ADVERTISEMENT

Parker Hesse signs with Titans as a TE

Whaa...??? That's crazy. And awesome. Would be a great story for him to make a roster, but an amazing story if he made the roster as a TE.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Hope he is able to do well with the switch. He could be great in a blocking inline type role and has shown decent hands at DE as well .

Reactions: dbrocket
i

One of my favorite plays by Parker. Showed pretty good hands on that play too.

i

One of my favorite plays by Parker. Showed pretty good hands on that play too.

Never seen it from this angle. Thanks for posting.

I was in the restroom at Memorial Stadium when this play happened. Was in their club level seats so the restrooms there are brand new with flat screens on the wall showing the game in real time. All the Husker fans in there were pissed when it happened. I laughed hard and loudly ;)

Last edited:

I was in the restroom at Memorial Stadium when this play happened. Was in their club level seats so the restrooms there are brand new with flat screens on the wall showing the game in real time. All the Husker fans in there were pissed when it happened. I laughed hard and loudly ;)

It was right in front of me. Great anticipation. Freaking COLD that day. Like zero

It would figure that most of the people in there were either (a) pissed when it happened, or (b) full of sh!t.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. Ferentz benched an all-American DE (Epenesa) just so he could give playing time to the 4th best TE on the roster? This is an outrage!

***Sarcasm alert***

Congratulations to Parker. I hope that he makes the roster.

I bet the tweet or whatever it was contained a typo and it should have been DE instead of TE. Parker IMO, played the hardest in the DL with the least ability.

I bet the tweet or whatever it was contained a typo and it should have been DE instead of TE. Parker IMO, played the hardest in the DL with the least ability.
Isn't the 'tweet' the thing in the first post? Wouldn't Perry Hesse be someone that knows? "He is now officially a tight end" doesn't look like a typo.

Hesse has pretty good measurables. He has a very high football IQ. He's associated with Iowa's program ... so NFL teams know that the Hawks have an open door policy with their former players. Lastly, Hesse was essentially a 4-year starter and was a significant leader for the team. Lastly, in high school, he was a successful QB too.

As an undrafted free-agent ... Parker is "cheap." However, his experience as a defender and his endorsement from Kirk AT LEAST gives Hesse some value on special teams. His IQ, measurables, and Iowa background also might give organizations hope that he could develop at TE or FB. Obviously, the NFL isn't typically a developmental league ... so Parker's chances of sticking are likely low. However, special teams value could keep his foot in the door ... and his ability to tap the Iowa staff for extra help with development at TE supplies some hope that he could beat the odds.

I would think his dad (Perry) would get it right. I bet the reliable source in the tweet was Parker!

Reactions: Sheahawk
Very interesting development. If I had to pick a guy who could make that transition it would be Parker. Great athlete and as a former QB you know he has good hands. Go for it Parker. Show the titans you are more than up to the task.

Reactions: TKingpin
isn't this an example of how bad Kirk Ferentz is at assessing the players that he has?
playing an NFL caliber Tight End on the Defensive side of the ball...
what a dummy... no?

:)
Yeah what a dolt. Just no good sense when it comes to football. Somebody needs to tell him he's in the wrong business. I should have thought to let Gary know this when I ran into him the other day.

JOKING!

I'm trying to keep up. Clown fans told us Chase Allen was as good if not better than Iowa's TEs. Nice combination of funny and stupid.

Beyer will make a lot more money in the NFL.

Reactions: Harbinger273
isn't this an example of how bad Kirk Ferentz is at assessing the players that he has?
what a dummy... no?

You pick you nose enough, you'll get some nice boogers.

what a dummy... no?

lets just hope the fool can get it right and put AJE on the proper side on the ball this year!

#b2bmackeys

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT