ADVERTISEMENT

Pbp?

Mr. Fix , you are definitely a young bad ass, but you just met the world silver medalist from the Iowa Hawkeyes.
These matches were not as close as they looked.
Gilman controlled it from start to finish. Really never felt he was in danger.
Seems like Gilman knew what was coming, I think Lee takes them both out next year.

Mr. Fix , you are definitely a young bad ass, but you just met the world silver medalist from the Iowa Hawkeyes.
These matches were not as close as they looked.
Gilman controlled it from start to finish. Really never felt he was in danger.

I did when Gilman was in on the leg...thought Fix would score off that in the second match kind of like did in the first.

Is Gilman just too strong?

Too solid defensively and always in good position not allowing Fix to get to his strong positions. A lot of upper body locks that Gilman controlled in the second match. Gilman didn’t give him a shot at an inside trip. Fix was in position for possible push outs, but Gilman was just too positionally and physically strong for him.

I think Gilman's plan in the second match was to play it close and conservative. Daton makes his money in freestyle off of his opponents reactions in flurries...the kid can score from anywhere. Gilman gave a hint when he talked about how good Fix is but let's see how good he is at the fundamentals i.e. being able to set up a shot and score normally. He couldn't.

It's going to be tough sledding for him against Lee who is good at those fundamentals and can score in flurries as well in neutral.

I think Gilman's plan in the second match was to play it close and conservative. Daton makes his money in freestyle off of his opponents reactions in flurries...the kid can score from anywhere. Gilman gave a hint when he talked about how good Fix is but let's see how good he is at the fundamentals i.e. being able to set up a shot and score normally. He couldn't.

It's going to be tough sledding for him against Lee who is good at those fundamentals and can score in flurries as well in neutral.
It will be tough sledding for anyone against Lee. :)

Once IMAR gets down he just can’t come back. It’s like he just loses his mind and loses all technique and mindset

Flo is like the Lee Corso of wrestling. The more they pick against Iowa they better our chances are. Please keep doubting us Flo.

True story. I was nervous about Fix...felt it could have went either way. Like Pish mentioned, the coaches did a great job scouting him and Gilman is just a tough, smart wrestler. However, Flo always seems to pick against us. Kudos to Pyles for getting it right.

57kg: Thomas Gilman vs Daton Fix
Willie: Fix over Gilman, 2 matches to 1

Nomad: Fix over Gilman, 2 matches to none

Bratke: Fix over Gilman, 2 matches to 1

Bader: Fix over Gilman, 2 matches to 1

Spey: Fix over Gilman, 2 matches to 1

Nick V: Gilman over Fix, 2 matches to 1

Pyles: Gilman over Fix, 2 matches to none

Kania: Gilman over Fix, 2 matches to 1

True story. I was nervous about Fix...felt it could have went either way. Like Pish mentioned, the coaches did a great job scouting him and Gilman is just a tough, smart wrestler. However, Flo always seems to pick against us. Kudos to Pyles for getting it right.

#mynerd for the win.

Reactions: ThatsStalling

They picked Piccinni over Lee too!
When the movie critics unanimously say a movie is terrible, (Caddie Shack)...you need to go see it!
Perhaps, this is why we lead the nation in attendance and will continue!
Thanks for the coverage Flo!

They picked Piccinni over Lee too!
When the movie critics unanimously say a movie is terrible, (Caddie Shack)...you need to go see it!
Perhaps, this is why we lead the nation in attendance and will continue!
Thanks for the coverage Flo!
Lee’s learning curve was crazy, people he had close matches with early were destroyed when it mattered most.
So freaking exciting to have him the next three years. Kid is absolutely thrilling to watch.
What a bad ass! Lol
I’ve probably watched him stick tomato 50 times. Lol
If lee wouldn’t have stuck him match would have been 13-2 at after that exchange with riding time.
Demolition.
Dispenser Lee.

Last edited:
Takahashi could be top 3 best P4p he is that good, its a tall task Gman needs to finish with more authority on his takedowns very difficult to finish on Taka his counter offense is sick.
Agreed, such a great counter wrestler, I thought Gilman was going to take him down many times, looked like an easy two only to have it reversed on him

Reactions: Grip220
If it ain't broke
NoFix.png

Lee’s learning curve was crazy, people he had close matches with early were destroyed when it mattered most.
So freaking exciting to have him the next three years. Kid is absolutely thrilling to watch.
What a bad ass! Lol
I’ve probably watched him stick tomato 50 times. Lol
If lee wouldn’t have stuck him match would have been 13-2 at after that exchange with riding time.
Demolition.
Dispenser Lee.

Yeah, Lee is a good one. He is one of the best wrestlers in “the rest of the field” - you know, category D - after all the best wrestlers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT