ADVERTISEMENT

PBS Reynolds v. DeJear debate....

I agree this is extreme. This is the quandary we experience when voting. I dont want a 6 week ban on abortion, but I also don't want the extreme social policies of democrats.

I think the gender laws, racial issues, and other social policies are more detrimental to me and our state than the abortion laws.

Since we can't all get exactly what we want, I have to sacrifice something.
Please elaborate on these "extreme social policies". What are they? Use facts. Not made up Republican lies.

Reactions: Ree4 and RileyHawk
It's NOT in Iowa. That's the whole point. We don't wait around for the shoe to drop on these issues. Stop them before they get ridiculous. I like the direction. Now...... in DEM states.... dear lord.
Where is it being proposed?

Fact is, it's not. It's a non issue the republican's are using in their propaganda. Congratulations, you've been duped.

Reactions: Ree4 and Tom Paris
Totally agree,.. And personally I'd be fine with anything in the range of 16-22 weeks as an Iowa restriction,.. Would not support any federal restriction.
Do you want the states deciding about contraception rights as well? How about gay marriage? Interracial marriage?

Slavery was law of the land for ~90 years. Longevity is not justification.
And it's been illegal for even longer. When righting a wrong (slavery/illegal abortion) you don't go back to the wrong because a minority of people want it.

I agree with you until the word nobody. These aren't coming from leftist extremists...they are coming from Republican party members and a member of the SCOTUS. Links were provided. The extremists are the far right who are basically a Christian Taliban who are forcing their religious views on the rest of the country. They will not stop until they have. If a contraception ban is voted on in Congress, what percentage of Republicans will vote against it? I'm telling you, it won't be very many if that's what their base wants, despite what the majority of Americans think.
Contraception? I don't think very many GOP party members will vote against contraception at all. Are you joking? You don't truly believe that, do you?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Contraception? I don't think very many GOP party members will vote against contraception at all. Are you joking? You don't truly believe that, do you?
They already are. A SC justice wants it to come before the court. How do you not pay attention to these things. There 100% are many many Republicans who will ban contraception if they get a chance. THEY brought it up! NOT the democrats. Good grief.

The evangelical right makes up a large portion of the republican party and this is something they are pushing for. Not to mention they have at least one supporter on the Supreme Court. This is FAR, FAR more prevalent than the notion primary/secondary schools are trying to teach CRT.

Reactions: Ree4 and Tom Paris
Most of this is likely just debate that won't change anybody's mind. Most of my family and many friends say they are glad Trump is not president and that he shouldn't have sent mean Tweets that got people upset. But in the end when I ask who they will vote for if he is the candidate, they say "Oh, I'm voting Republican no matter who it is, I hope it isn't Trump, but have to vote Republican after what these liberals have done to our country in less than two years." They will vote Republican across the board in all elections and say anyone basing their vote on abortion or similar issues are idiots. Several think Herschel Walker is much better than the other candidate for that seat.

They already are. A SC justice wants it to come before the court. How do you not pay attention to these things. There 100% are many many Republicans who will ban contraception if they get a chance. THEY brought it up! NOT the democrats. Good grief.
A minority few are not the GOP. Come on. Get real.

I believe this most recent decision was agreed to by the Supreme Court....
It did overturn precedent. One that you said you agreed with, along with a strong majority of Americans. But since it was conservative justices making the decision (one some justices said was already settled law when being confirmed) you'll turn a blind eye.

You are the republican party.

It did overturn precedent. One that you said you agreed with, along with a strong majority of Americans. But since it was conservative justices making the decision (one some justices said was already settled law when being confirmed) you'll turn a blind eye.

You are the republican party.

I was in general agreement with Roe from a personal standpoint,.. I was never in agreement with Roe as a federal dictate to be imposed on states that saw things differently... There is a reason we call ourselves the united "States" of america...

Reactions: Hammer93
I was in general agreement with Roe from a personal standpoint,.. I was never in agreement with Roe as a federal dictate to be imposed on states that didn't agree... There is a reason we call ourselves the united "States" of america...
Of course, if it were up to you states would be allowed to have slaves if they want.

Hello HROT newcomer who just joined our friendly online community this past August!

We would like you to tell us a little bit about yourself so we, the friendly denizens of HROT, can get to know someone brand new who surely stumbled upon our little corner of the internet by accident!

What are your hopes and dreams? Are you a man (or woman!) of means or a Poor?

And finally, what brings you to HROT?

Thanks!
What do you care? It's the internet, what does tenure have to do with anything... it's not a job, I've been here long enough to know that you switch them like changing shirts. You are not as "sophisticated" as you think you are.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
How this board thinks...

Having a swimsuit contest for Miss America is misogynistic.

Allowing a man to dress up as a hyper sexualized parody of a “woman” and prance around in front of children is brave and progressive.

What do you care? It's the internet, what does tenure have to do with anything... it's not a job, I've been here long enough to know that you switch them like changing shirts. You are not as "sophisticated" as you think you are.
I have never switched my handle once you obnoxious piece of shit troll.

You are a coward who has to change handles frequently because you know what you type is moronic trash.

The reason I care is I've been posting on Hawkeye Report for nearly two decades, and other than asshat trolls like yourself dumping on decent threads every day, it's actually an enjoyable community.

Now, go f---k yourself.

Last edited:
Correct. Righting a wrong....exactly.
???? You're suggesting we go back to the wrong that was righted because a minority of people like it the way it was before? Are you one who also supports states deciding if gay marriage is legal? What about interracial marriage? Access to contraception?

Nobody is arguing the importance of the history of United States and teaching our kids about the goods and bads of how we got to where we are today (Therefore, I am not sure why we should tear down statues of Columbus because a few radical snowflakes find them threatening). History is very, very important. That said, the CRT is asking for our children to (for some reason) feel personally responsible and guilty for the 250 years of history that they weren't even born for and that their parents had nothing to do with, is ridiculous. They had nothing to do with anything that happened. I would suggest just letting them be and teach them real school stuff.
Turn the channel, Hammer. You are spouting far right crap.

Are you suggesting a Civil War to decide about gay marriage, interracial marriage, contraception availability and a litany of other issues?

Appears to me that you're the one making that suggestion,.. No, I would recommend against that approach, not worth the bloodshed.

Appears to me that you're the one making that suggestion,.. No, I would recommend against that approach, not worth the bloodshed.
Not suggesting it, asking you because you're supporting states rights to decide on gay marriage, interracial marriage and even going back to Jim Crow laws. Just trying to figure out where you would draw the line. My guess is you wouldn't.

I have never switched my handle once you obnoxious piece of shit troll.

You are a coward who has to change handles frequently because you know what you type is moronic trash.

The reason I care is I've been posting on Hawkeye Report for nearly two decades, and other than asshat trolls like yourself dumping on decent threads every day, it's actually an enjoyable community.

Now, go f---k yourself.
You get extra protection from your hot takes. Don't dish it out, when you can't take it. Or just disappear... we have seem that before.

You get extra protection from your hot takes. Don't dish it out, when you can't take it. Or just disappear... we have seem that before.
Eat shit, shit eater.

I get latitude from the mods because the only people I bash and insult directly are trolls and they know that. You know you're a troll. I know you're a troll. The mods know you are a troll. You are the equivalent of rat shit on the bottom of the feces-ridden filthy shoe of the internet.

You want to be a troll, take it like the bitch you are.

And with that, this new handle of yours goes on the pile of morons-on-my-ignore-list. Bye.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT