ADVERTISEMENT

Panic attack. Anyone get them?

Moral

HR Legend
Sep 29, 2017
I just got one out of nowhere. I was just watching television (Portlandia) and out of the blue I got smacked with crippling anxiety and my heart took off like crazy.

Luckily, a friend of mine tossed me some Xanax around a year ago so I ended up taking some finally.

CSB

Also my mom gets panic attacks when she sees how long the line outside of her house is.

I had one when I was going through a divorce, job loss, and my dad was battling cancer. I had no idea what was happening, it was a crippling feeling that I could only identify after it was done and I spoke with a therapist about it.

Reactions: h-hawk and Moral
Get them occasionally. I haven’t got one since I started working out regularly though.

With that said, CBD drops were my go to remedy whenever I started getting that anxious, racing heart feeling.

Get them occasionally. I haven’t got one since I started working out regularly though.

With that said, CBD drops were my go to remedy whenever I started getting that anxious, racing heart feeling.

I'll have to reup my stock. Who do you use? Or do you buy local?

No but I know they are real.

CSB I took a half a xanex with three pints of beer one time. I blacked out. Discovered in the morning I made baked beans and mash potatoes.

Benzos and booze are a bad combo. I do not approve. I have done stupid things in my life that I wouldn't do again and would definitely tell everyone else to NOT do. CSB: One time in college, my main crew had a house party on a Friday night on a side street off of E. Burlington (roughly Governor and Bowery). Someone lost/left a little bottle with several bars of Xanax that we found the next day when we were cleaning up in the afternoon/slowly drinking Keystones because it was a Saturday. One of my friend's best friends from high school was in town visiting, so he was new to everyone we saw outside our main clique. This young freshman dude who lived in a halfway house on Lucas St came over to hang in the middle of the afternoon. We were kinda mean to him sorta because he was a weird dude who wouldn't admit he was a bike thief but we liked having him around because he knew in 2011 how to buy stuf on the dark web. Anyway, after we had taken the Xanax (prior to this weird kid arriving) with the beers, we thought it would be a good idea to convince him that the guy visiting from out of town was a barber in Ames. The kid bought it and this guy cut his hair outside on the porch with my friend's Walmart electric barber razor he bought for trimming his pubic hair. We couldn't maintain the lie when he went inside and looked in the mirror at the divots on the side and top of his hair.

I used to toward the end of my heavy drinking phase of life. I can feel "the fear" building anytime I get to drinkin more than a couple days in a row the last few years. I really try to give myself some days off around the holidays and such.

I just got one out of nowhere. I was just watching television (Portlandia) and out of the blue I got smacked with crippling anxiety and my heart took off like crazy.

Luckily, a friend of mine tossed me some Xanax around a year ago so I ended up taking some finally.

CSB

Also my mom gets panic attacks when she sees how long the line outside of her house is.

If your health issue is that severe, get some professional help instead on relying on a friend tossing you some old benzos.

Yes, had one when my wife (no pic) was in labor. Things went south, team of doctors rushed in, umbilical cord was around baby’s neck, etc. I tried running to the restroom to splash cold water on my face and fell down. After she and baby were stabilized one of the doctors came in to check on me, then proceeded to chew my ass for standing up in the middle of a panic attack. I’d never had one before - scary stuff.

Closest I come is when I’m driving outside of town at nighttime, especially if I’m by myself. I’m 55 and don’t have the best vision to begin with. Driving in the middle of nowhere after dark is bigly stressful for me. Beyond that, ten years ago I went through a phase of general anxiety that my doc treated me for. Came back last year with COVID, so I’ve been on some meds to settle me down a bit since about April or so. Fun times...

Deep breath in through the nose, let it out very slowly through the mouth, like so slow that you're desperate for another breath when you're done, repeat.
I'll have to reup my stock. Who do you use? Or do you buy local?
Lazarus Naturals is good quality, reasonably priced and has an amazing military discount if you qualify

Reactions: Tunadog and Moral
Once while studying for the bar exam. I was convinced I was having a heart attack. Mr. Birch and I had been dating less than six months and had a date planned and he took me to the hospital instead. It was a really expensive trip for my uninsured self. The nurse said the heart attack patients are the ones trying to convince them it's not a heart attack. It felt like something reached into my chest and was squeezing my heart. I hope to never feel that again.

My ex would get them. One time it was so bad I thought she had had a stroke and had an ambulance come. She was completely shut down.

Reactions: Moral

CSB

A few times. Once from medication. Number one thing to do is realize that it's just your body playing tricks on you and you're not in any actual danger.

Try an emotional support Ferret...
hqdefault.jpg

I've never had one and don't know anyone personally that has ever had one (that I know of). Really hard to get a sense for what they're like when you just can't relate to the feeling - but they don't sound fun.

I've never had one and don't know anyone personally that has ever had one (that I know of). Really hard to get a sense for what they're like when you just can't relate to the feeling - but they don't sound fun.

exactly this. Never had one; never see one.

Are they genetic?

A few back when we were planning to move back and after moving back to Iowa, so probably stress from that. (30 years ago.) I didn't know what I was doing but getting up and walking around made me calm down. The worst was getting them while driving and not being able to escape that situation.

Exercise
Avoid/limit caffeine and sugar
Water
Exercise
Avoid alcohol
CBD
Lavender essential oils
Lemon balm or chamomile tea
Therapy
Meds if necessary

Exercise
Avoid/limit caffeine and sugar
Water
Exercise
Avoid alcohol
CBD
Lavender essential oils
Lemon balm or chamomile tea
Therapy
Meds if necessary

Going to drop the alcohol and caffiene again as well as increasing excercise. CBD is on the way too. I could also improve my hydration. It was an isolated situation for me but I'm not looking for a repeat at all. Already turning in for bed too. Man that shit wore me the eff out.

If your health issue is that severe, get some professional help instead on relying on a friend tossing you some old benzos.
This! Benzos are highly addictive. Only take them with a dr.s prescription, and even then take them rarely. If the panic attack is intense enough, benzos wont touch them anyway. SSRIs have been extremely helpful for me for anxiety, ocd, panic attacks and depression. Also I am a runner and that has been a life saver. Prayer as well.

Had my first one at the end of October from pointless work stress. It took me about a week or so to really get through it. Didn't realize what it actually was until my wife and a friend told me after the fact.

I used to have them a lot growing up but I've only had one since moving out of my childhood home so I think a lot of it was the environment I was living in.

This! Benzos are highly addictive. Only take them with a dr.s prescription, and even then take them rarely. If the panic attack is intense enough, benzos wont touch them anyway. SSRIs have been extremely helpful for me for anxiety, ocd, panic attacks and depression. Also I am a runner and that has been a life saver. Prayer as well.

I most likely won't be taking one again. The toilet might be getting addicted to them soon.

Holy cow, decided to read up on these things after your post. There is some grim info on xanax out there.

Reactions: evashevsky58
Is this what I am having when I see Iowa is only up by 2 and the other team has the ball with 5 seconds left?

ADVERTISEMENT