ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Kennedy?

Hawkeye4Life78

HR All-American
Jan 11, 2004
i know people have said Iowa is looking forward to huge recruiting years coming up due to $$ available, is Kennedy going to be the gem of that?

I didn’t realize he was a sophomore; I thought junior. So it makes me just wait longer...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dagboi
Well, shit. If only Iowa was a heavy hitter.
Come now, everybody knows that Iowa is a heavy hitter. OSU, PSU, MINNY, ASU, tOSU are all gonna be after this kid also. We beat these schools for Lee and Warner and we have also lost out on recruits to these schools. A lot of factors go into a kid choosing a school and those are different for every kid. Iowa will be in his top 5 and like I said time will tell if we land him.

Come now, everybody knows that Iowa is a heavy hitter. OSU, PSU, MINNY, ASU, tOSU are all gonna be after this kid also. We beat these schools for Lee and Warner and we have also lost out on recruits to these schools. A lot of factors go into a kid choosing a school and those are different for every kid. Iowa will be in his top 5 and like I said time will tell if we land him.
Yep -- a lot of factors to come into play. Factors like:
  • Top shelf coaching staff led by World/Olympic champs
  • HWC surging, with a World silver and a U23 World team member, a stacked roster, Mark Perry as head coach, and fundraising about to take a serious turn upward
  • The top facility in the nation, in the works
  • Competing for team titles -- likely to happen quite soon, possibly this year
  • We don't just have f*** -- we have a BLAST. . . . Great team chemistry, quality young men up and down the roster, genuinely pulling for each other, much like a family
  • Best fan support in the nation for decades running, with a chance to wrestle in front of the biggest and most passionate crowds in the nation
  • Our coaches have strong character and play by the rules -- they do things the right way and treat recruits and guys in the program with the respect they deserve, as if they were their own sons. Ask any parents how they think their boy is being treated. You'll get a glowing review.
Granted, every kid is unique and they all have their preferences, but if I'm a recruit, I want to be part of this.

Last edited:

Your list is far too long. Iowa is on the VERY short "list".

Check out Patrick grandmother. She's awesome -

https://twitter.com/PatricKennedy00/media
media

Just remember to add another year to that. Cause you know, they have to redshirt...
If there is a medical, team composition, and or a personal reason for the person wanting or needing to red shirt then they do. If they want to wrestle, are healthy enough to wrestle and give us a competitive advantage by wrestling then they will. That can not be that hard to understand.

If you visit Patrick's twitter page and check out the videos of his grandmother you will feel a lot better about our changes.
No, I really won't and I don't feel bad about our chances anyway. But if we've learned anything it's that social media and apparel choices are poor indicators of where a 16 yr old will attend college.
Regardless, kid's a stud and I sure hope he's a future Hawk.

Reactions: Big Fall

I hope Iowa can land him but there was a time when we thought we would be in Mark Hall's top 5. And we were getting Brady Berge too. As I've mentioned in other threads Iowa is slowly disappearing a lot of top kid's top 5's.

I don't assume anything with this staff anymore. I assumed they were recruiting Gilman back in the day. They were not until last minute. That's a cold hard fact. I would assume the staff would have communicated to Aaron Brooks in some fashion. They did not.

Reactions: artradley
I don't like Tom Ryan, or Carl for that matter, but the way they dress says professionalism. That hurt saying that!

Reactions: purescurve
If there is a medical, team composition, and or a personal reason for the person wanting or needing to red shirt then they do. If they want to wrestle, are healthy enough to wrestle and give us a competitive advantage by wrestling then they will. That can not be that hard to understand.
It's very easy to understand. What's hard to understand is why all those factors can come together in other places, but they don't materialize at Iowa. I'm sure there's a great explanation for that too, but frankly I'm not interested in hearing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT