ADVERTISEMENT

PBS Reynolds v. DeJear debate....

She ain't got a snowball's chance in hell but the last 5 minutes DeJear mopped the floor with Kim regarding abortion and pending abortion legislation/litigation. Reynolds was huffing and puffing at the end.
Wow you think your candidate from your party is ‘mopping the floor’ with Reynolds. Let me guess. Frankenstein is also ‘killing it’?

Real hard hitting analysis. Thanks for posting. I know youre a straight shooter.

I'm pretty honest when it comes to these debates. During last elections debate between Ernst and Greenfield, I stated numerous times that Greenfield was not ready to be a Senator and railed her for her lack of knowledge over the issues. I thought the Democratic primary debate from that year was an embarrassment. The lack of seriousness from these candidates made me wonder if there were any heavyweight Democratic candidates left in Iowa.

But now I wonder no more

DeJear commanded the entire night. She won every question. She got Reynolds rattled. And she did this all without being combative or negative. Everything she said was on point and with immense confidence. I admire DeJear after tonight. She was captivating, in total control, and most importantly wants what is best for Iowa and has the tools to get us there.

DeJear will lose next month. Despire her, by far, being way more suitable to lead Iowa than Reynolds, she will lose. And with that, Iowa will lose an amazing potential Governor we desperately need to right this state.

I tip my hat to her. DeJear is a rare issues talent we are unlikely to see again for quite some time.

I'm pretty honest when it comes to these debates. During last elections debate between Ernst and Greenfield, I stated numerous times that Greenfield was not ready to be a Senator and railed her for her lack of knowledge over the issues. I thought the Democratic primary debate from that year was an embarrassment. The lack of seriousness from these candidates made me wonder if there were any heavyweight Democratic candidates left in Iowa.

But now I wonder no more

DeJear commanded the entire night. She won every question. She got Reynolds rattled. And she did this all without being combative or negative. Everything she said was on point and with immense confidence. I admire DeJear after tonight. She was captivating, in total control, and most importantly wants what is best for Iowa and has the tools to get us there.

DeJear will lose next month. Despire her, by far, being way more suitable to lead Iowa than Reynolds, she will lose. And with that, Iowa will lose an amazing potential Governor we desperately need to right this state.

I tip my hat to her. DeJear is a rare issues talent we are unlikely to see again for quite some time.

Are you on staff?

Beltway insiders have Reynolds pegged as a real contender for 2028. Another 4 years of making Iowans proud and she will have a record of leadership and success very few will be able to match.
I wonder if she would trust Americans to just do the right thing….

Beltway insiders have Reynolds pegged as a real contender for 2028. Another 4 years of making Iowans proud and she will have a record of leadership and success very few will be able to match.
Did you watch the debate tonight? DeJear completely dismantled Reynolds on education, healthcare, and finding ways to fill all our vacant job openings. Reynolds record only looks good if you ignore the rapid decline of Iowa since she's taken office.

It’s her faith in us as Americans that makes us want to do right by her. She took on COVID for us. It’s up to us to take on the doubters for her.
I greatly doubt Reynolds. She talks about pilot programs and money invested. She talks about school choice and keeping schools open. But at the end of the day Iowa, which used to have the best education system in America, keeps slipping in the rankings, school children get long waits to access mental health, test proficiency continues to slide, and she does nothing to curb the high cost of college.

I watched documentary on IPTV after the debate on Robert Ray (R). Kim has absolutely none of his qualities as governor.

She takes talking points from the RNC and MAGAS. Ray, as a Republican, chose to go against the grain.

Iowa desperately needs a Governor that is not tied to the party bylines.

My initial thought, in today's social climate, I dont think a black woman running as a Democrat will likely win governor in iowa. I dont think racism is the reason though.

I don't trust the democratic party to not push extreme social policies. I don't support the blm movement nor do I support critical race theory. I dont support affirmative gender care. I do not support the way democrats wanted to keep kids out of school during covid. It doesn't matter if there is a real concern here, perception is key and other democratic leaders nation wide are pushing the limits on these topics.

I admit that I like what DeJear says, and if not for my strong beliefs against the democratic social policies, I would probably vote for her.

It takes drinking to have to read your asinine takes on pretty much every political subject. This time you're just dismissing a woman's opinion about policy that could affect her, but never you. How white man superior you must feel.
The drink is for the tired and over used bullshit take that we only care about people before they're born. It's false and deserves to be called out every time it is vomited out by posters on this board.

But now I wonder no more

I thought this was a good debate. I appreciate both candidates presenting their side without name calling or fighting. Both sides were respectful to the moderator and to the time allotted to them.

I think they both made good points on abortion and they both fell short on abortion. Dejear failed to say late term abortion should be banned. While Reynolds pushes too far with the ban after 6 weeks.

Neither candidate won any voters based on their abortion stance. I think Dejear could have won republican voters by taking a harder stance against late term abortion. (Polititians need to be involved in this the same way they do making murder illegal. Not all doctors are moral, so your policy can't be just to trust them).

Reynolds is what she is on abortion, she will maintain the hard core pro lifers, but is not attracting anyone who thinks abortion should be leagal until viability (most democrats and some Republicans).

Reactions: Hammer93 and Rifler
I thought this was a good debate. I appreciate both candidates presenting their side without name calling or fighting. Both sides were respectful to the moderator and to the time allotted to them.

I think they both made good points on abortion and they both fell short on abortion. Dejear failed to say late term abortion should be banned. While Reynolds pushes too far with the ban after 6 weeks.

Neither candidate won any voters based on their abortion stance. I think Dejear could have won republican voters by taking a harder stance against late term abortion. (Polititians need to be involved in this the same way they do making murder illegal. Not all doctors are moral, so your policy can't be just to trust them).

Reynolds is what she is on abortion, she will maintain the hard core pro lifers, but is not attracting anyone who thinks abortion should be leagal until viability (most democrats and some Republicans).
No comment on Reynolds gloating about the state hoarding millions in surplus while starving public schools and restaurant inspections of needed funds?

😆

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT