ADVERTISEMENT

PD3

I have revealed nothing significant to the enlightened (?sober?). When PD3 is eligible, compliments of the NCAA, it means he is eligible. It doesn't mean he will wrestle-- ie Midlands??? It is no secret that we fans want him on the team ASAP. It may be done by Sunday but it is in the hands of the bureaucrats. Every coach and administrator is familiar with the process-- it is anybody's guess- 3 days , 3 weeks, or god forbid, 3 months. You can't push on a rope. The NCAA does not take orders from coaches, parents or athletes or drunk fans.

Not preparing for Downey "just in case" is stupid and John Smith et al are not stupid.

I will tell you a real big secret but only if you give me 2 of whatever you are drinking........... coaches are gonna pull Spencer Lee's redshirt and let him wrestle at 125. Shhhh PSU may be listening.
The part where he says might pull Lee's shirt really gets me. He must really be wasted

The real situation here us that he is on the TEAM. He will certainly be in the line-up for tOSU, and maybe even this weekend. But the plan has already been to make sure he is eligible, a good team mate (and internal decisions are ok with the team), at the right weight, and physically ready for the weight and the full 7 minutes (because of the hype and expectations. The coaches are managing the situation - and trust me, they want to please, the fans, the athletes and the results. So we are all on the same page.

Also, you don't reveal these things whether you realize it or not - a wrestling match is a "fight" between two teams. Why would you give your opponent to advance opportunity time to prepare for Downey over Wilcke (or vice versa, theyare completely different wrestlers or Downy over Bowman (again completely different wrestlers). Let the OSU two have to prepare for the 4 for us while our 2 can prepare for their 1. I get it that the fans want to know, but don't you want to help the team more? A PSU fan should come on here and ask all the sensitive questions on recruiting, redshirts, weight changes, etc just because, as fans, we (And the Iowa fans) want to know. But the minute it hurts the team we all blame the wrestlers and coaches. They are playing their cards and they have a lot of plays. Should we have heard about PSU's 125 transfer last month on their forum?

There is a middle ground for all I guess and here it is: We might pull Lee, Downey is eligible and will likely be ready to go for tOSU or even this weekend (OSU), we are deciding on 184/197 on the basis of the team which involves three direct wrestlers and 17 indirect wrestlers, and their remainder careers with our program. If Downey beats Wilcke by 4 you all will demand he start...but what if that means Wilcke transfers out pissed for the next 2 years - then you have a Bowman Warner lineup and not a WIlcke Warner lineup.

And while I am on my soap box - if we still had Seth Gross, we likely would not have the only to land See, Warner, Murin and/or Young....so realize it's much more than movie from 5 to 3rd at Nationals!
I was gonna pound a fifth of jack before the hawks and vikings sunday, but im starting to think you should give me the recipe of whatever you're chugging on while writing your post

I was gonna pound a fifth of jack before the hawks and vikings sunday, but im starting to think you should give me the recipe of whatever you're chugging on while writing your post

must be good stuff....clouds the mind , impairs judgment but still has good physical dexterity -able to type. I bet I could pass the DUI check point on it.

“Free the weed” Follow Canadian medical and recreational canibus stocks. Easy $ coming up...

Do football teams play games before classes start? Pretty sure football season kicks off the first week in September if I am not mistaken.

Some football teams have. I know a few years ago tOSU did...they're on either a trimester or quarter calendar, I believe.

Where do I buy tickets for said canibus??

Sorry......not sure how to get the actual canibus but the Canadian canibus stocks again making bank. 4 of the stocks up between 15-20% today. Would this be considered buying or selling drugs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT