ADVERTISEMENT

PD3

No way, why would we want him?

I'm all in for McKenna if he can make 141...if not, then I don't see the need. He'd be great for post grad though

Downey is basically saying on Twitter that he is going to be a hawk. Not directly but he is saying B1G news and he put the little yellow bird emoji.

I missed the bird emoji... he replied to a "RU Ready?" Tweet so I thought he was looking at Rutgers...

ca7e03ee2e96de6bd884cdb3b129f986e437ab4b76a780ad2b8ee7a498205e42.jpg

I wouldn't worry about it. I think TNT maybe would give a kid with that talent another chance... but it would only come after the kid showed he's decided to no longer be a knucklehead. Not the case here. No way they invite the circus to town.

Any chance PD3 gets (if he gets one) is going to be at a lower to mid tier program looking to make a splash. No trophy contenders are gonna risk the stability of their program (not to mention their jobs) for a kid with his track record that shows zero accountability or willingness to change.

Rutgers would make more sense.
I think Rutgers would be the choice for him, but If I recall correctly on snapchat the other day, he mention being in Baltimore for another week and then heading back to Iowa, so who knows what he has up his sleeve. The more I see on snap, the more ill share.

If Big 10 Rutgers otherwise Kent St not sure why only thing I can think of is Kilgore won it there at 197

I wouldn't worry about it. I think TNT maybe would give a kid with that talent another chance... but it would only come after the kid showed he's decided to no longer be a knucklehead. Not the case here. No way they invite the circus to town.

Any chance PD3 gets (if he gets one) is going to be at a lower to mid tier program looking to make a splash. No trophy contenders are gonna risk the stability of their program (not to mention their jobs) for a kid with his track record that shows zero accountability or willingness to change.

Which really makes me hope Rutgers doesn't pick him up either. I like Pritzlaff and hope he doesn't let PD3's buddy Richie Lewis convince him that he's not a bad seed.

What a headache that kid is and when you see the dad, you see why.

Up until 2 months ago I could see MAYBE Iowa taking a chance on him. But after the bad pub with Barta there is no way Iowa can take him. I have posted earlier that whole deal sucks cause takes the ability away from taking any chances. The Clones take a felon running back transfer that even Florida St and Kentucky kicked to the curb. We take a 3 year honor graduate student RB transfer. Iowa can't come close to the line let alone crossing with a chance on any athlete let alone on a non football or basketball player.

Reactions: ih8iast8
Which really makes me hope Rutgers doesn't pick him up either. I like Pritzlaff and hope he doesn't let PD3's buddy Richie Lewis convince him that he's not a bad seed.

What a headache that kid is and when you see the dad, you see why.
It'd be Scott Goodale Richie Lewis would be trying to convince not Pritzlaff. Lewis is a bit of a character on twitter as well correct? I don't really know I just know CP has mentioned in the past Lewis had some not so kind things to say to him

It'd be Scott Goodale Richie Lewis would be trying to convince not Pritzlaff. Lewis is a bit of a character on twitter as well correct? I don't really know I just know CP has mentioned in the past Lewis had some not so kind things to say to him

They were teammates together at Iowa Central and yes he is a nightmare on their as well.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Wait. What? What do you mean "Maybe not"? Like PDIII going to Ia City? Or are you meaning something completely different?

Nothing concrete and a very low chance but there's been some chatter. But this type of talk has been going on all summer long. A guy like that would have to commit to some serious life changes and I just don't think he could do that. I'd fall off my chair surprised tho...

Reactions: PinsNpints
He comes to Iowa. Keeps his nose clean. Wins Big 10s and nationals.

Does iowa keep it closer in the team races? Surpass teams they otherwise wouldn't?

Last edited:
Simple math says yes.

Keep it closer; maybe, I'll give ya that one? He could just be taking away points from other teams in that regard...

Did anyone expect us to score points at 97 next year? Would having a champion there bring us over OSU? It may bring us closer but maybe not over....

Some expect a pretty deep drop off...

Keep it closer; maybe, I'll give ya that one? He could just be taking away points from other teams in that regard...

Did anyone expect us to score points at 97 next year? Would having a champion there bring us over OSU? It may bring us closer but maybe not over....

Some expect a pretty deep drop off...
We haven't been in sniffing distance for years. Expect more of the same for next year. We need to get MUCH better, and hopefully we are.

Nothing concrete and a very low chance but there's been some chatter. But this type of talk has been going on all summer long. A guy like that would have to commit to some serious life changes and I just don't think he could do that. I'd fall off my chair surprised tho...
I'll seriously have to reconsider where I'm sending my money if we bring him in. That's how against this I am

I just refuse to believe there is intrest from our staff. I just cant believe they would take this kid in after the story about Kems recruitment.

Reactions: DirkTang1
I'll seriously have to reconsider where I'm sending my money if we bring him in. That's how against this I am

I am going to have faith in the guys that in the end, it won't happen. I get the urge to compete and to win. I really do. It's tough to turn down a potential contender. Let's just hope it's all hat not cattle.

Very serious chatter, actually....but I too would be pretty surprised if it actually came to fruition.

Reactions: IAChief32
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT