ADVERTISEMENT

Payton Sandfort is still Growing, is Practicing at 3 Positions & is Working on Pryce to Commit

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Payton has grown an inch since last season. He currently stands at 6 feet, 7.75 inches.

He's been practicing at the 2, 3 and 4 positions. Imagine 6'8 Payton at the 2, 6'9 PMac at the 3 and 6'9 Kris at the 4. Lots of shooters, lots of length.

Payton is also working hard on his brother, Pryce, to commit to the 2023 class.

Lots of good stuff in this interview.

Watch here:

Predict he will be a career top ten scorer. Also, his 3 point range, already impressive, will grow. If he only raises the percentages a little he will have Jordan games where he just rains 3s. Solid shooting inside will get better as Payton gains strength and experience. Already has a great head fake and one dribble pull up.

A willing defender who can cover a lot of floor space. Maybe not superbly athletic but it looks like Payton understands spacing and traps and such things about defending. Again, experience will hone those instincts into better efficiency.

One of the guys I'd like to see next season.

Payton has chance to be a great one. That tends to mean leaving early in the current college B-ball environment, so I kind want him to be good but not great, at least for next year.
If we could lock down his little brother then it could at least mean one season where the two might want to play together, regardless of what happens this year

Seems like Peyton has the potential to have a breakout season. Is he going to get start or getting many minutes?

Seems like Peyton has the potential to have a breakout season. Is he going to get start or getting many minutes?
I don’t think there’s any other way to do it….1 less player at the forward spots this year and he got a lot of minutes…..those 3 interchangeable forwards I think are the strength of this team… and my only worry there is depth. Illness or injury to any of them would be a real problem for us.

Reactions: Hawkeyesgonewild
Pat, Peyton, Kris is Iowas best front line lineup.

Other than fouls or injury it should be pretty hard for any other forwards to get minutes.

There will be games where we need the big guys but there will be games where the above three play heavy minutes. Inside and outside scorers, and all guys that hit a three in a high tempo game.

Reactions: RocknRollface
ADVERTISEMENT