ADVERTISEMENT

Parts of Interstate 29 and I-680 in Iowa to close Tuesday night due to floodwaters

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Rising floodwaters have prompted the Iowa Department of Transportation to announce road closures on Interstate 29 and I-680.

I-29 is expected to close from 25th Street on the north edge of Council Bluffs to the I-29/880 interchange near Loveland sometime Tuesday night. In addition, the portion of I-680 west of I-29 located in Iowa will also be closed.
The DOT said closure of the roadways were originally expected to occur about 11 a.m. on Tuesday. Crews, however, are working to keep the roads in the Council Bluffs area open as long as possible.

"We are closely monitoring the rising floodwater levels on the Missouri River in addition to the latest weather forecasts," the DOT said in a press release. "Timing of road closures will depend on river levels."

Once the roadway is closed motorists should follow a detour signs that will start at the I-29/880 interchange near Loveland, continue east to the I-80/880 interchange and then southwest on I-80 to Council Bluffs.

Reactions: noleclone2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT