my answer is incomprehensible for you?

Can you post a link to rioting and looting prior to this summer beginning after the George Floyd murder? Your original claim was that the unrest was a result of a Democratic party temper tantrum.

The temper tantrum started when Trump won. It’s been going on for four years. The riots and looting is a continuation of the tantrum and a direct result of how the Democratic Party has acted duringnTrunps turn. Now they are threatening even a bigger tantrum if they don’t get their way with the SCOTUS and 2020 election.

I’m not asking or telling you to agree with me. It’s just how I see it.

The temper tantrum started when Trump won. It’s been going on for four years. The riots and looting is a continuation of the tantrum and a direct result of how the Democratic Party has acted duringnTrunps turn. Now they are threatening even a bigger tantrum if they don’t get their way with the SCOTUS and 2020 election.

Get some reality glasses, not “just how you see it” lenses.
Truly look at the shit your boy spews out as a person concerned with all citizens and their well being.

Get some reality glasses, not “just how you see it” lenses.
Truly look at the shit your boy spews out as a person concerned with all citizens and their well being.

Maybe if you paid attention, you’d know Trump is not my boy.

It appears to me that you may be the one that needs to step back and take a non-partisan view.

What?

There is literally ONE individual who has done this, in the history of America. One. And you know who he is. And you're going to vote for him, because he says things you like to hear, while grifting America out of millions to line his own pockets.
I guess if you continue to throw enough shit against the wall, sooner or later, something is going to stick. No ONE has ever done that in the history of America and it's laughable to even suggest. However, it is the height of hypocrisy when Washington has done it to Russia beginning with Woodrow Wilson sending troops in 1918-19, putting the 3rd most hated man in office even though he used tanks on his own people (Yeltsin). That was okay because he was selling off state's assets for pennies on the dollar to western oligarchs. These are the things "supposed progressives" should oppose.

Democrats just hate detente. They are the War Party. There are the most intolerant sums of beaches. They scream climate change all the time while demanding we place troops all over God's green earth in every nook and cranny, even they the are the greatest polluter on the planet.

Well, when a minority of voters get to elect a president people tend to get angry. Three million more of us voted for Clinton . I think we have to right to be upset that our votes didn't matter especially when our President makes it a point that he doesn't care about those of us who are Democrats.

Well, when a minority of voters get to elect a president people tend to get angry. Three million more of us voted for Clinton . I think we have to right to be upset that our votes didn't matter especially when our President makes it a point that he doesn't care about those of us who are Democrats.
The Founders feared a direct democracy. That's why the EC was baked into the system. 30 states REJECTED her. That's a minority. They viewed her goals inimical to their state's interests.

The Founders feared a direct democracy. That's why the EC was baked into the system. 30 states REJECTED her. That's a minority. They viewed her goals inimical to their state's interests.
The founders intended for the electors to choose the President based on their judgment. That idea died a long time ago. The result is unequal representation for American citizens. Land should not get a vote.

The founders intended for the electors to choose the President based on their judgment. That idea died a long time ago. The result is unequal representation for American citizens. Land should not get a vote.
So, an amendment took out the EC?

And the elected Democrats don’t care about Republican voters. Round and round we go. This is the most divided I’ve seen the two parties in my lifetime. I’m 48, so I started paying attention in the Reagan years. I really don’t think you can definitive say that one side is less cooperative than the other. Neither side is willing to work with the other. Personally, I think we need to revamp how our government works, or divide our nation in half or thirds.

And the elected Democrats don’t care about Republican voters. Round and round we go. This is the most divided I’ve seen the two parties in my lifetime. I’m 48, so I started paying attention in the Reagan years. I really don’t think you can definitive say that one side is less cooperative than the other. Neither side is willing to work with the other. Personally, I think we need to revamp how our government works, or divide our nation in half or thirds.

Please post a link where an elected Democrat has said that certain problems only happen in Republican cities/states or a link where a Democratic President has been reluctant to send aid to Republican states. Just give me one example of a President other than Trump that blames all the counrty"s problems on a specific party.

I don't hear Democratic commercials that degrade the entire Republican/right segment of our country, the ads I've listened to complain about specific politicians or policies not an entire political group. Prove me wrong with examples not feelings.

So, from my perspective, you are kinda later to the party. If you did not vote for trump, correct my guess.
When you post about the rioters all being from the left, you lose respect. There have been multiple videos showing right/white people breaking windows and causing havoc that was blamed on black/left rioters.
This stuff is child’s play compared to the 69s/70s, but the president seems to promise violence if he loses the election. Which third of the nation would you like to pretend can survive and prosper alone?

I guess if you continue to throw enough shit against the wall, sooner or later, something is going to stick. No ONE has ever done that in the history of America and it's laughable to even suggest. However, it is the height of hypocrisy when Washington has done it to Russia beginning with Woodrow Wilson sending troops in 1918-19, putting the 3rd most hated man in office even though he used tanks on his own people (Yeltsin). That was okay because he was selling off state's assets for pennies on the dollar to western oligarchs. These are the things "supposed progressives" should oppose.

Democrats just hate detente. They are the War Party. There are the most intolerant sums of beaches. They scream climate change all the time while demanding we place troops all over God's green earth in every nook and cranny, even they the are the greatest polluter on the planet.
Over and over and over. Which school did you attend? Which football team do you cheer for?

Interesting inability to see the difference between our rights to speech and protest, and criminal behavior.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT