ADVERTISEMENT

Parker offers?

Wow, I actually want BF gone and I’d be OK with Barnett too but I’m almost hoping they stay just because….

And that F5N5 Guy is pleasant, and I would much rather see his brand of posting than yours, but he clearly… Hell I don’t know what he’s clearly…Nobody can argue the offense has been horrific!

And being complementary is a whole different thing entirely….
No one believes this....not with your incessant need to defend BF. Brian is a failure of an OC in almost every single metric. This whole narrative that if you want BF fired, you are not a "true fan". A "true fan" must blindly support all things Iowa. Oh yeah, you are not a coach so you can't look at the results and say BF did not succeed. Give me a break...

Reactions: littlez
Absolutely agree.

While Iowa's offense was obviously horrible this year, it is never going to be a top 50 offense, just like we will likely never have a defense outside the top 20.

KF wants to limit possessions, move the chains, keep the ball in front of his defense and as far away from his goal line as possible, no turnovers and limit penalties...play clean football. This style isn't going to put up huge numbers on offense, nor will it give up huge numbers on defense.

I like watching these big offenses but damn do they play some terrible defense. As an Iowa fan perhaps I've been conditioned, but I'll take the great D, bad offense, over the great offense, bad defense.
I get what you are saying, but this wasn't bad offense. It was horrible. Could we at least have a bad offense?

I know even a big ten team or 2 has approached pp. I'm sure there have been others but he had made it clear repeatedly he is where he wants to be doing what he wants to do. I know Hayden wanted guys who wanted to be head coaches someday but thankful that pp isn't. It would be interesting to see what the difference might be with OhioSt or Georgia especially with that class they had last year on the field.
Any good staff needs a mix of guys who have a mission to be a HC and those who are very good but happy to get some consistency for their families. Fry obviously had a legendary stable of guys who ended up being very good head coaches. Snyder, Alvarez, Ferentz, Stoops, Bielema. And some others who also ended up being head coaches (McCarney, Long). Fry also had a couple who stayed with him the whole way like Patterson and Brashier.

I'm sure Parker had opportunities before even he got the DC job at Iowa. He was very good d-backs coach for a decade before Norm had his health issues. For whatever reason he likes coaching for KF at Iowa. I am sure that PP would do well at a OSU or Georgia. I am also pretty sure he wouldn't last forever there. Those schools make moves even if you put forth a very good defense but you lose in a big game. OSU had a very good defense this year but got run over by Michigan and Georgia, 2 very good teams. If they are statistically very good next year but don't win the Big 10 or national title, they will not hesitate to change.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Parker who played for norm and brought with him when KF was hired. Just like KF never leaving I think PP would take the stability over a little more $ (which he’s being compensated pretty well for a DC and rightfully so). With his age I’d be shocked if he left for another job.

Remember last off season isu DC Heacock who has connection with new ND coach brought in and allegedly turned down DC job there. Guy in his 60s and maybe liked working with Campbell who like Parker probably has free reign to do what they want with their past success.

Lol OhioSt game says hello 54 pts ... other teams don’t play the crap the hawks get to play 10/12 games. Stop confusing good D with crap O. Those guys are trying to win titles, not toilet bowls.
Tell us you know NOTHING about football without actually telling us...what an absolute CLOWN post by a tool!

Phil Parker has been arguably the best DC in college football since he took the job a decade ago. In essentially the same system, offensively and defensively, under Kirk Ferentz. He’s not going anywhere. He loves Iowa City and he loves Iowa football.

couldn't blame the guy if he wanted to chase a championship in his final years.

Some guys don't need that honestly.

Some of these guys get more out of taking an 18 year old kid and turning them into a mature young adult that can also play football at a high level.

He doesn't need a championship to prove anything.

His resume looks good enough.

Reactions: littlez
No one believes this....not with your incessant need to defend BF. Brian is a failure of an OC in almost every single metric. This whole narrative that if you want BF fired, you are not a "true fan". A "true fan" must blindly support all things Iowa. Oh yeah, you are not a coach so you can't look at the results and say BF did not succeed. Give me a break...

Non of that happened, if you found a post where I ever defended BF and said he should be back I’ll apologize and send you a 25 dollar gift card.

But I appreciate you saying that out loud because there are a shit ton of guys on here including guys that don’t like me very much that know I have definitively said maybe 20 times in the last month or two the BF needed to be gone.

But I appreciate you saying that out loud because there are a shit ton of guys on here including guys that don’t like me very much that know I have definitively said maybe 20 times in the last month or two that BF needed to be gone.

All it proves is what I’ve always said… You guys are only interested in people that are mad as hell and aren’t gonna take it anymore, like you… You immediately lump, reasonable people into the apologist camp…

Ignorant way to live your life, but I expect it from fellas like you!

Last edited:
Any good staff needs a mix of guys who have a mission to be a HC and those who are very good but happy to get some consistency for their families. Fry obviously had a legendary stable of guys who ended up being very good head coaches. Snyder, Alvarez, Ferentz, Stoops, Bielema. And some others who also ended up being head coaches (McCarney, Long). Fry also had a couple who stayed with him the whole way like Patterson and Brashier.

I'm sure Parker had opportunities before even he got the DC job at Iowa. He was very good d-backs coach for a decade before Norm had his health issues. For whatever reason he likes coaching for KF at Iowa. I am sure that PP would do well at a OSU or Georgia. I am also pretty sure he wouldn't last forever there. Those schools make moves even if you put forth a very good defense but you lose in a big game. OSU had a very good defense this year but got run over by Michigan and Georgia, 2 very good teams. If they are statistically very good next year but don't win the Big 10 or national title, they will not hesitate to change.
I agree. Maybe kf just leaves all defensive decisions to him and i think he enjoys Iowa city and the luxury of knowing his job is always secure. Can you imagine the fans if we got a new head coach and he brought in another dc. The fans would probably burn him at the stake. Hard to imagine that there's a more popular coach on our staff. And i think it's not even close

Crap, I just soiled myself seeing this. Phil Parker is an Iowa Hawkeye treasure and now should be elevated to head coach. Move KF to AD and jettison Brian. Get a solid OC and OL coach.
We then continue the great coaching tree lineage and developmental program concepts.
Easy peasy…..
That doesn't sound easy. Lol

I watch these teams play and I'm just shocked high level DBacks want to go play for these coaches over PP. They are some of the most fundamentally unsound tacklers in the country.

Very thankful for PP. It's so much fun watching his unit fly to the ball and put asses on the ground.
Iowa pursues to the ball better than any team Ive seen all year. Even on runs to the wide side there will be 3 or for hawks there They also never take a play off. Half the game is played between the ears and Phil always has them in the place to succeed. There is a lot of love on that defense. Phil for his players and the players for Phil. Great job Phi and all the players.Your a total joy to watch.

while that is a true statement, imo the georgia D gave up more points than iowa’s D did to the osu O
OhioSt had a total of no interest in the Iowa game, they knew no matter how bad they played, they were winning by a big number. It showed.

And leave 3 wins on the field like we did this year or 4 losses by 11 points three to four years a go? Ok to waste PP’s Defenses?
Played garbage teams. Any team with a offensive pulse drubbed the Hawks. Same story different year. Get real.

Played garbage teams. Any team with a offensive pulse drubbed the Hawks. Same story different year. Get real.

Hey your fun…. For what it’s worth many if not, most of us have enjoyed the last 6-7 years of Iowa football. The fact that you haven’t is pretty meaningless to us!

I'm probably a poster who irks many here by pointing to Brian's depth of football knowledge ... and the fact that his "body of work" and resume isn't nearly as bad as folks here suggest. Furthermore, when I break down football tape ... by and large, a lot of the strategic thinking that I see from Brian really isn't that bad. So ... many might say that I "defend" Brian.

However, I'm also the same fan who will also more than happily admit that I'd like to see Brian go ... furthermore, I'm also on record stating that everything I've known/heard about Brian suggests that he can be more than a little bit of a dick. Consequently, I've never really been a "fan" of Brian.

You see ... I don't support dumb-shit fans shooting from the hip. While I may not support (or even like) a coach/player/whatever ... I ultimately still care about evidence and logic ... something that doesn't (always) appear to be found in bountiful quantities on these boards. While I may hold one view ... I will not argue that view if the evidence doesn't support it.

Give me a break!

Reactions: cmhawks99
I'm probably a poster who irks many here by pointing to Brian's depth of football knowledge ... and the fact that his "body of work" and resume isn't nearly as bad as folks here suggest. Furthermore, when I break down football tape ... by and large, a lot of the strategic thinking that I see from Brian really isn't that bad. So ... many might say that I "defend" Brian.

However, I'm also the same fan who will also more than happily admit that I'd like to see Brian go ... furthermore, I'm also on record stating that everything I've known/heard about Brian suggests that he can be more than a little bit of a dick. Consequently, I've never really been a "fan" of Brian.

You see ... I don't support dumb-shit fans shooting from the hip. While I may not support (or even like) a coach/player/whatever ... I ultimately still care about evidence and logic ... something that doesn't (always) appear to be found in bountiful quantities on these boards. While I may hold one view ... I will not argue that view if the evidence doesn't support it.

Give me a break!

😂🤣Ummm....referring to people "a dumb-shit fan" who believe and OC running an offense that ranks second worst in college football is ironic to me. So since you "break down football tape" and BF has "a lot of strategic thinking" means you are not in the group of as you put it dumb-shit fans shooting from the hip" The irony of your post is hilarious.

Reactions: DewHawk and littlez
OhioSt had a total of no interest in the Iowa game, they knew no matter how bad they played, they were winning by a big number. It showed.
OSU coach Day made it a point that this year was revenge for the "Woodshed game", so yeah, they were interested. Get a clue.

Give me a break!
You don't quite get it, do you. You're supposed to preface every post by stating your disgust with BF and call for him (and his daddy and Barta) to be fired immediately. That is what real fans do! Otherwise you're just another Ferentz apologist.

He isn't. He is a Husker.
I was wondering because every post is extremely dumb. I was having an issue with a hawkeye fan being a complete moron. I might disagree with some posters occasionally but only 3 have hit the moron level. Guess it's down to 2. Or maybe 3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT