ADVERTISEMENT

Pence is one awkward SOB

If that were true they would all be organic farmers.
I am not saying that all producers will be organic. Somebody has to grow corn for ethanol and high-fructose products, right? I did mention small place... not the corporate model that today’s “small farmer” emulates.

Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
Well, I would obviously contend the benefit is healthier food with better quality which you often can see and taste, btw.

You seem to favor mass production, but correct me if I'm wrong. Last word to you if wish.

The health argument can be had although i believe the dangers of "industrial" farming is overblown,but with an exploding or at least increasing world population "industrial" farming is here to stay.

Reactions: billanole
Well, I would obviously contend the benefit is healthier food with better quality which you often can see and taste, btw.

You seem to favor mass production, but correct me if I'm wrong. Last word to you if wish.

Please link all the studies showing organic is better for you and healthier. Thanks in advance.

The health argument can be had although i believe the dangers of "industrial" farming is overblown,but with an exploding or at least increasing world population "industrial" farming is here to stay.
Why is Iowa so hell bent on wearing out their soil for ethanol instead of food crops? That doesn’t feed people.

Go visit some organic producers and see how much grows in a small place. It is not industrial production... that is not the goal.

Conventional produces more yield, that's not debatable.

And if you don't think organic farming uses chemicals and pesticides, some containing supper toxic compounds like copper sulfate, I've for some ocean front property in Iowa to sell you.

Conventional produces more yield, that's not debatable.

And if you don't think organic farming uses chemicals and pesticides, some containing supper toxic compounds like copper sulfate, I've for some ocean front property in Iowa to sell you.
You and I obviously have been around different organic farms.
Ethanol much? You

2nd lady has upped her game a little. Gone from an Ina Garten lookalike to mysteriously-potentially-not-unattractive. I'm surprised he's been so against mask-use through most of this pandemic.

Ina Garten:

ina.jpg

KP old-school:

KP after style change:

TDP-L-KAREN-PENCE-ANSCHUTZ_JAC1497x-1.jpg

Reactions: millah_22
You and I obviously have been around different organic farms.
Ethanol much? You

Do I use ethanol? Of course, it's a great fuel alternative/additive and an outstanding feed source for cattle.

And there are plenty of organic corn and soybean producers around here. They use pesticides just like conventional farmers.

Why is Iowa so hell bent on wearing out their soil for ethanol instead of food crops? That doesn’t feed people.

You don't think we grow food crops? Grain is fed to livestock and we also grow food grade corn used in all kinds of human consumption products. Soil conservation is light years ahead of were it was just 25 years ago. A farmer isn't hell bent on wearing out his soil it's his livelihood. Oh and what is wrong with ethanol?

Reactions: bojihawk44
You don't think we grow food crops? Grain is fed to livestock and we also grow food grade corn used in all kinds of human consumption products. Soil conservation is light years ahead of were it was just 25 years ago. A farmer isn't hell bent on wearing out his soil it's his livelihood. Oh and what is wrong with ethanol?

Nailed it. Guy is fvcking clueless.

You've been incorrect on all of your assertions so far. You seem to have it out for "big ag" for no apparent reason. Just an odd stance, but whatever.

I don't get it either. No one is arguing that their isn't a place for organic farming but when you're trying to help feed the world your going to have to go big.

Reactions: bojihawk44
You've been incorrect on all of your assertions so far. You seem to have it out for "big ag" for no apparent reason. Just an odd stance, but whatever.
You see it from your perspective. Others see it differently. Are you the arbiter of truth, or just one more person with an opinion?

Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
You see it from your perspective. Others see it differently. Are you the arbiter of truth, or just one more person with an opinion?

My opinion is backed by facts and science. Unfortunately most people don't value those anymore so I understand your stance.

My opinion is backed by facts and science. Unfortunately most people don't value those anymore so I understand your stance.
Obviously, you know best... based on your point of view.
A few questions, if you would humor me. In your years of farming, do you think the depth of top soil on your acreage has increased or decreased? Is there more organic matter present in your ground, or less?

Of course not, just like I haven't seen "Plandemic". Complete bullshit.

I've farmed and grown up around farming my entire life, I know what it's actually like.
The farmers in "Sustainable" have also farmed their whole lives, studied farming their whole lives, so on and so forth.

Golly, but ƒuck them, right?

Industrial chicken and pig operations are pandemics waiting to happen. Not if but when. Cattle or sheep, not so much.

The farmers in "Sustainable" have also farmed their whole lives, studied farming their whole lives, so on and so forth.

Golly, but ƒuck them, right?
Sustainable was pretty amazing/alarming/insightful... but, I'm no farmer!

I think Pence is even darker and more repulsive than Trump. Or he’s just compromised. Or tragically stupid.

Or, of course, D.
When the WH loses in November, Pence is going to need another gig.

I don't think he has a future as a "motivational speaker". Listening to him for any length of time will put people to sleep.

One thing about his speech in DM, tho... the puppet strings were hardly noticeable.

There are tons of benefits but I won't waste the energy. Enjoy those disgusting Iowa waterways, f'n gross....

Haha, okay name all the benefits please. This should be interesting.

And organic farming contributes to runoff, too. Unfortunately feeding the world has some down sides.

Lower yields means more land. Pretty simple math.
You seem stuck on lower yields. The organic folks I know have strong yields. They also don’t use fertilizer, (except manure and compost) like the organic folks you post about.
Sure, you bore with a big auger.

Shoulda just started a “Meat. Meat. Meat...” chant, stepped away from the podium, pulled a T-bone from his pants and tongued it there on stage with unrestrained lust of a love struck teenager on E, feigned (or not) ejaculation, beads of sweat on his forehead, cast the steak aside, go back to the podium to resume speaking while indulging in a cigarette.
"Don't finish! You never finish!"

• Haha
Reactions: fredjr82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT