ADVERTISEMENT

PBS Reynolds v. DeJear debate....

Why would any one be disappointed? It is what it is…I relax knowing that the GOP has no solutions in mind that will ever become law. So, if anything will ever get done, it will have a heavy Democrat influence. Eventually, the worm will turn. America can only handle so many more tax cuts.
Fair. IMO this place (HROT) will be like the football board after a bad loss.

Fair. IMO this place (HROT) will be like the football board after a bad loss.
Perhaps. But anything to “get the libs” right? I just think America is in a funk right now…too many folks do not understand how America needs to work if it is to be successful. In another 30 years, the American experiment, started 270 years ago will be replaced. Ben Franklin will be proven correct. America will have no one to blame but themselves. Thankfully, I will be gone.
The alternative is America needs to get smarter and much less tribal. Americans need to read more and learn how to separate facts from the bull shit.
Sometime for your edification, read “Forget the Alamo”…. It’s a start.

Its not a yes or no question, but you do you boo. Lord knows you're going to read whatever you want regardless of the actual text.
LOL - you continue to be the self-own king.

"Is the reason you won't answer direct questions because you're a coward?"

To you, that's not a yes/no question but to everyone else it is. LOL - can't make this stuff up.

Went to bed last night thinking this thread would be dead, now logging in, looks like I missed another quality HORT thread.

Probably for the better as I would have lit up the far right for their massive hypocritical b.s.

LOL - you continue to be the self-own king.

"Is the reason you won't answer direct questions because you're a coward?"

To you, that's not a yes/no question but to everyone else it is. LOL - can't make this stuff up.
Thats not the question in question. We still havent moved on from how you misinterpreted my original statement...

A minority few are not the GOP. Come on. Get real.
Like the minority who didn’t want to overturn Roe, right? I listen to what MAGA Republicans are saying. How they vote. Clearly you’re not. If the radical crazy Christian right, tell them to vote to ban contraception, that’s precisely what they’ll do. Because power.

Reactions: mickv
Perhaps. But anything to “get the libs” right? I just think America is in a funk right now…too many folks do not understand how America needs to work if it is to be successful. In another 30 years, the American experiment, started 270 years ago will be replaced. Ben Franklin will be proven correct. America will have no one to blame but themselves. Thankfully, I will be gone.
The alternative is America needs to get smarter and much less tribal. Americans need to read more and learn how to separate facts from the bull shit.
Sometime for your edification, read “Forget the Alamo”…. It’s a start.
Yep. The great experiment is close to dying. I’ll be gone but I feel for my kids.

My initial thought, in today's social climate, I dont think a black woman running as a Democrat will likely win governor in iowa. I dont think racism is the reason though.

I don't trust the democratic party to not push extreme social policies. I don't support the blm movement nor do I support critical race theory. I dont support affirmative gender care. I do not support the way democrats wanted to keep kids out of school during covid. It doesn't matter if there is a real concern here, perception is key and other democratic leaders nation wide are pushing the limits on these topics.

I admit that I like what DeJear says, and if not for my strong beliefs against the democratic social policies, I would probably vote for her.
There is absolutely no such thing as critical race theory being taught. Not now not ever. You’ve got an agenda. And it’s clear by your post.

Thats not the question in question. We still havent moved on from how you misinterpreted my original statement...
Lol - who is this "we" you speak of. You and the turd in your pocket?

You're such a cowardly clown.

My state has adopted fine positions on both interracial and gay marriage, so I'm OK with the states, in general, having that control,.. Your reference to Jim Crow is just an attempt garner support by throwing out scary buzzwords,.. Nobody supports any return to Jim Crow laws.
What about a few states (N Carolina for example, Alabama too) who have failed to redistrict fairly and representatively for its monority (black) residents....and now are in Court trying to repeal the Voting Rights Act which will further restrict certain voters from participatiikng in elections?

Nobody asked you douche.
Ironic, because I’m pretty sure nobody was soliciting your opinion on the matter, either.

In turn, I couldn’t care less what you did or didn’t ask for. If you’re going to post stupid shit with a straight face but can’t handle being called out for it, I would suggest doing at least one of the following: 1) stop posting on HROT, 2) be smarter or thicken your skin, or 3) add to your ignore list.

Ironic, because I’m pretty sure nobody was soliciting your opinion on the matter, either.

In turn, I couldn’t care less what you did or didn’t ask for. If you’re going to post stupid shit with a straight face but can’t handle being called out for it, I would suggest doing at least one of the following: 1) stop posting on HROT, 2) be smarter or thicken your skin, or 3) add to your ignore list.
Lol

Reynolds attended Northwest Missouri State University, taking classes in business, consumer sciences and clothing sales and design. She later took classes at Southeastern Community College in the late 1980s, and then accounting classes at Southwestern Community College between 1992 and 1995.[2] In 2012, she began taking classes in the bachelor of public administration program at Upper Iowa University.[3] She did not earn degrees from any of these institutions. In 2016, Iowa State University awarded her a Bachelor of Liberal Studies degree.[4][5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Reynolds

Reynolds attended Northwest Missouri State University, taking classes in business, consumer sciences and clothing sales and design. She later took classes at Southeastern Community College in the late 1980s, and then accounting classes at Southwestern Community College between 1992 and 1995.[2] In 2012, she began taking classes in the bachelor of public administration program at Upper Iowa University.[3] She did not earn degrees from any of these institutions. In 2016, Iowa State University awarded her a Bachelor of Liberal Studies degree.[4][5]

Wow...could not hack Upper Iowa? Yikes.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Because it is a natural right of all people enshrined in the constitution. “Pursuit of happiness” ring any bells from high school civics? Some of us were awake.
Perhaps you should've been awake a bit more. "Life liberty and pursuit of happiness" is from the Declaration, not Consistution....

You said:
"Yes - she didn't earn the degree, it was given to her."

What evidence do you have that Iowa State University gave her a degree without her earning the degree?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I am very happy with Reynolds response to Covid, school closings, and our overall budget. At the very least, she was one of the few governors that took some consideration of your rights in to account.

Reasonable argument,.. However the federal thumb has become far too large and none of the current topics equate to the level of slavery.
You claim the federal thumb print is too large...I say the federal government’s role is similar to that of a responsible parent, parenting their kids. In this case, “the kids” are the individual states.
Parents role is is to keep the states within the rails (Constitution, Dec of Independence ideals, “the law”....When the states start to stray, the Fed needs to intercede and get them back in line. States, like children, are skilled manipulators and need to be overseen closely and carefully. And another thing to remember, as a parent you know, kids embellish.

You and I. You were pretty obsessed with getting that answered a few posts back...lost your attention already? 😂
LOL - that would be you only. I moved on from it almost immediately knowing you were already into your typical clown show. Carry on Krusty.

LOL - that would be you only. I moved on from it almost immediately knowing you were already into your typical clown show. Carry on Krusty.
You have an odd way of moving on, but hopefully you're serious. Enjoying writing your fairy tales! 👍

You have an odd way of moving on, but hopefully you're serious. Enjoying writing your fairy tales! 👍
Not sure WTF you're talking about now. I moved on to ask you several questions that you are too big of a pussy to answer. As usual.

ADVERTISEMENT