ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Chambers

nu2u

HR Legend
Aug 10, 2006
In prior years, Chamber's demeanor was somewhat amusing to me, sometimes irritating.

My view, I confess, was likely influenced by Penn Stare's lack of general competitiveness.

My attitude towards Chambers has since hardened into a decided dislike. His sideline behavior - the exaggerated body language, particularly his Sgt. Carter facial expressions, the hysterical outbursts, etc., now rub me the wrong way. Anyone else?

OGC.4513c3fc60e39a569c175c8b06d209c3
OIP.EAqFpYM5E2dMXB5FpPywHwEXDf

OGC.d91ad117da9f2d8b876d7eb713234bc0

In prior years, Chamber's demeanor was somewhat amusing to me, sometimes irritating.

My view, I confess, was likely influenced by Penn Stare's lack of general competitiveness.

My attitude towards Chambers has since hardened into a decided dislike. His sideline behavior - the exaggerated body language, particularly his Sgt. Carter facial expressions, the hysterical outbursts, etc., now rub me the wrong way. Anyone else?

I'm thinking that, like Fran, he is extremely competitive and lets his emotions get the best of him when his team's competitive spirit/toughness doesn't live up to his expectations. Good to see that Fran as matured a bit and this is likely due to the team being more mentally tough than it has in the past.

I'm thinking that, like Fran, he is extremely competitive and lets his emotions get the best of him when his team's competitive spirit/toughness doesn't live up to his expectations. Good to see that Fran as matured a bit and this is likely due to the team being more mentally tough than it has in the past.

Every coach who makes it to the P5 level is "extremely competitive." You don't make it to that level without being "extremely competitive." Period.

Some coaches wear their emotions on their sleeve, others take a more buttoned down approach. Personally.... I like the crazy dudes. Their passion is contagious and the "loose cannon" factor makes the game more fun to watch.

Reactions: owenhawk
Every coach who makes it to the P5 level is "extremely competitive." You don't make it to that level without being "extremely competitive." Period.

Some coaches wear their emotions on their sleeve, others take a more buttoned down approach. Personally.... I like the crazy dudes. Their passion is contagious and the "loose cannon" factor makes the game more fun to watch.

Yeah they pretty much have to be who they are. I prefer the more reserved guys, but bottom line is can they get their teams to compete. Both Iowa and PSU competed well Saturday, Iowa wore down and PSU got a couple kep breaks down the stretch. Note, I'm not saying officiating cost Iowa. It's a game on the road, the 50/50 calls should not be expected to go to the visiting team. Just the way it went.

Call it externally competitive then. I still think there are degrees of competitiveness amongst high-achieving coaches and different levels of perspective.

Win at all costs vs performing at your best and living with the outcome.

I don't have anything against Chambers and think that he does a pretty good job. It would be tough to be relevant at a school that lives football and wrestling way more than a traditionless basketball team.

I have always kind of liked him. His teams always play tough even when they are struggling.

I'm almost convinced at every sport the PSU AD thinks to himself when he hires a coach "who can I hire that makes Hawkeye54545 want to punch something?"

I can't stand Chambers, Sanderson or Franklin.

I’m with ya, that’s exactly the way I feel!

Never really considered it but now that I have, yep, I don't like him:)

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Good coach, Very complimentary towards Iowa after the game Saturday. He isn’t a blip on my coaches I don’t like radar.

I though Albert Finney passed away last year??

Or did Pat play the role of Daddy Warbucks in Annie???

Either way I like Pat!

182024457-94184d82-7dea-4c09-bbe7-05e837859751.jpg

I’ve always liked Pat Chambers and think he’s a real good coach in a really tough job.

Now Izzo,,, that’s another story.

Could just be me, but I never had the feeling or sense that Todd Lickliter was “extremely competitive”. Maybe just me but he didn’t seem to exude that trait‍♂️

Every college coach is "extremely" competitive. Just because some coaches freak on the court doesn't mean they want to win more than the others.

QUOTE="BrewHawk, post: 7258758, member: 5794"]I'm thinking that, like Fran, he is extremely competitive and lets his emotions get the best of him when his team's competitive spirit/toughness doesn't live up to his expectations. Good to see that Fran as matured a bit and this is likely due to the team being more mentally tough than it has in the past.[/QUOTE]

Every college coach is "extremely" competitive. Just because some coaches freak on the court doesn't mean they want to win more than the others.

QUOTE="BrewHawk, post: 7258758, member: 5794"]I'm thinking that, like Fran, he is extremely competitive and lets his emotions get the best of him when his team's competitive spirit/toughness doesn't live up to his expectations. Good to see that Fran as matured a bit and this is likely due to the team being more mentally tough than it has in the past.
[/QUOTE]

tumblr_piit5yeGKh1s3gys4o1_400.gifv

Call it externally competitive then. I still think there are degrees of competitiveness amongst high-achieving coaches and different levels of perspective.

Win at all costs vs performing at your best and living with the outcome.
I hate the way he teaches defense, the bitches when they call fouls on his team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT