ADVERTISEMENT

passenger with no flying experience lands plane after the pilot became incapacitated

desihawk

HR Legend
Oct 1, 2002

Air Traffic Controller Greg Davis, a certified flight instructor, was on a break when the call came in from the plane, headed out from the Bahamas.
"I rush over there and I walk in and the room is really busy ... and they're like, 'Hey, this pilot's incapacitated. The passengers are flying the plane. They have no flying experience," Morgan told CNN's "New Day" on Wednesday.
Davis learned the passenger on the line had never flown a plane -- but had been around aviation and seen other pilots fly. "He was really calm," Davis said. "He said, 'My name is Brian. I don't know how to fly. I don't know how to stop this thing if I do get on the runway.'"

Note: Some liberties might have been taken with names in above excerpt, see link for actuals.

R.8db2b193882461978f2b80391db713e1

Pretty awesome....balls of steel.
Good on him, but if your choices are either panic and die in a fiery crash or stay calm and maybe live, you stay calm. And landing a single engine Cessna is a lot easier than landing a jet. You have a lot more room for error since you’re going a lot slower.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Good on him, but if your choices are either panic and die in a fiery crash or stay calm and maybe live, you stay calm. And landing a single engine Cessna is a lot easier than landing a jet. You have a lot more room for error since you’re going a lot slower.
Still pretty impressive.,.I’d be shitting my pants

ADVERTISEMENT