ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Lugo?

Hawkeye4Life78

HR All-American
Jan 11, 2004
I know the rumor was in a thread but now that iawrestle has confirmed his transfer; chances he is in an Iowa singlet next year? Help/hurt chances with recruits?

Reactions: hawki4ever
That's exciting to think about! A true Sophmore, so he could redshirt next year and fall into a very strong lineup perfectly the following year

Edit: Gunna be a true Junior, still can get 2 years though!

Reactions: DirkTang1
Sounds great, but no NCAA team can afford that many studs...errr, except Carl's teams.

The targets should only be top p4p that have wealthy parents. Why is that such a difficult recruiting philosophy for TNT?

To be clear we did not say he was transferring Iowa. We said that he was transferring out of Edinboro. Has not been given a release yet.

And that is exactly the question I posed in the original post! What are the chances he's a hawk?! I even elaborate that when I say you guys are discussing his transfer and his options.

No where did I mean to imply you were reporting he was coming...Looking back; I can see some confusion. My bad...

Last edited:
Was Lugo hurt at the National tournament this year? Didn't he go 0-2 at the NCAA's??

Was Lugo hurt at the National tournament this year? Didn't he go 0-2 at the NCAA's??

149 - Patricio Lugo (31-9) place is unknown and scored 0.50 team points.
Champ. Round 1 - Alex Kocer (South Dakota State) 30-11 won by decision over Patricio Lugo (Edinboro) 31-9 (Dec 6-5)
Cons. Round 1 - Patricio Lugo (Edinboro) 31-9 won by decision over Eric Barone (Illinois) 10-13 (Dec 7-3)
Cons. Round 2 - Laike Gardner (Lehigh) 24-10 won by decision over Patricio Lugo (Edinboro) 31-9 (Dec 12-6)

Christian Pyles tweeted out he seriously doubts Lugo goes to Iowa for whatever that's worth.

Lugo was round of 12 as a true frosh then went 1-2 last year. He had a nice win over Sorensen but it was probably a good night vs. bad night thing. I would take him but with the hope he could be a 141 pounder.

Reactions: JohnBasedow
Lugo was round of 12 as a true frosh then went 1-2 last year. He had a nice win over Sorensen but it was probably a good night vs. bad night thing. I would take him but with the hope he could be a 141 pounder.

Put him in the Iowa room with Sorensen, Kem, Marinelli, Gunther, Glosser, Happel, and Turk for a RS year. The following year, he would be a handful. I thought I read that he was very interested in Iowa - wonder what Pyles is basing his tweet on? Not doubting him, just seems like a pretty good match.

Reactions: YoungGun07
Put him in the Iowa room with Sorensen, Kem, Marinelli, Gunther, Glosser, Happel, and Turk for a RS year. The following year, he would be a handful. I thought I read that he was very interested in Iowa - wonder what Pyles is basing his tweet on? Not doubting him, just seems like a pretty good match.
D1 coach texted me after the show and said he wouldn't be attending Iowa and that I should have taken Willie's 5 dollar bet (where Willie said Lugo would go to Iowa). That was it and is the genesis of the tweet.

D1 coach texted me after the show and said he wouldn't be attending Iowa and that I should have taken Willie's 5 dollar bet (where Willie said Lugo would go to Iowa). That was it and is the genesis of the tweet.

Thanks for your response.

Unless this was an Iowa coach, can you put a ton of stock in what a coach of another school is saying about this situation?

Reactions: ih8iast8
Lugo looked great today - lot of nice wins, including one over Berge. Just looked totally wiped out (and undersized) in the finals. Also not sure how much his ankle injury may have affected him. Anyways, I was pretty impressed and seems like we may have a shot at him. He would fill in nicely at 149 after a redshirt year.

Lugo looked great today - lot of nice wins, including one over Berge. Just looked totally wiped out (and undersized) in the finals. Also not sure how much his ankle injury may have affected him. Anyways, I was pretty impressed and seems like we may have a shot at him. He would fill in nicely at 149 after a redshirt year.
But but but some D1 coach that is texting buddies with pyles said Iowa had no chance.

But but but some D1 coach that is texting buddies with pyles said Iowa had no chance.

CP is such a douche. When Iowa was on top he was all about Iowa. Now that Ped State is the top dog he pimps them. He never wrestled, but he sure likes to act like he knows what he's talking about.

He throws **** against the wall and hopes it sticks. He's about as reliable as the high school kids that commit and decommit, because those are his sources.

Last edited:
There can't be any division one wrestling coach that takes that jock sniffer seriously.

CP is such a douche. When Iowa was on top he was all about Iowa. Now that Ped State odds the top dog he pimps them. He never wrestled, but he sure likes to act like he knows what he's talking about.

He throws **** against the wall and hopes it sticks. He's about as reliable as the high school kids that commit and decommit, because those are his sources.

Stop bagging on CP....it takes hard damn work to keep Cael's dome so shiny

The HWC contingent was cheering Lugo on hard yesterday. If Iowa's out of the running they all either don't know or just don't care and want to see him do well.

Reactions: Edgar Wade
The HWC contingent was cheering Lugo on hard yesterday. If Iowa's out of the running they all either don't know or just don't care and want to see him do well.
This, plus Gobblin is very confident in our chances. We've all learned not to take anything for granted in recruiting, but these are extremely encouraging signs.

Reactions: Edgar Wade
I am going to stick with Pyles and his d1 coaching texting buddy on this. I mean why would a coach from another team have any reason to send such a text unless it was true.

Last edited:
I am going to stick with Pyles and his d1 coaching texting buddy on this. I mean why would a coach from another team have any reason to send such a text unless it was true.
And who said the coach had the correct information to begin with? Plus we all know that all division coaches are so honest and would never say anything that wasn't true...not even to a good buddy" like pyles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT