ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Finebaum: Says don't trust HCs on Covid Tests

Hawky42

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2019
Heard it listening too Doug G on radio. Doug blasted him for it.

Forgot exact quote my interpretation/Paraphrase is "... In the OhioSt-Mich or Bama-Auburn games head coaches may try too let players who test positive play because they go above and beyond too win, don't trust them"

What a dumbass statement, but not surprised Finebomb said this

Forgot exact quote my interpretation/Paraphrase is "... In the OhioSt-Mich or Bama-Auburn games head coaches may try too let players who test positive play because they go above and beyond too win, don't trust them"

I speculated to that exact scenario with someone like Dantonio

I speculated to that exact scenario with someone like Dantonio
I'd say it's not going to happen with all the reporting paper work and so many NICE attorneys. If it does it will be the assistant coaches who will take the blame!!! Head coach won't have anything to do with testing:rolleyes:

Reactions: arizonahawkI

I don’t mind Finebaum, but I think he’s being thoughtless in this subject.

Its not going to be the HCs who make the call. It will be the medical staffs operating within protocol dictated by the powers that be.

This is a high risk venture. Take a look at the number of players quarantined at Texas and Clemson. People who wield far more power than coaches do are calling the shots.

Coaches make the most $$$, but they have bosses who aren’t going to put their careers and reputations on the line to try and save what is more and more looking like a lost season.

He's is a twit putting it nicely. I certainly agree that enjoys hearing himself talk and pontificate on all subjects. Not to mention he is a talking head for the SEC.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
He's one of the talking heads that are in love with the sound of their own voice

This may be true. I’m familiar with his work but don’t listen to him regularly since he covers the SEC, but I listened to two different interviews with him on the radio yesterday and he struck me as the most sensible college football commentator I have heard addressing the impact COVID-19 will have on the upcoming season. He didn’t strike me as egotistical at all. He struck me as a genuine pragmatic who people might hate because the facts or views he states don’t align with their preconceived line of thinking. Again, I haven’t listened to him a lot but in 20 minutes of interviews I was convinced he’s more a voice of reason than an instigator or egotistical blowhard.

This may be true. I’m familiar with his work but don’t listen to him regularly since he covers the SEC, but I listened to two different interviews with him on the radio yesterday and he struck me as the most sensible college football commentator I have heard addressing the impact COVID-19 will have on the upcoming season. He didn’t strike me as egotistical at all. He struck me as a genuine pragmatic who people might hate because the facts or views he states don’t align with their preconceived line of thinking. Again, I haven’t listened to him a lot but in 20 minutes of interviews I was convinced he’s more a voice of reason than an instigator or egotistical blowhard.
Don't know about this subject specifically, but in general big ears Finebaum is one of the biggest talking asses in the business. He's right at home in the SEC. Of course we have our own vershion in the BIG Mr Wilbon.....

Take a look at the number of players quarantined at Texas and Clemson
At what point does this become a "chicken pox party" for people desperate for football to return. Quarantine by placing the whole team together for two weeks, let the virus run its course, and get out on the field. Note I'm not saying this is a good idea.

I wonder who Finebaum WOULD be able to place his trust in? Let me see...I know-the media! I mean, people like him are always so pure and honest and would never mislead the public.

He's not even a SEC guy. He's an Alabama guy, maybe Auburn, Tennessee and Georgia. He is a complete tool, his radio show is a total joke and he really doesn't believe football exists outside the SEC.

He's not even a SEC guy. He's an Alabama guy, maybe Auburn, Tennessee and Georgia. He is a complete tool, his radio show is a total joke and he really doesn't believe football exists outside the SEC.
I'd say Alabama guy. Which is ironic since he went to Tennessee.

Reactions: icwesthawk

sucks to go through life as such a synic of a sport that feeds. Your family

At what point does this become a "chicken pox party" for people desperate for football to return. Quarantine by placing the whole team together for two weeks, let the virus run its course, and get out on the field. Note I'm not saying this is a good idea.
That idea would likely mean we sacrifice about one person per team so that fans can be entertained. That doesn’t seem like an acceptable price.

Reactions: BurgHawk87
That idea would likely mean we sacrifice about one person per team so that fans can be entertained. That doesn’t seem like an acceptable price.

I don’t think that’s accurate if we’re just talking players is it? 18-22 year olds in excellent health, top notch medical attention and the foresight of knowing you are infected would not produce that sort of a purge.

It’s a bold strategy for sure but we may be out of better options for the “football is life” crowd

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT