ADVERTISEMENT

PED Testing

Yes they do have testing.

Not realistically, it's not. I'd love to hear more about what testing is done from anyone who can comment with those details. From what I understand, they randomly test maybe a couple of people per year and they're notified in advance. Then they test a few of the All Americans at the end of the NCAA tournament, but again they know that testing date in advance. If this isn't accurate, someone please correct me.

If anyone can name any prominent football players or wrestlers who've tested positive for PEDs and been punished in the last decade let me know. I can't think of anyone. It's never a story. Essentially never happens.

When the UFC took testing seriously for a short while (back when USADA initially stepped in), guys were popping left and right. How is it that all of these UFC athletes were testing positive but no NCAA athletes? Also Daton Fix, popped when he was in the senior testing pool. That was USADA testing.

NCAA testing is a complete joke and it's safe to assume a shitload of athletes are using banned PEDs, but there is an extremely (close to zero) risk of being caught if you are smart.

I don't accuse individuals of cheating without evidence, but it's insane to just assume that because no one is testing positive, that everyone is clean. Guys are using, we just don't know who or how many.

Last edited by a moderator:
testing can be circumvented and it has, is, and will continue to be. Anybody that has done it or competed at that level can easily identify those who are on it. and no accusations against them will ever convince the majority that have never done it or competed at that level. It's a losing battle. and it has been for decades.

College wrestlers are randomly tested at their schools, and some are tested at NCAAS. Internationally, US National team members are subjected to random drug tests without notice. They will literally show up at your door at 6:30 a.m. in the morning to get their ruine sample.

Athletes are required to record what their whereabouts will be if they will not be in town of their permanent residence, such as gone for a few days visiting family etc. If a wrestler is not present when they show up, they will receive a message that USADA is looking for them... They might be working out, at the grocery store, etc. and the USADA rep. will come meet you where you are, (within reason ) or wait if the athlete will return shortly. A no-show, no response, or an, "I am out of town," will get you dinged and you are only allowed a couple of those before you are suspended for a year.. That happened to one US Greco-Roman wrestler... I know of one college wrestler, that was on the US National Team, who had the USADA rep. show up in the wrestling room during practice. The same wrestler had USADA show up at 6:30 a.m. on a sunday morning at his girlfriends house for a sample as well. Finalists at Final X, and medalists at the World Championships are tested.

College wrestlers are randomly tested at their schools, and some are tested at NCAAS. Internationally, US National team members are subjected to random drug tests without notice. They will literally show up at your door at 6:30 a.m. in the morning to get their ruine sample.

Athletes are required to record what their whereabouts will be if they will not be in town of their permanent residence, such as gone for a few days visiting family etc. If a wrestler is not present when they show up, they will receive a message that USADA is looking for them... They might be working out, at the grocery store, etc. and the USADA rep. will come meet you where you are, (within reason ) or wait if the athlete will return shortly. A no-show, no response, or an, "I am out of town," will get you dinged and you are only allowed a couple of those before you are suspended for a year.. That happened to one US Greco-Roman wrestler... I know of one college wrestler, that was on the US National Team, who had the USADA rep. show up in the wrestling room during practice. The same wrestler had USADA show up at 6:30 a.m. on a sunday morning at his girlfriends house for a sample as well. Finalists at Final X, and medalists at the World Championships are tested.

Burroughs once said he was eating breakfast at a restaurant when they showed up to pee test him there in the men's room.

Burroughs once said he was eating breakfast at a restaurant when they showed up to pee test him there in the men's room.
I follow a few US Olympic weightlifters, and they have similar stories. They have to submit whereabouts info to USADA regularly because they will show up unannounced at their home, at restaurants, or I think even if they are traveling within the US?

Reactions: bourbon n blues
At NCAA's the test is a simple urine test looking for drugs. Approximately 70% of all positives across the NCAA were for marijuana. Punishment is education. Steroids and peptides are readily used by some athletes. I wouldn't be surprised to see their use skyrocket with the payouts that can come with winning now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT