ADVERTISEMENT

Parents say students at Arizona school were told to remove MAGA gear, one was suspended...

I can tell you guys that the school district I worked for never told a kid he couldn't wear known gang colors to school. It always amazed me how many Pittsburgh sports fans there were in our schools. The police gang task force even complained about the district looking the other way.

I can tell you guys that the school district I worked for never told a kid he couldn't wear known gang colors to school. It always amazed me how many Pittsburgh sports fans there were in our schools. The police gang task force even complained about the district looking the other way.

CSB

Similar to my high school. I was amazed how many Hawkeye fans there were in Eastern Iowa.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
For those of you supporting the MAGA clothing wearers, I guarantee you that their moms would piss you off to no end the other 98 percent of the time. They seem like jewels.
The kids learned a lesson. Mess with the bull, you’ll get the horns. As I tell everyone at work, no politics. It only leads to problems. This crew went looking for atttention, and now they are oppressed. :rolleyes:

I hate Trump with a deep passion, but this sort of post bothers me. As they always say about free speech, the true test is whether you are willing to defend speech that you disagree with or find offensive. I don't want to live in a country where school administrators get to decide what political speech is or isn't acceptable. I couldn't disagree with these kids more, and I do agree that they surely did this for attention, but that is their right.

Now, it could be that there is more to the story than this. I tend not to immediately accept the parents' statements as completely factual.

Reactions: HotelAlphaWilcoKilo
Well it was germane to the topic of discussion, so have a nice day. I am trying harder not to stoop to the level of the leftist Antifa wannabes on the board.

It's not germane at all, as the update says. The topic has gone from speculation of first Amendment infringement to run of the mill high school bullying.

I hate Trump with a deep passion, but this sort of post bothers me. As they always say about free speech, the true test is whether you are willing to defend speech that you disagree with or find offensive. I don't want to live in a country where school administrators get to decide what political speech is or isn't acceptable. I couldn't disagree with these kids more, and I do agree that they surely did this for attention, but that is their right.

Now, it could be that there is more to the story than this. I tend not to immediately accept the parents' statements as completely factual.

I posted an update yesterday. Nobody was punished for supporting or wearing Trump gear. The only person punished was a girl that refused to give her name to school admins, which is against that school's code of conduct.

Reactions: WhiteSoxClone
ADVERTISEMENT