ADVERTISEMENT

Pence is one awkward SOB

What would be these more natural, organic methods and what makes them healthier or better for consumption?
Wow, where to begin? Surely you know many of the standard reasons people advocate for organic food but, shoot, an obvious one is less chemicals.

It's easy to see if you're looking objectively. That's why I sort of scoff at people who are insisting that "Russia" is bringing us down, or China, or whatever the culprit. Americans have CHOSEN- willingly and eagerly CHOSEN- to piss it away all... by... themselves! Give us convenience and consumption! Choices have consequences!

From whence shall we expect the approach of danger?

Shall some transatlantic giant step the earth and crush us at a blow?

Never! All the armies of Europe and Asia could not, by force, take a drink from the Ohio River

Or set a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years.

If destruction be our lot, we ourselves must be its author and finisher.

As a nation of free men, we will live forever, or die by suicide"

I didn't say she said mandate, merely pointed out that she is, at a minimum, in favor of changing government guidelines.

Ya down?
Sure, it's guideline. Big deal, Americans ignore guidelines meant to keep us healthy all the time. Look at the current pandemic....

From whence shall we expect the approach of danger?

Shall some transatlantic giant step the earth and crush us at a blow?

Never! All the armies of Europe and Asia could not, by force, take a drink from the Ohio River

Or set a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years.

If destruction be our lot, we ourselves must be its author and finisher.

As a nation of free men, we will live forever, or die by suicide"
That is EXACTLY what went through my mind... the Lincoln quote!

Reactions: Rudolph and torbee
Fair enough.

But what are all these chemicals being used in animal production and why are they bad for you?

How would we raise animals to be more "natural"?
I was mainly thinking of what we use as feed for animal production.

Free-range chickens, grass-fed cows ... those practices.

The practice of eating meat...

Is inhumane

Is unhealthy, in and of itself

Is unhealthy, to the extent that it is the basis for some food poisoning, such as e coli outbreaks (you may get it from the lettuce, but the lettuce gets it from the manure and runoff)

Is unhealthy, to the extent that industrial livestock procedures and live markets are the prime breeding grounds for pandemics - including swine flu, avian flu, coronavirus, SARS and more

Is a major contributor to greenhouse gasses, global warming, climate change​

You might think that rational beings would abandon eating meat.

Lab-grown meat could eliminate most of those concerns. Until then, at least cut back, if you can't bring yourself to stop altogether.

Last edited:
Where do they get this stuff that the Democrats want to take meat away from them?
FOX News and talk radio.
Same fearmongers who say banning 100 round drum mags means they’re coming for your guns, wearing masks means you are giving up fundamental freedoms, saying Happy Holidays means you are against Christmas, etc etc etc

I am 100 percent in favor of the United States government using the most recent science and expertise in establishing guidelines and recommendations to encourage its citizens to engage in personally responsible behavior to improve the overall health of our citizenry and our planet.

Who wouldn’t be?
Well, I WOULD be in favor, if that's what they actually did.

I hope a Biden administration will do a much better job of this - although I am not aware of any reason to think it will be.

We need to stop relying upon studies funded by the sugar industry on how much sugar we can feed our kids, the dairy industry on how much pus is OK in milk, Monsanto on how much glyphosate is safe in foods, the oil industry on how safe fracking is to our water supply, the poultry industry on how safe it is to feed ground up chicken to cows and vice versa, and so on.

Well, I WOULD be in favor, if that's what they actually did.

I hope a Biden administration will do a much better job of this - although I am not aware of any reason to think it will be.

We need to stop relying upon studies funded by the sugar industry on how much sugar we can feed our kids, the dairy industry on how much pus is OK in milk, Monsanto on how much glyphosate is safe in foods, the oil industry on how safe fracking is to our water supply, the poultry industry on how safe it is to feed ground up chicken to cows and vice versa, and so on.
Philip Morris says smoking is ideal for calming your nerves and relaxing your throat.

The opportunity cost of life. Die of cancer or die from heart disease.
I have a brother, a smoker, who swears he is “going out on time”. We have watched relatives linger with Alzheimers and he does not want that path. He would rather the sure death from smokes...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT