ADVERTISEMENT

Pence is one awkward SOB

He should have stopped at "I've got some red meat for you." Dudes got no game.
Shoulda just started a “Meat. Meat. Meat...” chant, stepped away from the podium, pulled a T-bone from his pants and tongued it there on stage with unrestrained lust of a love struck teenager on E, feigned (or not) ejaculation, beads of sweat on his forehead, cast the steak aside, go back to the podium to resume speaking while indulging in a cigarette.

I think Pence is even darker and more repulsive than Trump. Or he’s just compromised as fück. Or tragically stupid.

Or, of course, D.

Oh, he's much worse than Trump. Trump is mentally ill and can't help himself, Pence should know better, and the fact that he believes God has chosen him to be president someday says all you need to know about him.

Reactions: ft254
Where do they get this stuff that the Democrats want to take meat away from them?
To be fair one of the many factors both as it relates to global warming/climate change but also public health is consumption of meat. Of course the right then does the straw man fallacy thing with this by advancing the idea that this means “taking away meat”.

So, y'all down with giving up beef or significantly reducing consumption?
It could be a bit more healthy for all of us... reducing consumption of red meat.
I saw a video of pence delivering this mess. He is not much of a motivator, to be polite.
On the other hand, this is one of the silliest attacks in political history.

The only time Trump attended church was as a child
and he listened to "The Power of Positive Thinking"
from the pulpit of Rev. Norman Vincent Peale.

Pence claims to be an Evangelical who has been
anointed by God to someday be President. Pence
has no clue what genuine Christianity is all about.

So having recommendations saying “hey, maybe ease up on meat eating” is equivalent to a mandate in your mind?

These are Harris’s words from the link you posted:

“The balance we have to strike here is about what government can and can’t do surrounding incentives than about banning certain behaviors. I’ll be honest with you, I love cheeseburgers from time to time. And there has to be incentives around what we can do to encourage healthy eating and encourage moderation. We have to be better educated about the effect our eating habits have on the environment and the government has to be better about that.”

So she is advocating reevaluating the food pyramid guidelines with updated science surrounding nutrition and the environmental impact on consuming meat. The goal is to encourage people to take personal responsibility, not to ban meat.

Last edited:
So having recommendations saying “hey, maybe ease up on meat eating” is equivalent to a mandate in your mind?
I didn't say she said mandate, merely pointed out that she is, at a minimum, in favor of changing government guidelines.

Ya down?

Reactions: billanole
It's a perfect example of why America sucks at Covid. Americans, as a whole, love being unhealthy!
What’s crazy is this is an effect of coercion. We didn’t get here by accident. We are fed messaging equating freedom to unimpeded and unrestricted consumption. This is both the cause and the effect of a consumerist capitalist culture. And it is entirely unsustainable, despite the unrelenting efforts of those who lord over it.

What’s crazy is this is an effect of coercion. We didn’t get here by accident. We are fed messaging equating freedom to unimpeded and unrestricted consumption. This is both the cause and the effect of a consumerist capitalist culture. And it is entirely unsustainable, despite the unrelenting efforts of those who lord over it.
The American Empire is going to end sooner than later.

I didn't say she said mandate, merely pointed out that she is, at a minimum, in favor of changing government guidelines.

Ya down?
I am 100 percent in favor of the United States government using the most recent science and expertise in establishing guidelines and recommendations to encourage its citizens to engage in personally responsible behavior to improve the overall health of our citizenry and our planet.

Who wouldn’t be?

Reactions: ryan2144
Preach it, brother. Buying unneeded shit is like a religion to many...

Reactions: cigaretteman
Thank you for your honest response.

I wouldn't advocate eating lab-grown meat, but would support changing to more natural, organic farming methods.

What would be these more natural, organic methods and what makes them healthier or better for consumption?

Reactions: Tunadog
I am 100 percent in favor of the United States government using the most recent science and expertise in establishing guidelines and recommendations to encourage its citizens to engage in personally responsible behavior to improve the overall health of our citizenry and our planet.

Who wouldn’t be?
So when did you abandon the current guidelines or food pyramid?

Reactions: billanole
It’s ending now. It’s hard to see from our vantage point. But the America of the last 100 years or so is kaput. Goners.
It's easy to see if you're looking objectively. That's why I sort of scoff at people who are insisting that "Russia" is bringing us down, or China, or whatever the culprit. Americans have CHOSEN- willingly and eagerly CHOSEN- to piss it away all... by... themselves! Give us convenience and consumption! Choices have consequences!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT